ADVERTISEMENT

Is Trump a toddler or a first-grader?

Eternal Return

HR Heisman
Oct 15, 2009
I know, it's tough to gauge. I think that he's a toddler emotionally and a first-grader intellectually.

Case in point: "I'm the least racist person you'll ever interview."

Outside of children on elementary school playgrounds, no one says things like this. But this is standard for him. "I am the best [insert whatever you'd like] ever," or "No one can [insert whatever you'd like] as well as I can." How do Trump supporters justify their support for a petulant child? Is it some Biblical thing: "And a snot-nosed brat shall lead them"?

No, I think this article sums it up best:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/01/03/will-conservatism-end-in-nihilism/#.WlOe0r05cEA.facebook

Now, I know people here don't like to read more than three sentences at a time so by those standards this article is ten times longer than "War and Peace" (that's a very long book published long ago for those of you who are against education--in the Enlightenment sense of the word. Sorry, you don't know what the Enlightnment is, do you? Damn. It's tough to explain anything to people who have so few points of reference available to them.).

I shall compromise and quote a few noteworthy paragraphs that can help us all understand why Trump's followers continue supporting him:

"Conservatives manage to see themselves as appointed by divine will to be the ones on top, but they simultaneously view it as a burden of natural leadership which they carry out with same noblesse with which Maistre’s hangman went about his God-appointed task. This attitude also explains the need for a despised underclass on a permanent basis; otherwise working-class Republicans would have no one to look down upon, and might cast envious eyes upward."

"Donald Trump did not hijack American conservatism; in him it reached its logical culmination. The defining characteristics of post-1980 conservatism—its authoritarianism; denigration of reason and education; obsession with power at all costs; Manichean, black and white thinking; apocalyptic, religious fundamentalist mentality; paranoia and sense of being besieged even when in power; and gangsterish deceit, bad faith, and lack of principle, whether practiced by a transparent swindler like Trump or a supposed intellectual like Newt Gingrich—must lead to nihilism and mindless destruction.

"But Trump did not fall from the sky upon an innocent American people. Public suspicion and cynicism toward government, other groups in society, and democracy itself, have been steadily growing since the 1960s. While this would have happened in any case (and a little cynicism about what any government is up to can be healthy), the intensity of the suspicion and cynicism has been stoked at every turn by conservative propagandists, to the point where these feelings have congealed into paranoia and nihilism.

"In 2006, in the middle of George W. Bush’s second term, psychologist Robert Altemeyer wrote 'The Authoritarians' as a layman’s guide to the trends he saw. His description of religious fundamentalists, the core of the Republican base, is even more relevant in light of Trump and Roy Moore:

'They are highly submissive to established authority, aggressive in the name of that authority and conventional to the point of insisting everyone should behave as their authorities decide. They are fearful and self-righteous and have a lot of hostility in them that they readily direct toward various out-groups. They are easily incited, easily led, rather un-inclined to think for themselves, largely impervious to facts and reason and rely instead on social support to maintain their beliefs. They bring strong loyalty to their in-groups, have thick-walled, highly compartmentalized minds, use a lot of double standards in their judgments, are surprisingly unprincipled at times and are often hypocrites.'

[This is the most accurate description of HROT conservatives I have ever read]

"As one voter told a pollster, he voted with his middle finger. A more succinct expression of nihilism is hard to find."

Reactions: Rudolph
For what? Doing what is right and needed for this country? You are accusing the wrong side.
I don't take sides. He is pure scum(I am being nice) and his followers must be even worse as they defend every illegal action, every illicit remark, and condemn any and everyone who points out his incompetency, his narcissism, his misogyny, his lying, his illegal activities, his overt laziness, his racist tendencies and comments, and his outright stupidity.

Last edited:
He's that bully on the playground that's been held back multiple years and still in 1st grade. He's popular with his ignorant followers because they love it when he picks on other people and calls them names.

Reactions: BrianNole09
For what? Doing what is right and needed for this country? You are accusing the wrong side.
1) Alienating our allies and empowering dictators around the world. Abdicating our leadership position in the world. We’ve lost all soft power and Putin must be shitting himself with the success his investment has brought.
2) Bringing his business acumen (money laundering and bankruptcy) to the White House.
3) Taking money from the poor and future generations for himself and his cronies. Putting the wall in front of the suffering people of PR.
4) His total lack of understanding and care for the the environment.

1) Alienating our allies and empowering dictators around the world. Abdicating our leadership position in the world. We’ve lost all soft power and Putin must be shitting himself with the success his investment has brought.
2) Bringing his business acumen (money laundering and bankruptcy) to the White House.
3) Taking money from the poor and future generations for himself and his cronies. Putting the wall in front of the suffering people of PR.

You just described #44 BHO.

I don't take sides. He is pure scum(I am being nice) and his followers must be even worse as they defend every illegal action, every illicit remark, and condemn any and everyone who points out his incompetency, his narcissism, his misogyny, his lying, his illegal activities, his overt laziness, his racist tendencies and comments, and his outright stupidity.

Where is the proof my friend? Quit watching the MSM. The real shit that the left has been projecting to Trump is bubbling to the surface and all of you sheep are going to feel really really stupid for buying the left, deep states B.S.

Where is the proof my friend? Quit watching the MSM. The real shit that the left has been projecting to Trump is bubbling to the surface and all of you sheep are going to feel really really stupid for buying the left, deep states B.S.

I don’t watch MSM. It’s all terrible. But if you only listen to what Trump says, and read what he tweets, I don’t know how you could come away with the opinion that he’s anything but what he’s accused of in this thread. He’s a real life grown up Eric Cartman. He’s a bully and an idiot and underneath it all a coward.

I don’t watch MSM. It’s all terrible. But if you only listen to what Trump says, and read what he tweets, I don’t know how you could come away with the opinion that he’s anything but what he’s accused of in this thread. He’s a real life grown up Eric Cartman. He’s a bully and an idiot and underneath it all a coward.

Let me ask you this. Where are you listening too and what sources are you reading all this about Trump? It is very biased. Trump I agree is very rough around the edges but he is already has 3 strikes against him from a biased media. Period. Slanted news is biased news.

Let me ask you this. Where are you listening too and what sources are you reading all this about Trump? It is very biased. Trump I agree is very rough around the edges but he is already has 3 strikes against him from a biased media. Period. Slanted news is biased news.

Anywhere. Everywhere. He’s the most reported topic on any news channel. His tweets stand on their own though. He’s a buffoon and a bully. He’s everything you should hate in a person, yet he defeated Hillary so you’ll continue to suck his teat.

Show me the proof of the deep state. Actually if you do your research, it is quite likely the deep state that got trump elected. Rich oligarchs all over the world, and led by putin. So since you hate freedom and democracy, I must assume you are a fascist.

Last edited:
I listen to his words and his tweets.

They sound like a fifth grader.

Are his own words fake news too? Stop making excuses for him. He is a buffoon and an idiot.

Anywhere. Everywhere. He’s the most reported topic on any news channel. His tweets stand on their own though. He’s a buffoon and a bully. He’s everything you should hate in a person, yet he defeated Hillary so you’ll continue to suck his teat.

I suck no teats or anything for that matter. I do see a very negative slant that started before the election and continued after when the left for sure new he would never get elected. He is the same guy, pretty much from years before. You have a negative media who is determined to make him look as foolish, borish and crude as possible. My advise is to turn that shit off. Es
Show me the proof of the deep state. Actually if you do your research, it is quite likely the deep state that got trump elected. Rich oligarchs all over the world, and led by putin. So since hate freedom and democracy, I must assume you are a fascist.

You are describing how a total unknown with no experience to speak of in BHO. Just the opposite for Trump. The people voted for Trump. The Deep state and the left are flustered that the he upset their apple cart and globalist agenda and they are out to discredit every which way and how.

I listen to his words and his tweets.

They sound like a fifth grader.

Are his own words fake news too? Stop making excuses for him. He is a buffoon and an idiot.

No but I also think there are words put in his mouth by a hateful media that is constantly trying to paint a negative on Trump. That is why all you read and listen too in your world is a negative slant. The guy isn't as bad as the MSM is making him. No the guy is crude, brash and says what is on his mind. Not a politician. Just someone trying to clean the shit up in Washington.

No but I also think there are words put in his mouth by a hateful media that is constantly trying to paint a negative on Trump
I read his tweets. How the hell is the media putting words in his tweets?

I listen to his exact words (he doesn't give press conferences very often so this is harder) and what he says. Is the media making him talk like a fifth grader?

At some point Trump needs to be held accountable for his words, tweets, and actions. I realize the media sensationalizes headlines. However, they don't control what Trump tweets and says.

When one acts like a child, they will be treated as a child. Are you comprehending?

I suck no teats or anything for that matter. I do see a very negative slant that started before the election and continued after when the left for sure new he would never get elected. He is the same guy, pretty much from years before. You have a negative media who is determined to make him look as foolish, borish and crude as possible. My advise is to turn that shit off. Es

You are describing how a total unknown with no experience to speak of in BHO. Just the opposite for Trump. The people voted for Trump. The Deep state and the left are flustered that the he upset their apple cart and globalist agenda and they are out to discredit every which way and how.
Globalist agenda. You have really gotten sucked in haven't you. You really need to get out from in front of faux news and the other crap you watch and listen to. By the way, what did you say when you wrote the sentence which I put in bold. It makes no sense, but then it is one of your posts.

Again, I'm not watching any MSM, so I can't turn it off. But my point is that it's not the media that makes Trump look foolish, boorish, and crude; he does it all by himself. And I've thought this for far longer than his run for political office. I thought The Apprentice was unwatchable, but I'm apparently one of the few that doesn't like watching crap like that. Why the masses wanted to watch stupid, damaged, horrible people stab each other in the back for the chance to work for a piece of trash like Donald Trump was beyond me. It's one step above Ow My Balls!

I read his tweets. How the hell is the media putting words in his tweets?

I listen to his exact words (he doesn't give press conferences very often so this is harder) and what he says. Is the media making him talk like a fifth grader?

At some point Trump needs to be held accountable for his words, tweets, and actions. I realize the media sensationalizes headlines. However, they don't control what Trump tweets and says.

When one acts like a child, they will be treated as a child. Are you comprehending?

Totally and Trump is playing the left like a fiddle. You are being sucked in by the B.S. and reacting to it. Comprehend?

Globalist agenda. You have really gotten sucked in haven't you. You really need to get out from in front of faux news and the other crap you watch and listen to. By the way, what did you say when you wrote the sentence which I put in bold. It makes no sense, but then it is one of your posts.

Sorry. I was stating that someone like BHO who came out of nowhere, no experience, lots of mystery and suddenly the greatest, smartest person on the face of the earth and he happened to be partially black to become President. I am still shaking my head on that one. The left not comprehending what is going on and not being able to cope with Trump must really weigh you down?

Again, I'm not watching any MSM, so I can't turn it off. But my point is that it's not the media that makes Trump look foolish, boorish, and crude; he does it all by himself. And I've thought this for far longer than his run for political office. I thought The Apprentice was unwatchable, but I'm apparently one of the few that doesn't like watching crap like that. Why the masses wanted to watch stupid, damaged, horrible people stab each other in the back for the chance to work for a piece of trash like Donald Trump was beyond me. It's one step above Ow My Balls!

Partly true. I never watched the apprentice and I am not keen on scripted reality shows. Calling him trash is judging like you personally know him. We only know what the media wants us to see and hear. Trump at times doesn't help his cause. No matter how much people want to hate him, the guy is successful. Not by being dumb, lazy, I don't know how dishonest he is. How dishonest was BHO? Everyone has questions, but the media have all pretty much decided to show and report the worst of Trump and a smidgen of good. That is really unfair and not giving him a chance. I am trying to give him a chance and see what he can do.

Totally and Trump is playing the left like a fiddle. You are being sucked in by the B.S. and reacting to it. Comprehend?
lol.

Trump's job isn't to troll the left. No other President has trolled the other side like this. Not cool.

The B.S. is being put out by Trump himself. I'm reacting to the childish immature behavior by a 71 year old who is supposed to be President.

I don't put up with childish immaturity. Stop acting like a child and start acting like an adult. Comprehend?

Sorry. I was stating that someone like BHO who came out of nowhere, no experience, lots of mystery and suddenly the greatest, smartest person on the face of the earth and he happened to be partially black to become President. I am still shaking my head on that one. The left not comprehending what is going on and not being able to cope with Trump must really weigh you down?
LOL.

I know, it's tough to gauge. I think that he's a toddler emotionally and a first-grader intellectually.

Case in point: "I'm the least racist person you'll ever interview."

Outside of children on elementary school playgrounds, no one says things like this. But this is standard for him. "I am the best [insert whatever you'd like] ever," or "No one can [insert whatever you'd like] as well as I can." How do Trump supporters justify their support for a petulant child? Is it some Biblical thing: "And a snot-nosed brat shall lead them"?

No, I think this article sums it up best:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/01/03/will-conservatism-end-in-nihilism/#.WlOe0r05cEA.facebook

Now, I know people here don't like to read more than three sentences at a time so by those standards this article is ten times longer than "War and Peace" (that's a very long book published long ago for those of you who are against education--in the Enlightenment sense of the word. Sorry, you don't know what the Enlightnment is, do you? Damn. It's tough to explain anything to people who have so few points of reference available to them.).

I shall compromise and quote a few noteworthy paragraphs that can help us all understand why Trump's followers continue supporting him:

"Conservatives manage to see themselves as appointed by divine will to be the ones on top, but they simultaneously view it as a burden of natural leadership which they carry out with same noblesse with which Maistre’s hangman went about his God-appointed task. This attitude also explains the need for a despised underclass on a permanent basis; otherwise working-class Republicans would have no one to look down upon, and might cast envious eyes upward."

"Donald Trump did not hijack American conservatism; in him it reached its logical culmination. The defining characteristics of post-1980 conservatism—its authoritarianism; denigration of reason and education; obsession with power at all costs; Manichean, black and white thinking; apocalyptic, religious fundamentalist mentality; paranoia and sense of being besieged even when in power; and gangsterish deceit, bad faith, and lack of principle, whether practiced by a transparent swindler like Trump or a supposed intellectual like Newt Gingrich—must lead to nihilism and mindless destruction.

"But Trump did not fall from the sky upon an innocent American people. Public suspicion and cynicism toward government, other groups in society, and democracy itself, have been steadily growing since the 1960s. While this would have happened in any case (and a little cynicism about what any government is up to can be healthy), the intensity of the suspicion and cynicism has been stoked at every turn by conservative propagandists, to the point where these feelings have congealed into paranoia and nihilism.

"In 2006, in the middle of George W. Bush’s second term, psychologist Robert Altemeyer wrote 'The Authoritarians' as a layman’s guide to the trends he saw. His description of religious fundamentalists, the core of the Republican base, is even more relevant in light of Trump and Roy Moore:

'They are highly submissive to established authority, aggressive in the name of that authority and conventional to the point of insisting everyone should behave as their authorities decide. They are fearful and self-righteous and have a lot of hostility in them that they readily direct toward various out-groups. They are easily incited, easily led, rather un-inclined to think for themselves, largely impervious to facts and reason and rely instead on social support to maintain their beliefs. They bring strong loyalty to their in-groups, have thick-walled, highly compartmentalized minds, use a lot of double standards in their judgments, are surprisingly unprincipled at times and are often hypocrites.'

[This is the most accurate description of HROT conservatives I have ever read]

"As one voter told a pollster, he voted with his middle finger. A more succinct expression of nihilism is hard to find."
Either way, a toddler or a first grader is all that's needed to defeat a Democrat in an election. Huh. Sounds about right.

Partly true. I never watched the apprentice and I am not keen on scripted reality shows. Calling him trash is judging like you personally know him. We only know what the media wants us to see and hear. Trump at times doesn't help his cause. No matter how much people want to hate him, the guy is successful. Not by being dumb, lazy, I don't know how dishonest he is. How dishonest was BHO? Everyone has questions, but the media have all pretty much decided to show and report the worst of Trump and a smidgen of good. That is really unfair and not giving him a chance. I am trying to give him a chance and see what he can do.

I’m. Not. Talking. About. How. He’s. Portrayed. In. The. Media.

Jesus Christ, dude. How can you not get what I’m saying? I’m saying Trump is a terrible person because of the actual things that he’s said and done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT