ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Meet

If he was 100%, would he still be wearing that large of a knee brace, just for protective measures? Just a thought.
Spencer wore the knee brace his freshman season for protective measures. What % would you say he was? Spencer is back.

I may be mis-remembering, but didn't Spencer wear the brace at the beginning of the year last year, too?

Oh boy here we go. I know some on here have wrestled at a high level and get it. Sometimes preventative sometimes corrective. SL is fine. For those on the “ducking” crap go back to CF or the PSU site. Especially CF where they know zero about wrestling. Wrestling is the hardest coaching sport IMO. All wrestlers’ goals are individual but they are part of a team. And the pinnacle is Gold. And Brands gets that. You train through the season. You schedule accordingly especially if you are training through a college season for even bigger goals than March in Minny. I get message boards are for unfounded rumors and throwing crap on the wall. SL is going hard each day but will have a limited college schedule due to the higher individual goals. I laugh at the ducking crap. Shows how little some people know about the sport itself and the individual dynamics. OK off the soapbox.

I used to worry a lot about knee braces (back in 17-18 when 4 of our wrestlers had them), but after all the wrestlers with knee braces scored a bunch of points at nationals that year, I don't worry much anymore. (Lee 27, Stoll 17, Kemerer 16.5 & Marinelli 13)

Reactions: TarpHawk
I used to worry a lot about knee braces (back in 17-18 when 4 of our wrestlers had them), but after all the wrestlers with knee braces scored a bunch of points at nationals that year, I don't worry much anymore. (Lee 27, Stoll 17, Kemerer 16.5 & Marinelli 13)
Maybe they all need to wear braces if we are going to be scoring like that at NCAA's

Reactions: TarpHawk
Been a while since my last trip to Hilton. Will there be plenty of GA tickets available? Don’t see individual match tickets available thru the cyclones website.

Been a while since my last trip to Hilton. Will there be plenty of GA tickets available? Don’t see individual match tickets available thru the cyclones website.
You will be able to walk up & buy tickets at Hilton. $25 I think

Reactions: 2000hawk
Is the match going to sellout or will isu have up the curtain of shrink the hilton?

Is the match going to sellout or will isu have up the curtain of shrink the hilton?

Word fromarea HS coaches I know they are taking team. Practice starts this Monday and great segway to season. I expect house to b pretty full for a 2 PM Sunday meet

Crab - man feel a little bad for you. Went to see if any updates on Alex F and saw you are being called out as a Hawk homer on CF. Also saw that idiot Twins guy with 60k posts on Iowa said Brands is “infamous” for ducking. I said above never fails on CF. A guy or guys who have never seen a mat post crap like that. Hell Crab you have forgotten more about wrestling than the people on CF combined know.

Chief and WWDM - will email later or text later on a pheasant hunt deal for Dec 9 with the coaches in Mahaska County at a client’s farm. BTW you guys know me under a different user name. Anyway, not sure if you guys are interested but I think me and Caleb Rathjen’s Dad, Kirk if his schedule allows, plan to head down from DM and meet the coaches and hunt some private ground that day. My client also has a fishing pond/lake that has bass, walleyes and northerns if you prefer that. Working out the details but Tom said 12/9 works for them. Sorry to clog the board but on the road.

Reactions: el dub and hawks150
Crab - man feel a little bad for you. Went to see if any updates on Alex F and saw you are being called out as a Hawk homer on CF. Also saw that idiot Twins guy with 60k posts on Iowa said Brands is “infamous” for ducking. I said above never fails on CF. A guy or guys who have never seen a mat post crap like that. Hell Crab you have forgotten more about wrestling than the people on CF combined know.

CyTwins is an obvious troll but in his defense we have alleged Iowa fans who agree with him on that subject.

The thought that someone thinks crab is a Hawk homer is pretty funny, though.

CyTwins is an obvious troll but in his defense we have alleged Iowa fans who agree with him on that subject.

The thought that someone thinks crab is a Hawk homer is pretty funny, though.
It’s hilarious anytime someone would rather try to just label you as x or y rather than just engage with your ideas. Like you’ve done to me multiple times.

Like, it breaks people’s brains to think about the fact that someone could like both Iowa and ISU.

Crabby - don’t know your deal with Spooner. I like your thoughts. Sometimes we get so jaded in “fandom” anytime someone disagrees they are a “troll.” We have a small some say a “niche” sport and the people that get it have a lot to offer. I have often disagreed with Tarp but he knows his stuff. Called opinions. I just hate flat out lying trolls and unfortunately for you that is a high percentage on CF in all sports. Especially in wrestling we have a smaller fraternity regardless of the team of our choice. Just drives me nuts when people who know zero have a “source” for example that SL was healthy all year and simply a deal of Tom and Iowa being “infamous” for ducking. Shit like that just hurts the sport. Off the soapbox again.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
CyTwins (user handle I'm guessing) thread where he bashes Brands and Iowa? I would like to see what this clown is spewing but I am not familiar with CF.

The hope is that by Sunday evening we'll have a separate "ISU vs Iowa" thread going?

WTH... I'll start now... 3 ISU slight favorites, 1 tossup, 6 Iowa heavy favorites.

Knowing that one team seldom wins all the close matches, and considering it's quite likely the Hawks score bonus in those six "heavy favorites" matches... the dual looks like a 27-9 type dual to me.

Of course, that's assuming the Hawks wrestle the guys we expect.;)

Herkuleez - don’t know how to cut and paste. Go to Cyclone Fanatic and read the ISU v. Bucknell thread. I just looked. That Twins guy is on fire about Iowa ducking matches with healthy wrestlers. He is a sick human. He knows nothing about wrestling but hates Iowa to the point he lies. JFC he called Ferentz a racist based on “sources” cause people left early. They went to the frickin’ NFL. And I think Hock and Anthony Nelson were both white and left early. He is a bad human.

Crabby - really surprised as someone who knows and loves wrestling you don’t tell somebody like that to STFU as it only makes ISU look pathetic. I know on here when people spread lies they are called out. Plus, it is funny as according to Clones especially that Twins guy everything against them is our “Super Bowl” but yet we would duck matches to make it closer?! Typical lies and delusion. So we would hold out wrestlers to “duck” when according to him/them it is our most important meet? U kidding me Clark?

It’s hilarious anytime someone would rather try to just label you as x or y rather than just engage with your ideas. Like you’ve done to me multiple times.

Like, it breaks people’s brains to think about the fact that someone could like both Iowa and ISU.

Hello, my friend! Good to hear from you. I think I've engaged with you plenty over the years. It's funny that some claim I don't engage while others claim I engage too much. Why is that? For the record, I dislike every single poster on this board but you're far from the bottom of my list.

Herkuleez - don’t know how to cut and paste. Go to Cyclone Fanatic and read the ISU v. Bucknell thread. I just looked. That Twins guy is on fire about Iowa ducking matches with healthy wrestlers. He is a sick human. He knows nothing about wrestling but hates Iowa to the point he lies. JFC he called Ferentz a racist based on “sources” cause people left early. They went to the frickin’ NFL. And I think Hock and Anthony Nelson were both white and left early. He is a bad human.

Crabby - really surprised as someone who knows and loves wrestling you don’t tell somebody like that to STFU as it only makes ISU look pathetic. I know on here when people spread lies they are called out. Plus, it is funny as according to Clones especially that Twins guy everything against them is our “Super Bowl” but yet we would duck matches to make it closer?! Typical lies and delusion. So we would hold out wrestlers to “duck” when according to him/them it is our most important meet? U kidding me Clark?

Seriously, don't bother with CyTwins. He's simply trying to get a rise out of people.

Spooner - I totally agree. His game/shick is well known and 60k posts on all things anti-Iowa prove it. I just don’t like liars and don’t like ones that hurt a sport I care about. Really wish Clones that like wrestling would call him out. But I digress.

We are a small group and people that lie to hurt the sport cause they don’t like Iowa I don’t have the time of day. Hence why I don’t go down the path with PSU and paying or whatever. Brands has had a healthy wrestler duck one match against ISU. And it was to give them the middle finger. Like a QB in a blowout taking a knee when they could score. So that is “infamous” for “ducking” I guess. Tom is getting sick or banged up athletes healthy and training through the season. Something people who never laced it up don’t get. Ok last I ever say on the topic related to ISU trolls.

Seriously, don't bother with CyTwins. He's simply trying to get a rise out of people.[/QUOTE]

sounds like Iowa’s version of MitchL

And yes CyTwins is trying to get a rise out of Hawkeyes. He appears to be doing a good job!

Hello, my friend! Good to hear from you. I think I've engaged with you plenty over the years. It's funny that some claim I don't engage while others claim I engage too much. Why is that? For the record, I dislike every single poster on this board but you're far from the bottom of my list.

Seriously, don't bother with CyTwins. He's simply trying to get a rise out of people.
Have to say I feel the same about you as a poster.
24ae51a74dc129549d1c2b69b6415c1f.jpg

Buff - 3 things. First, glad you came to our board to say zero. Second, Mitch may troll but doesn’t flat lie. So getting a “rise” on your board lying about wrestlers and coaches is cool. Got it. Third, good work as a “wrestling fan” shutting up a liar. Oh shit, fourth, you know zero on wrestling based upon what I have seen you post on ISU recruits. Let Crab be the guy here and the big boys can talk wrestling. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Hang with Twins and talk about ducking.

And yes CyTwins is trying to get a rise out of Hawkeyes. He appears to be doing a good job![/QUOTE]
Thanks, I guess!:p:p:p:p And that's 2 LLs

BTW: My posts are largely factual and difficult to argue with.

And yes CyTwins is trying to get a rise out of Hawkeyes. He appears to be doing a good job!

BTW: My posts are largely factual and difficult to argue with.[/QUOTE]

Mitch, I’ve known you long enough that I thought I could still go by the 1 L

BTW: My posts are largely factual and difficult to argue with.

Mitch, I’ve known you long enough that I thought I could still go by the 1 L[/QUOTE]
We should meet on the 24th, except I can't afford to pay $25 to see that beat down. Actually, I could afford it, but I have Gkids that play Basketball every weekend between now and the end of February.

Mitch, I’ve known you long enough that I thought I could still go by the 1 L
We should meet on the 24th, except I can't afford to pay $25 to see that beat down. Actually, I could afford it, but I have Gkids that play Basketball every weekend between now and the end of February.[/QUOTE]

That would be an interesting meeting! You could come to the post meet social & I would gladly by you a beer

We should meet on the 24th, except I can't afford to pay $25 to see that beat down. Actually, I could afford it, but I have Gkids that play Basketball every weekend between now and the end of February.

That would be an interesting meeting! You could come to the post meet social & I would gladly by you a beer[/QUOTE]
I imagine there will be lots of crying at the post meet get together?

Thank God some people on CF called out that idiot troll Twins guy that hates Iowa so bad wants to hurt the sport. JFC an ISU fan said Brands doesn’t duck and asked for examples. Radio silence from the ISU troll with 60k hate posts on Iowa. Called health of wrestlers. I have witnessed trolls. But that Twins guy is psycho. Do people not get SL wasn’t healthy and they say Cash which was a middle finger to ISU? But Brands is “infamous” for ducking and an “orange.” I actually am more irritated with Crab and Buff who love wrestling but they don’t shut up a troll who knows zero but Iowa hatred.

Thank God some people on CF called out that idiot troll Twins guy that hates Iowa so bad wants to hurt the sport. JFC an ISU fan said Brands doesn’t duck and asked for examples. Radio silence from the ISU troll with 60k hate posts on Iowa. Called health of wrestlers. I have witnessed trolls. But that Twins guy is psycho. Do people not get SL wasn’t healthy and they say Cash which was a middle finger to ISU? But Brands is “infamous” for ducking and an “orange.” I actually am more irritated with Crab and Buff who love wrestling but they don’t shut up a troll who knows zero but Iowa hatred.

The probably know what a troll is and choose to ignore him. You’re inability to do the same is more than a little odd.

Reactions: 24 so far and buf87
Spooner - I totally agree. His game/shick is well known and 60k posts on all things anti-Iowa prove it. I just don’t like liars and don’t like ones that hurt a sport I care about. Really wish Clones that like wrestling would call him out. But I digress.

We are a small group and people that lie to hurt the sport cause they don’t like Iowa I don’t have the time of day. Hence why I don’t go down the path with PSU and paying or whatever. Brands has had a healthy wrestler duck one match against ISU. And it was to give them the middle finger. Like a QB in a blowout taking a knee when they could score. So that is “infamous” for “ducking” I guess. Tom is getting sick or banged up athletes healthy and training through the season. Something people who never laced it up don’t get. Ok last I ever say on the topic related to ISU trolls.
see last line of post

Nope just care about wrestling. And people lying I don’t like. But people like Buff don’t get it apparently. He monitors the ISU board and is too much of a p.ssy to call out lies. Thank God others there do. Will have fun hunting with the Brands again this year and Rathjen’s Dad and be sure to ask them on ducking. Now on to the Minny game.

Nope just care about wrestling. And people lying I don’t like. But people like Buff don’t get it apparently. He monitors the ISU board and is too much of a p.ssy to call out lies. Thank God others there do. Will have fun hunting with the Brands again this year and Rathjen’s Dad and be sure to ask them on ducking. Now on to the Minny game.

It’s an obvious troll. It harms nothing. And he’s living rent free in your head.

Reactions: AFHawk86

The ignore function is a wonderful thing. I think the guy is just very, very lonely and has nothing in his life other than Iowa athletics. Posting about Iowa is literally the only thing he does all day, 7 days a week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT