ADVERTISEMENT

ISU transfer: Laughable

Jeepers - if not a fit why was he offered and why did Peterson and Williams say he and all the others were a big loss? And then Prohm extended offers for the first time to 2 other guys (the ones they finally got) this week when they missed out on the others? And why on CF were your recent guys never mentioned until you whiffed? Dude are you a Clone fan or just an asshole that posts douche pics of his kid on other boards? Seriously. ISU went hunting and missed big time. Let it go. You got a Princeton transfer with 2 knee surgeries and also a guy that took ISU over Liberty. Awesome.

Hey now isu got a TE from the UTSA football team so there.

No herky - they really never wanted any of the guys that they offered but chose KU, UNLV, Marquette, Oregon, Xavier. Nope Prohm didn't want them but offered anyway and the whole CF board and Randy and Williams didn't want them hence they were subjects in the Register and on moron Williams' radio show. All they talked about was how they totally whiffed. But they got a guy with 2 knee surgeries from Princeton who has one year left and another that chose ISU over Liberty. Ouch.

Are you saying Iowa ran dale Jones off after letting him play 2 years injured, and getting a degree? Iowa didn't even know they would have the option of a medical redshirt when they were out offering schollies to this class.

I honestly don't care because that's the way college basketball is today (yes ISU does it; you don't go to 6 straight NCAAs playing "mister nice guy"), but I'm annoyed you think your coach is "above" that. I'm sure you've read the Dale Jones thread on here. He thought he'd be back next year. if there was ever a case for an additional year, it was him. If you're truly loyal, you leave that scholly open because even Fran doesn't go 13 deep. Don't play dumb.

Flynn - 1300 plus posts and 11 likes especially with all the Clones here explains a lot. I am happy for ISU with the 6 straight tourneys and challenging the Final 4. Oops sorry, should have stopped with just getting to the tourney and getting bounced. Go back to CF an circle jerk there.

So let me get this straight. After ISU whiffed on all their main targets, they now bring in a guy with a double knee surgery from Princeton. And CyTwins (Brandon Gran....) is now parading this as a banner day?! Something seriously wrong with CF and their delusional fans.
Well.......a few years ago Minny had a grad. transfer from Harvard, and he did score some points.

I honestly don't care because that's the way college basketball is today (yes ISU does it; you don't go to 6 straight NCAAs playing "mister nice guy"), but I'm annoyed you think your coach is "above" that. I'm sure you've read the Dale Jones thread on here. He thought he'd be back next year. if there was ever a case for an additional year, it was him. If you're truly loyal, you leave that scholly open because even Fran doesn't go 13 deep. Don't play dumb.

Iowa doesn't go 13 deep. Iowa had 10 players that averaged 10 mins a game and isu had 9. Iowa had 6 players start 12 or more games the same amount as isu.

This Iowa plays so many more players than isu is just a figment of clown fan delusion. Check the stats.

Yes he is. I don't care what he does on CF or how he trolls. But tweeting Hawk recruits is inexcusable. In my opinion. All I know about him is the ISU donors are beyond embarrassed by him. He has 23k posts and my ISU buddy said almost 21k of the posts involve Iowa. And he tweeted Eno saying Iowa was in the wrong and all recruits should think about how Iowa recruits players and he tweeted that to all Iowa recruits. And he said he is a lifelong Hawk fan and donor. That is the problem I have with this guy.

Link to the tweet at Eno? Sorry but if this is such common knowledge it shouldn't be hard to track it down.

Regardless, this transfer season was a pretty big whiff by prohm and the staff, but I can't see any problem with taking Brase or Beverly. They are one year guys so anything you get out of them is gravy. They need senior leadership and guys who want to be here.

Link to the tweet at Eno? Sorry but if this is such common knowledge it shouldn't be hard to track it down.

Regardless, this transfer season was a pretty big whiff by prohm and the staff, but I can't see any problem with taking Brase or Beverly. They are one year guys so anything you get out of them is gravy. They need senior leadership and guys who want to be here.
I fail to see the down side of taking a grad transfer when a spot is open. If he doesn't play, so what? It would be better if all seven spots were filled with 5-star preps, but I can't see how it would be better to leave the spot open.

Reactions: David1979
I fail to see the down side of taking a grad transfer when a spot is open. If he doesn't play, so what? It would be better if all seven spots were filled with 5-star preps, but I can't see how it would be better to leave the spot open.
FYI, I don't fault ISU for trying for all these guys as well. It's part of the game now. Nobody knows how good they will be either.

Again, I think you are failing miserably in understanding the situation here. I don't think Fran is above that, frankly I wish he would have been a little more proactive this year with it. However, with Dale Jones, the situation is different and I think you are too dumb to understand it. The assumption was he would graduate at the end of this year, coming into the season. Iowa was offering schollies to much higher ranked recruits coming in, with that in mind. On top of that, he once again reinjured his knee and couldn't play. However, Iowa held onto him and let him get his degree. That is different. I can't imagine the guy being able to do much with his bionic knee at UND, but we will see.

You may not have a clue, but I will enlighten you. Transfers are brought in on a visit but must get a thumbs up by multiple folks on their visit. Morrow is not a shooter and did not fare well when scrimmaging with current players. I get the fact that you think you know better than folks connected with the program, but I will take their direction.
Wait, now ISU didnt want morrow anyway? JFC

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Wait, now ISU didnt want morrow anyway? JFC

To be technical isu didn't really want any of these players:
Elijah Brown
Ever Koulechev
Mark Alstork
Markel Crawford
Daryle Edwards
Garrison Brooks
Ed Morrow

Clown fan gonna cry says so.

Yes he is. I don't care what he does on CF or how he trolls. But tweeting Hawk recruits is inexcusable. In my opinion. All I know about him is the ISU donors are beyond embarrassed by him. He has 23k posts and my ISU buddy said almost 21k of the posts involve Iowa. And he tweeted Eno saying Iowa was in the wrong and all recruits should think about how Iowa recruits players and he tweeted that to all Iowa recruits. And he said he is a lifelong Hawk fan and donor. That is the problem I have with this guy.

Are you ok???

What is his twitter handle?

Again, I think you are failing miserably in understanding the situation here. I don't think Fran is above that, frankly I wish he would have been a little more proactive this year with it. However, with Dale Jones, the situation is different and I think you are too dumb to understand it. The assumption was he would graduate at the end of this year, coming into the season. Iowa was offering schollies to much higher ranked recruits coming in, with that in mind. On top of that, he once again reinjured his knee and couldn't play. However, Iowa held onto him and let him get his degree. That is different. I can't imagine the guy being able to do much with his bionic knee at UND, but we will see.

So you wish Iowa would do it more, but you're critical that ISU did it with Ernst? Interesting...

So you wish Iowa would do it more, but you're critical that ISU did it with Ernst? Interesting...
I wasn't critical they did it with Ernst, you must have me confused with someone else. I strictly pointed out that the Ernst and Jones situations vary in many aspects, you shouldn't try to compare them.

Link: https://cyclonefanatic.com/2017/05/hans-brase-officially-signs-with-iowa-state/

Some background on the Princeton transfer; the beginning of article from CF:

AMES, Iowa – The Iowa State men’s basketball team has landed Princeton graduate transfer Hans Brase (pronounced BRACE), head coach Steve Prohm announced today. Brase will be immediately eligible upon earning his degree from Princeton.

“I am really excited to add Hans to our program and to the Cyclone family,” Prohm said. “He comes from a program I have great respect for and he’ll add experience, maturity and high skill level to our team. His ability to think the game, to play the way we want to play and to space the floor will make him a valuable addition.”

Brase, a versatile 6-9 forward from Clover, South Carolina, has played just five games since the end of the 2014-15 season after suffering a pair of knee injuries. Prior to suffering the injury last season, Brase averaged 6.4 points and shot 50 percent from both the field and behind the arc.

I wasn't critical they did it with Ernst, you must have me confused with someone else. I strictly pointed out that the Ernst and Jones situations vary in many aspects, you shouldn't try to compare them.

Yup, you're correct. Hooper was making cracks about Ernst. My mistake.

I agree. Isu has open schollies why not take a chance nothing to lose with this guy from Princeton especially since they lack experience in the front court. I think criticism is coming from a clone poster saying they wanted this guy and didn't want morrow and claiming prohm never offered him after missing out on some other guys before him too. I just highly doubt that.

So let me get this straight. After ISU whiffed on all their main targets, they now bring in a guy with a double knee surgery from Princeton. And CyTwins (Brandon Gran....) is now parading this as a banner day?! Something seriously wrong with CF and their delusional fans.
You seem to know everything about him. Find him and let him know how you feel about it. Don't clutter this board weekly complaining about him. Be a man and take care of him. Post pics as proof.

Reactions: David1979
You seem to know everything about him. Find him and let him know how you feel about it. Don't clutter this board weekly complaining about him. Be a man and take care of him. Post pics as proof.
He's got the wrong guy and has yet to even provide evidence of the guy he thinks it is, let alone the correct guy. Unless he has multiple twitter handles which is always possible.

Who cares? I mean what would you want Fran to do if we had 3 open schollies in spring? There aren't any HS players left so might as well take some grads that won't be there long. This thread is weird.

Cy - I only know what your gridiron club tells me. I don't give a shit about him except I would likewise be pissed if we tweeted ISU recruits (although may break the internet with their 400 offers) with BS while pretending to be a Clone. Sorry don't know him but based upon what I was told and his 100 plus posts a day I am sure he has multiple handles. Whatever.

There's a lot of really stupid people out there, this guy sounds like one. If you're so desperate that you need to tweet recruits, then your life is really sad.

Yikes, sounds like Kasongo is leaving ISU now as well.
Don't think he was going to play much over Lard and Young. Regardless, that's a lot of bodies to replace for next year.

Seems like the Clones really want Michael Jacobsen. They've seemed to pull a 180 on hating Iowa white guys.

Don't think he was going to play much over Lard and Young. Regardless, that's a lot of bodies to replace for next year.

Seems like the Clones really want Michael Jacobsen. They've seemed to pull a 180 on hating Iowa white guys.
Kasongo was quite bad, from nearly all accounts. He was a miss. If ISU wants Jacobson they will have him. I think they do but I wouldn't call it "really want". He's a role player from what I can tell but he's better than Kasongo.

Reactions: KeyWest Tim
This is right. Dale came to Iowa with a bad knee. (ACL surgery botched) Iowa could have cut him loose right there but Iowa does not do that. Instead they paid for a 2nd knee surgery and next season Dale breaks his wrist. He has been on full ride scholarship for two seasons and got his degree and his medical problems taken care of. Many other programs would not have been this generous I assure you.

Link: https://cyclonefanatic.com/2017/05/hans-brase-officially-signs-with-iowa-state/

Some background on the Princeton transfer; the beginning of article from CF:

AMES, Iowa – The Iowa State men’s basketball team has landed Princeton graduate transfer Hans Brase (pronounced BRACE), head coach Steve Prohm announced today. Brase will be immediately eligible upon earning his degree from Princeton.

“I am really excited to add Hans to our program and to the Cyclone family,” Prohm said. “He comes from a program I have great respect for and he’ll add experience, maturity and high skill level to our team. His ability to think the game, to play the way we want to play and to space the floor will make him a valuable addition.”

Brase, a versatile 6-9 forward from Clover, South Carolina, has played just five games since the end of the 2014-15 season after suffering a pair of knee injuries. Prior to suffering the injury last season, Brase averaged 6.4 points and shot 50 percent from both the field and behind the arc.
Versatile, with a pair of knee injuries. That to me spells not versatile.

Cy - I only know what your gridiron club tells me. I don't give a shit about him except I would likewise be pissed if we tweeted ISU recruits (although may break the internet with their 400 offers) with BS while pretending to be a Clone. Sorry don't know him but based upon what I was told and his 100 plus posts a day I am sure he has multiple handles. Whatever.
Break the internet with 400 offers? Okay

I hope Jacobsen ends up somewhere better, I would hate to see an Iowa white guy lower himself to play for that ridiculous ignorant pile of shit they call a fan base just because Iowa is full.

Whatever droppings. My point was to the offers ISU has put out. See it is your first post which means you are a Clone. Move on.

Kasongo was quite bad, from nearly all accounts. He was a miss. If ISU wants Jacobson they will have him. I think they do but I wouldn't call it "really want". He's a role player from what I can tell but he's better than Kasongo.

This here sums up the huge difference people forget now with isu and transfers. Hoiberg was bringing in some very good to elite transfer players like White, Kane, McKay, Burton etc. Prohm so far has had Bowie who was average at best and Holden another 5th yr guy who didn't do much. Now kasango gone before he played who clone fans are saying was gaarbage (which you assume any fan base make claim after guy decides to leave). Babb was a decent guy off bench last year but it's clear Freddy and his NBA connections/past really helped bringing in top tier transfer guys.

Reactions: HerkyFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT