ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: JRent

Because you used your usual logic and took a 2x dnp over an All-American?

Well if my logic is off Jammenz, than you should be happy to bet $100 with me. But yea...I'll take Lugo over the guy that went 18-13 to include zero wins at both B1G and at NCAAs last year. Maybe Tom will rest Lugo for that one and let Happel take care of his light work.

Really think were going to be pleased with Lugo next year. I think he will be a Marinelli type with strength, heavy hands and always going forward. I cant wait to see his progress from being in the Hawk wrestling room.

Really think were going to be pleased with Lugo next year. I think he will be a Marinelli type with strength, heavy hands and always going forward. I cant wait to see his progress from being in the Hawk wrestling room.
I see a little bit of the Gorilla Hulk in Lugo, actually. He could rise high on that podium next season.

149 is soooo wide open next year (just like jammenz logic). This is one of the weights that will be the most interesting to see how it pans out.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule

Lugo is pretty slick and has good offense and counter offense...tough to score on.

Here is Berge vs Lugo in last year's mini tournament finals:

Ok Chief, how about a $50 WFL vs Boys and Girls Clubs of Western PA? I'll bet you that Berge will finish higher than Lugo at NCAAs. (And I like Lugo in the top 4...)
I wouldn't take that bet over a head to head. We all know Berge will get the better draw, and if there is some whistle swallowing it will be in PSU's favor.

I would like to say I'm kidding, but I am not.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
I wouldn't take that bet over a head to head. We all know Berge will get the better draw, and if there is some whistle swallowing it will be in PSU's favor.

I would like to say I'm kidding, but I am not.
Yes. It has been clear as a bell that Penn State's run of dominance has been directly related to better draws (maybe due to better seeds) and referees swallowing their whistles and throwing matches Penn State's way. Yep. Yesiree. You are in to something.

Shouldn't you change your posting name from 23 and counting to 23 rationalizations to explain it.

Yes. It has been clear as a bell that Penn State's run of dominance has been directly related to better draws (maybe due to better seeds) and referees swallowing their whistles and throwing matches Penn State's way. Yep. Yesiree. You are in to something.

Shouldn't you change your posting name from 23 and counting to 23 rationalizations to explain it.
Yikes - worst post on a thread that is about a transfer that is never going to the P

Change your postings to BWI.

Reactions: Dagboi
Do we really need another Illinois guy? ;)
Iowa just does not make sense to me. Why risk the loss of another year when you can transfer out of conference and have 3 yrs plus the RS. Maybe there is something there that will sway the B10 committee to grant a waiver but it has gone both ways in recent years. The same thing with Skatzka. Is a retiring coach now valid waiver criteria?

Iowa just does not make sense to me. Why risk the loss of another year when you can transfer out of conference and have 3 yrs plus the RS. Maybe there is something there that will sway the B10 committee to grant a waiver but it has gone both ways in recent years. The same thing with Skatzka. Is a retiring coach now valid waiver criteria?

Nothing wrong with trying plus the B1G has loosened up quite a bit on this. I bet he gets it ;) but what the hell do I know. At least this way he has B1G options close to home.

Who is risking anything by asking the B10 for a release?

Who is risking anything by asking the B10 for a release?
It depends. Micic’s waiver was not approved until mid-November after he transferred. There is no gaurentee of any timing from the B10. If J-Rent transfers and the waiver is denied, he loses a year. If he goes outside the conference, no issues and he still has 3 years to compete.

that's my ? chief, what do you know. seems like you are hinting like there might be something to this.

The worse B1G can say is no and based on their recent history...Micic, Suriano etc they say yes. Just going that route. Also, I seemed to hear that the B1G is going this route anyways here in the future. If so, why hold a kid up now when they are not going to need waivers in a year or two.

Reactions: wasdt21 and el dub
It depends. Micic’s waiver was not approved until mid-November after he transferred. There is no gaurentee of any timing from the B10. If J-Rent transfers and the waiver is denied, he loses a year. If he goes outside the conference, no issues and he still has 3 years to compete.
If he comes, he'll know the odds, so either you're willing or you're not. That will be up to him, and his parents, and Iowa's Coaching Staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT