ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Nunge?

IllQChawk

HR Heisman
May 29, 2001
What's the chances that Jack is back by Thursday's game or at least by this weekend so he can get ready for the North Carolina game?

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
What's the chances that Jack is back by Thursday's game or at least by this weekend so he can get ready for the North Carolina game?
Don't know. As nice as it would be for him to return there are of course more important things in life. Besides , if he's not ready to rejoin the team and immerse himself into his role, it would be better if he waited.

Not needed for the next game but probably needs the conditioning and reps.
I've always said if I had a child in sports, I'd want him to go and play asap. We would have had 22 years together and he can't do anything for me now. Maybe his mom needs him support at this time...

Not needed for the next game but probably needs the conditioning and reps.
I've always said if I had a child in sports, I'd want him to go and play asap. We would have had 22 years together and he can't do anything for me now. Maybe his mom needs him support at this time...

What’s good for you and your hypothetical all-star athlete of a son might not be what’s best for Jack.

I would be surprised if Jack didn't rejoin the team for practice yesterday and was available to play Thursday.

What’s good for you and your hypothetical all-star athlete of a son might not be what’s best for Jack.
Iowa has played a lot of games without Jack Nunge since he's hit campus, a few more isn't going to matter much one way or the other. (Edit: Not a slight towards the young man, just the truth. Hope he does great things from here on out)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I, like I imagine Fran has done, would encourage him to come back to basketball only when he's good and ready, and not before. Nunge has had nothing but bad luck since he arrived in Iowa City. I hope that when he does return to the court that he'll enjoy a highly successful career. But it'll never be the same without his dad.

I was in my thirties when I lost both parents to cancer. It was difficult at the time but life goes on. I think it would have been way more difficult to experience if I had been 18 or 19. Best of luck to Jack. I hope he has a great support team around him, and I just don’t mean the players.

I was in my thirties when I lost both parents to cancer. It was difficult at the time but life goes on. I think it would have been way more difficult to experience if I had been 18 or 19. Best of luck to Jack. I hope he has a great support team around him, and I just don’t mean the players.

My Dad passed when I was in late 30's; Very tough to deal with, however,
I am confident, because he was Christian & a Hawkeye fan, he watches every game still.
And has a great seat !!

#goHawks

Jack’s time at Iowa has unfortunate similarities to those of Jake Kelly. I hope Jack has a wonderful support system to help him get through the mental aspects of everything he’s been through.

Reactions: 2bagger22
I lost my dad in my mid 20s.......very difficult. I hope the young man is doing okay. I think that getting back in the workouts and practices, school, etc. will help provide a distraction if nothing else. I think that the physical activity will be good for his emotional well being.
Can't imagine that.

Reactions: perryhawk
I lost my dad in my mid 20s.......very difficult. I hope the young man is doing okay. I think that getting back in the workouts and practices, school, etc. will help provide a distraction if nothing else. I think that the physical activity will be good for his emotional well being.
Being around his teammates will also be good for him.

Lost my dad at 21, a few weeks before he was supposed to meet my future wife for the first time. So he never got to meet her or our kids. The sports without him is probably the biggest part. Hopefully Jack’s teammates surround him and support him regardless of basketball.

Jack’s time at Iowa has unfortunate similarities to those of Jake Kelly. I hope Jack has a wonderful support system to help him get through the mental aspects of everything he’s been through.

I was thinking along those lines too. Home is really REALLY close to Evansville campus and could see that as a possibility if there's a feeling of needing to be closer to home.

I lost my twin brother at Iowa during our sophomore year. I couldn't leave the house let alone accomplish what Jack did tonight. Had to be incredibly emotional for him. What a performance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT