ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin

James said: We had our fourth team on the field and we don’t have a fourth team field goal block or really even know how to get lined up with the mix and matched guys we had in there so we called a timeout to get the second team field goal block in there and that’s just how it played out to be honest with you.
Yeah, so he realizes this right at the snap. So full of $hit

This guy clearly has done a terrific job at PSU but is really starting to grate on me. Today he iced Georgia State's kicker with a few seconds to go and his team up 56-0. The kid made the one that didn't count and then obviously missed the one that did count. All I can say is what a complete ahole to do something like that.
He's a douche for sure, but in the right ways for a FB program. Better to win than lose as a non-douche. I hope our staff learned something about their staff last year and we can make this ugly and give ourselves a chance.

Ferentz has also never won the big ten and been passed over for a team he beat from his own division. This is what the committee asked for.
Ferentz has two conference titles at Iowa. Both ancient history, but get your shit straight. And you're welcome for being allowed to post here. The hicks who inhabit your rivals board are less welcoming.

Ferentz has two conference titles at Iowa. Both ancient history, but get your shit straight. And you're welcome for being allowed to post here. The hicks who inhabit your rivals board are less welcoming.

I'm aware of what Ferentz has done and I didn't say he'd never won a conference title. I said he'd never had a divisional rival he'd beaten head to head selected for the playoff over one of his championship teams, which to my knowledge has never occurred. Simmer down.

I'm aware of what Ferentz has done and I didn't say he'd never won a conference title. I said he'd never had a divisional rival he'd beaten head to head selected for the playoff over one of his championship teams, which to my knowledge has never occurred. Simmer down.
Are you also banned from BWI? Or are you allowed to post both there and here?

Reactions: MercerLion
a meaningless score? like a FG when you're down 56?
Last play of the game. What should they have done, take a knee or try to score a meaningless touchdown?

Franklin is a bush league a-hole, and not just for this. Of course, PSU won't care because they care more about winning football games and statues of dead coaches than anything else. They will probably beat us on Saturday. Be glad we have a coach with some class.

Also, sorry for the overreaction. Gotchu. Style points for down the road. Assuming your team is not humbled in Kinnick this coming Saturday.

Ferentz has also never won the big ten and been passed over for a team he beat from his own division. This is what the committee asked for.
lol...you've been in one championship game, same as Iowa. You've done nothing post raping little boys is acceptable as long as we win. Reap the whirl wind. Prepare to lose under the lights in Kinnick. Right always prevails over wrong.

This guy clearly has done a terrific job at PSU but is really starting to grate on me. Today he iced Georgia State's kicker with a few seconds to go and his team up 56-0. The kid made the one that didn't count and then obviously missed the one that did count. All I can say is what a complete ahole to do something like that.
Penn State had their fourth string defense on the field. They did not have their second string special teams ready for the field goal so they had to call a timeout and get their Special teams ready.
So get in your base defense and don't worry about it. His justification is worse than the underlying move itself.

Reactions: cecilB
"Welcoming" is not a word I would want associated with Penn State football coaches.

A picture of James Franklin should be Locker Room Board material.

Gets my blood boiling just thinking of that face.

GO HAWKS !!! :)

Franklin hates Hillary and is a huge conservative Trump supporter. Does this change your mind? :)

I have a few Penn State fans as friends. They all said it was a BS move and didnt make excuses.

Franklin hates Hillary and is a huge conservative Trump supporter. Does this change your mind? :)

I have a few Penn State fans as friends. They all said it was a BS move and didnt make excuses.

What are you talking about?.......this is the IOWA Football board.

If you want to talk politics, maybe go to HROT ??

Reactions: JoelBittner
My problem was Penn state got out of their sanctions way too early. Penn State coaches used the football program to abuse kids. That should have carried a much longer penalty.

Reactions: IAGuy and PCBHAWK

Are Iowa fans saying they prefer the Paterno approach?

He (they) could beat IOWA 56-0 next week and he is still a douche bag, nozzle included. Icing a kicker while up 56-0 is the definition of a douche bag, nozzle included. Next week does not change that.
If I were buying a douche bag, I'd definitely want the nozzle included, just to make me feel like I was getting a deal.

My problem was Penn state got out of their sanctions way too early. Penn State coaches used the football program to abuse kids. That should have carried a much longer penalty.

I agree, PSU never really had a down year or a drop off in recruiting after the scandal.

Franklin is getting pretty high on himself after last season. One would think by how he has carried himself this year a case couldn't have been made he was on the hot seat entering last season.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

You know damn well that if your team was facing the same situation & Ferentz called for a timeout, you will all be cheering him as a coaching genius.

Reactions: aferrelli
Last play of the game. What should they have done, take a knee or try to score a meaningless touchdown?

Franklin is a bush league a-hole, and not just for this. Of course, PSU won't care because they care more about winning football games and statues of dead coaches than anything else. They will probably beat us on Saturday. Be glad we have a coach with some class.

Stupid iowa logic. You support one team playing to the end but then cry when the other team does the same.

Look, you guys have a really good team, and your the favorite right now to win the league, and probably earn a berth in the CFP. But please stop making up shit to justify this nonsense. The committee did not pass over PSU because someone was allowed to kick a late field goal, so you only won 56-3. Using that as an example is almost as bad as his actions. They passed over PSU last year, because you lost too 2 loss Michigan in your division, and OSU only had one loss. Do I think it was the correct decision, NO I don't. But please don't insult everyone by making excuses for something so ridiculous as we didn't have our field goal block team out there in a game we were winning 56-0!

What a bunch of hypocrites.

You know damn well that if your team was facing the same situation & Ferentz called for a timeout, you will all be cheering him as a coaching genius.
First off we know KF pretty well after almost 20 years as HC, and I guarantee you he would NEVER make a douche move like that. We have seen him take a knee inside the five in countless games, when the game was decided, rather then try to score meaningless points in a game already decided, and sure as hell not in a game we were winning 56-0. And its not only what Franklin did, but everything that goes with it. You could clearly see how upset he was, that they were kicking. Then after the fact he makes up all these reasons why he felt it imperative that he not allow them to score their three lousy points. Better he just moves on and stops defending his actions.

First off we know KF pretty well after almost 20 years as HC, and I guarantee you he would NEVER make a douche move like that. We have seen him take a knee inside the five in countless games, when the game was decided, rather then try to score meaningless points in a game already decided, and sure as hell not in a game we were winning 56-0. And its not only what Franklin did, but everything that goes with it. You could clearly see how upset he was, that they were kicking. Then after the fact he makes up all these reasons why he felt it imperative that he not allow them to score their three lousy points. Better he just moves on and stops defending his actions.

You wish he had a team that could put up 56 points and get a shutout.

Kf took the high road and was outcoached last year when PSU snaked you.

You wish he had a team that could put up 56 points and get a shutout.

Kf took the high road and was outcoached last year when PSU snaked you.
And that has what to do with the discussion? You know what, enjoy. You guys deserve Franklin. We already know that from the top down all the way down through a good part of the fan base, your a school with NO moral compass. We've seen this play out over the last several years. Why would anyone think that Franklin's actions would bother anyone there, considering your recent history. Just Win Baby!

Reactions: luvmyhawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT