ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin

1. This is all your opinion based on what you want to believe. Fair enough, you have the right. But look no further than your explanation of him lying about seeing the video. I am not really sure what you are suggesting with that, but he says he lied when chewing out his team. He didn't lie to investigators, or the administration. Parents do this all the time.

"I had just gotten done meeting with the administration and I didn't want to go in and water my message down to the team," Franklin testified. "I didn't want to say 'I was told (or) I saw a video from somebody else.' That's what I did. I addressed the team and spoke as if I had seen the video because I was angry and upset and I didn't want to water down the message to them.
"I did talk about the video as if I had seen it, based on what was described to me from the administration. I didn't think that was the right way to deliver my message to the team at the time."

2. In your mind and in the mind of many other know nothings, our program is tainted. But in the minds of our fans and our #3 ranked recruiting class, we are just fine. I know that must really make you even more angry. I know Rutgers and Pitt fans are upset because they couldn't wait to take advantage of this horrible scandal to better their own team. It pains them to watch us now.
You'd have to admit that its pretty funny,that your here calling everyone "know nothings", and yet you actually think that you know everything that happened with Franklin, or the previous situation at PSU. These guys lie, to save their ass. Nothing happened at Baylor either until it got dragged out from under the carpet.
You know what, we've got a game to play this Saturday night. Here's hoping its a great game, and that that field goal that Franklin tries to ice, is the game winner by Recinos. Can you say DEJA VU........

You're a funny guy. Vandy's AD practically begged Franklin to stay, and for good reason.

You're a funnier guy.. And perhaps a bit naive.

While Franklin's gesture is a nice touch, it rings hollow as he actively works to sabotage the team he left behind.

https://www.anchorofgold.com/2014/1...in-the-hustler-tennessean-to-thank-vanderbilt

Franklin contacts rape Victim. This worked well for Alford at Iowa as we remember:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ted-alleged-rape-victim-vanderbilt-commodores

Franklin Lies about seeing rape video:
https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/08/james-franklin-vanderbilt-rape-case-penn-state-video

You're a funnier guy.. And perhaps a bit naive.

While Franklin's gesture is a nice touch, it rings hollow as he actively works to sabotage the team he left behind.

https://www.anchorofgold.com/2014/1...in-the-hustler-tennessean-to-thank-vanderbilt

Franklin contacts rape Victim. This worked well for Alford at Iowa as we remember:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ted-alleged-rape-victim-vanderbilt-commodores

Franklin Lies about seeing rape video:
https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/08/james-franklin-vanderbilt-rape-case-penn-state-video
See ya Saturday night. Hope Iowa brings their "A" game.

You seem angry, maybe that decade of losing to Iowa didn't sit well with you. Hope for a good game and no injuries.

I was actually trying to think of why Iowa fans are up there with Rutgers and Pitt with their hatred of Penn State. I couldn't figure it out and then it hit me. We now own Football AND Wrestling. You have nothing left.

Reactions: Gnat91
As long as Sanderson is coaching at Penn State , Iowa is going to take a backseat to them.

I was actually trying to think of why Iowa fans are up there with Rutgers and Pitt with their hatred of Penn State. I couldn't figure it out and then it hit me. We now own Football AND Wrestling. You have nothing left.
Arrogant PSU fans were always annoying, though they were of course quiet for the decade we owned you and JoePa in football...you know, back when he had a statue and we were all in the dark about PSU.

Reactions: dekhawk
Most coaches don't kick a field goal down by 56. That said , if your team beat OSU , won the big 10 and got left out of the playoffs last year because of the "looks" test, you'd probably want a shutout too.
Has ANY 2 loss team made the playoffs so far?
You forget about that part? ;)
50 3 or 50 0.....you think that 3 points will make ANY difference in the end? Get real!

If Iowa was up 20-0 on the last play of the game and Franklin brought his kicker out for a field goal to avoid the shut out rather than going for the touchdown, you guys would be calling him the same names you are now for calling timeout to bring his field goal defense into the game.

Francesa is in NY for those who aren't familiar. Lots of PSU fans in NY as well.

FWIW, Mike Francesa's old partner, "Mad Dog" Chris Russo was critical of Franklin today as well.

If Iowa was up 20-0 on the last play of the game and Franklin brought his kicker out for a field goal to avoid the shut out rather than going for the touchdown, you guys would be calling him the same names you are now for calling timeout to bring his field goal defense into the game.

What? No, we wouldn't give a shit. Just like how you never gave a shit about the abused kids.

And you could see that Franklin was pissed that the guy was going to kick it. Contrast that image, to KF taking a knee at the one yard line to end the game Saturday and not go up 37-14. Never been his style to pile on a meaningless score. I'll bet there were a few upset folks who bet on the 21 point line though.....:eek:
Anyone who bets on Iowa when they're favored by that much is a fool!

You should probably sit this one out.

What complete and utter baloney. The reporter should have followed up that question with "What do you think the significance of having 3 points scored against you, while up by 56, would have been?"

Bring on his icing attempts. Miguel laughs whenever coaches do that to him 'cuz he looks at as a him getting into the minds of the opposing coach since they're desperate enough to waste a precious timeout; he looks at it as more time to chill with his teammates ; )
They say it's not bragging if you can back it up. Let's hope Miguel get's to do a little bragging this weekend ! Go Hawks

Reactions: rivercityjazzman
What? No, we wouldn't give a shit. Just like how you never gave a shit about the abused kids.

More lies about Paterno.

parrot-cropped.png

More lies about Paterno.

No, I'm happy to make this about your whole "institution"... just imagine what those kids felt like. Nobody to turn to. Nobody that cared. And the saddest part is you did it in the hopes of winning and for the last decade or so you couldn't even do that.

Francesa is in NY for those who aren't familiar. Lots of PSU fans in NY as well.

FWIW, Mike Francesa's old partner, "Mad Dog" Chris Russo was critical of Franklin today as well.
Great! Frick and Frack had a beef. Now I KNOW Franklin did the right thing. Ask Steve Spurrier who commented on it this morning.

James said: We had our fourth team on the field and we don’t have a fourth team field goal block or really even know how to get lined up with the mix and matched guys we had in there so we called a timeout to get the second team field goal block in there and that’s just how it played out to be honest with you.

No one buys that but PSU fans.

Most coaches don't kick a field goal down by 56. That said , if your team beat OSU , won the big 10 and got left out of the playoffs last year because of the "looks" test, you'd probably want a shutout too.

I would say the beat down in Ann Arbor was the bad look for PSU.

No, I'm happy to make this about your whole "institution"... just imagine what those kids felt like. Nobody to turn to. Nobody that cared. And the saddest part is you did it in the hopes of winning and for the last decade or so you couldn't even do that.

You don't think Penn State fans think about what the kids felt like. That is first in foremost in all of our minds. YOU are putting the sins of one man on the entire institution and the people who make that institution. Further, you do so without any knowledge of the facts. Do you not think that Penn State fans might have a much better and clearer understanding of the facts and the people involved?

The problem is that for some reason, people like you want to put everything on Paterno or somehow tie it to football. It has absolutely nothing to do with football. If it was found out that a former defensive coordinator was a Pedophile, how would that have effected the football team? Even with what happened we are sitting at #4 right now, so that pretty much dispels any argument you can attempt to make in that.

The people who put this on Paterno as far as I am concerned, are people who are looking to somehow benefit from this on the football field. Because the fact of the matter, of everyone involved in the whole sordid affair, Paterno did more than anyone. I was never a Paterno fan, and I am still not really to be honest. I think he selfishly stayed on much longer than he should have. By doing so, he put a giant target on his and the programs back.

The fact is, there were people who were in a direct position to do something about Sandusky and failed to do so. Tom Corbett, the Governor of PA who went out of his way to attack Paterno was formerly the Attorney General of PA who PERSONALLY investigated Sandusky. He even convened a Grand Jury about Sandusky in 2009. You know what he did? NOTHING. Not only that he took campaign donations from 2nd Mile and when he became governor GAVE STATE MONEY to 2nd Mile. And yet, he was more than happy to throw it on Paterno, which is insane to me.

Numerous very rich, very wealthy and very connected people sat on the board of 2nd mile. You know what 2nd mile was allowed to do? Destroy all of its documentation, paperwork and anything having to do with the charity. Ya know, the place where all of the kids came from.

A D.A. investigated Sandusky in 1999 and came away and said there was no evidence to prosecute. Don't that that as me saying I think Sandusky is innocent, it is me saying that the DA clearly dropped the ball. And yet, people like you blame this on Paterno. The one and only person who did what he was supposed to do. Should he have done more knowing what we all know now? Sure, hell, so should have you, you could have taken a baseball bat up to State College and beat the hell out of him. We could have tied him to a rail and burned him to death. But we didn't know what we know now and unfortunately, people were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt not comprehending that the man was a monster.

Because the fact of the matter, of everyone involved in the whole sordid affair, Paterno did more than anyone.

When it came to his attention for the second or third time, he told a couple of higher ups, then ignored it. "The most powerful man in Pennsylvania" could have done much much MUCH more.

When it came to his attention for the second or third time, he told a couple of higher ups, then ignored it. "The most powerful man in Pennsylvania" could have done much much MUCH more.

When did anything come to his attention a second or a third time. The only time anything came to his attention was in 2001. That is it and when it did, it was reported to his direct superior and his superiors superior. Those are the two guys who had charges pressed on them and went to jail.

You don't think Penn State fans think about what the kids felt like. That is first in foremost in all of our minds. YOU are putting the sins of one man on the entire institution and the people who make that institution. Further, you do so without any knowledge of the facts. Do you not think that Penn State fans might have a much better and clearer understanding of the facts and the people involved?

The problem is that for some reason, people like you want to put everything on Paterno or somehow tie it to football. It has absolutely nothing to do with football. If it was found out that a former defensive coordinator was a Pedophile, how would that have effected the football team? Even with what happened we are sitting at #4 right now, so that pretty much dispels any argument you can attempt to make in that.

The people who put this on Paterno as far as I am concerned, are people who are looking to somehow benefit from this on the football field. Because the fact of the matter, of everyone involved in the whole sordid affair, Paterno did more than anyone. I was never a Paterno fan, and I am still not really to be honest. I think he selfishly stayed on much longer than he should have. By doing so, he put a giant target on his and the programs back.

The fact is, there were people who were in a direct position to do something about Sandusky and failed to do so. Tom Corbett, the Governor of PA who went out of his way to attack Paterno was formerly the Attorney General of PA who PERSONALLY investigated Sandusky. He even convened a Grand Jury about Sandusky in 2009. You know what he did? NOTHING. Not only that he took campaign donations from 2nd Mile and when he became governor GAVE STATE MONEY to 2nd Mile. And yet, he was more than happy to throw it on Paterno, which is insane to me.

Numerous very rich, very wealthy and very connected people sat on the board of 2nd mile. You know what 2nd mile was allowed to do? Destroy all of its documentation, paperwork and anything having to do with the charity. Ya know, the place where all of the kids came from.

A D.A. investigated Sandusky in 1999 and came away and said there was no evidence to prosecute. Don't that that as me saying I think Sandusky is innocent, it is me saying that the DA clearly dropped the ball. And yet, people like you blame this on Paterno. The one and only person who did what he was supposed to do. Should he have done more knowing what we all know now? Sure, hell, so should have you, you could have taken a baseball bat up to State College and beat the hell out of him. We could have tied him to a rail and burned him to death. But we didn't know what we know now and unfortunately, people were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt not comprehending that the man was a monster.
You nailed it. Good post.

Wow this thread has shown what people are talking about when they talk about the crazies on BWI.

I read different things going on at a lot of schools drugs,kids not going to class and like you said in your post we had a few make bad choices off the field but this crap that happen in Penn St is sick and was going on for years so many people out east heard about this sick Basturd long before anything was done but nobody stood up and took action I just can't believe Penn St Fans do not understand why it really bothers outsiders

You don't really care. YOu were actually glad kids were abused because you thought it would help your football program. Now you are all butt hurt that your team did not pass PSU>

PS. I heard rumors about some of your coaches and kids. Let me know when you go to the police.

You want me to get a list of all the kids Penn State recruits and ones Iowa does? There is more overlap than you think. I know Iowa loses the battles most of the time, especially to kids from that part of the country. The claim was brought up last year after Franklin was complaining about Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Notre Dame doing it.

It was one of the reasons why Barta gave Kirk a 10 year extension, because Franklin and other coaches were telling recruits that Kirk was going to retire in a couple years so he wouldn't be around for long.

Very little overlap of kids that actually considered both schools. I can't think of ANY that had both schools in their top 3. Could you name a few kids that were between PSU and IOwa?

Very little overlap of kids that actually considered both schools. I can't think of ANY that had both schools in their top 3. Could you name a few kids that were between PSU and IOwa?
Don't move the goal posts. I said PSU and Iowa recruit a lot of the same kids. For example in the 2018 class Iowa has 114 offers out there - PSU has offered 32 of them. Nowhere did I mention making top 3 lists.

edit: also if you want a real recent name, then Levis your current QB commit had Iowa as his top choice before he was offered and committed to PSU.

Franklin is a major league douche nozzle. Last year, he kept McSorley in throwing bombs with 4 minutes left to run up the score because we beat the **** outta him in 2015.

Funny thing is, we called off the dogs that year in the 3rd Q or could have dropped 75. Our 4th Q touchdowns were a tipped pick 6 on D, and then our starting center ran in an off tackle dive after PSU fumbled the ensuing kickoff to celebrate senior day. I dont think MSU threw a forward pass in the 4th quarter.

He keeps his starters in, risking injury, with the B1G champ game the next week just to run it up to appease how own butthurt.

Franklin is a major league douche nozzle. Last year, he kept McSorley in throwing bombs with 4 minutes left to run up the score because we beat the **** outta him in 2015.

Funny thing is, we called off the dogs that year in the 3rd Q or could have dropped 75. Our 4th Q touchdowns were a tipped pick 6 on D, and then our starting center ran in an off tackle dive after PSU fumbled the ensuing kickoff to celebrate senior day. I dont think MSU threw a forward pass in the 4th quarter.

He keeps his starters in, risking injury, with the B1G champ game the next week just to run it up to appease how own butthurt.

3-9

Reactions: zwick19050

He certainly has no problem working Barley like a dog. Punt and kickoffs. I guess I would too. They lose Barkley and they are just a top 25 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT