ADVERTISEMENT

James Resar '24 QB Commits

I'm reminded when Deuce Hogan, a 4 star gun slinger with moxie out of Texas committed and instantly started recruiting other members of his class. Fast forward a few years later, Kirk's playing the Big 10's worst QB every single down, and when the media asks if he ever considered giving Hogan a shot, Kirk snorted, said something incredibly snarky like "if he gets in there, you know we're in trouble," then Hogan transfers out of the program weeks later. All so that Kirk could stick up for his son for playing Petras every down and justify his mistakes like a classic bully.

I hope this kid is good, but when his claim to fame is his 100 m dash time at QB, I'm thinking he never enrolls at Iowa.

Find the right QB to get some talent to come with him. Has to at least like that he has a defense that will help out and THEN SOME.

Really hope that the ship can be corrected, but need an OC that calls the game THEY want. Only let Kirk have input on going for it on 4th down.

You can also go back and listen to the WUW episode where he talks about MSU recruiting him to play WR. I’ll take his word for it. There’s a lot that goes on in the recruiting process that we don’t know about. I can’t imagine there’s much incentive for him to lie about it.
Never had an offer, I think the argument between you two is semantics

I hope this commit is signaling a philosophical shift in what type of quarterback and offense we are trying to put on the field
Marco Lainez, Iowa's 2023 QB recruit from the NE, is also supposed to be mobile and a dual threat, so they seem to be looking to change the profile of that position a little bit. I'm not sure that can happen soon enough.

With any luck the Ferentz boys will be long gone by fall of ‘24, but this kid will still be coming. I have absolutely no faith that they can take a QB talent like this, develop him into a solid Big Ten QB and use his skills wisely. If things continue on their current course, this guy has “2027 transfer portal” written all over him…

I keep hoping I’m proven wrong about KF and BF, but instead I keep getting proven right…

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
This is your weekly reminder that Ricky Stanzi was recruited by Michigan State to play wide receiver. If this current staff remains in place, that speed and athleticism will be coached right out of him.

HOWEVER!!

Maybe my dream of Willie Korn being our next OC is coming true, because this kid is a hell of a lot like Grayson McCall.

Haha, I know. I’m dreamin’.
ESPN shows no MSU offers to Rick Stanzi.......so provide a link on msu recruited stanzi as WR.

Reactions: BBHawk
ESPN shows no MSU offers to Rick Stanzi.......so provide a link on msu recruited stanzi as WR.

Did I say he was offered to play WR? Nooooooo.

Did Rick Stanzi, in the midst of a 40+ minute interview on the WUW podcast, say that he was being recruited by MSU to play WR? Yes. I don’t know the extent of his recruitment.

He is considered a dual threat QB.

He ran the 100M in 10.86 last season.

Based on his 100M time (and his high school
rushing stats and video), it does seem like Resar could be a dual-threat guy.

But FWIW, his Rivals profile lists him as a “pro-style,” not a dual-threat. (Not that Rivals is always accurate in this regard. As an example, James Vandenberg was considered a dual-threat QB coming out of high school.)

James Resar committed before the Clown U game.

He scored 10 rushing TDs last season on a broken leg.

“I’m faster than most of the people chasing me, which gives me an advantage. I can buy time to find a receiver or gain yards with my legs."

Based on his 100M time (and his high school
rushing stats and video), it does seem like Resar could be a dual-threat guy.

But FWIW, his Rivals profile lists him as a “pro-style,” not a dual-threat. (Not that Rivals is always accurate in this regard. As an example, James Vandenberg was considered a dual-threat QB coming out of high school.)
He had 90 Carries for 828 yards last year. They can list his as a right guard if they want. I’m going to call him a QB that can run the ball.

He was told that Iowa plays to the strengths of the QB and knew this was true after seeing the first 2 games.

I hope this commit is signaling a philosophical shift in what type of quarterback and offense we are trying to put on the field
What’s wrong with our fan base? We get a true dual threat QB that we have been begging for and we have a bunch of negative posts about him. He’s got as clear a path to the starting job as he’ll find in a power 5 team and I agree withWestCoast. Hope springs eternal…

What’s wrong with our fan base? We get a true dual threat QB that we have been begging for and we have a bunch of negative posts about him. He’s got as clear a path to the starting job as he’ll find in a power 5 team and I agree withWestCoast. Hope springs eternal…

Worried about his throwing motion, not a great offer list and the coaching/development won't be good. I wish I could be more optimistic.

I learned my lesson with Deuce Hogan.

Reactions: obfuscating
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT