ADVERTISEMENT

James Resar '24 QB Commits

I'm reminded when Deuce Hogan, a 4 star gun slinger with moxie out of Texas committed and instantly started recruiting other members of his class. Fast forward a few years later, Kirk's playing the Big 10's worst QB every single down, and when the media asks if he ever considered giving Hogan a shot, Kirk snorted, said something incredibly snarky like "if he gets in there, you know we're in trouble," then Hogan transfers out of the program weeks later. All so that Kirk could stick up for his son for playing Petras every down and justify his mistakes like a classic bully.

I hope this kid is good, but when his claim to fame is his 100 m dash time at QB, I'm thinking he never enrolls at Iowa.
And yet Hogan is third string at his new school. Bad example Iowa Slaw.

Welcome aboard James. By the time you hit campus, Iowa will have better OL, as good or better RB's and better Receiver options. I am convinced that movements to address the offense problems are in process.
Maybe so, but by the time he sees the field, that better OL will be long gone, more WRs will have left for Purdue, and the RBs will have been benched for one fumble.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Marco Lainez, Iowa's 2023 QB recruit from the NE, is also supposed to be mobile and a dual threat, so they seem to be looking to change the profile of that position a little bit. I'm not sure that can happen soon enough.
They recruited dual threat qbs before, nothing new, they will reign in the running by the qb and keep the O vanilla. Not until top staff is changed will Iowa have a chg in Off.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
These highlights were posted on YouTube today.

The kid has some wheels and he runs to his left and throws accurately. Weird, I know. ;)

His team is 5-0 so far on the season.

Watch here:

Somehow it won’t translate. Kirk has barely missed out on what turned out to big name dudes before, so maybe this is the guy finally that is the one.

Or Laurence Fishburne
Or Carol Burnett
Or Carol Channing
Or Chandler Bing
Or.....

Wait. Sorry. That's something different.
Speaking of that, will there be one this season? I need an excuse to waste time trying to make irrelevant connections and ultimately provide nothing to a thread.

These highlights were posted on YouTube today.

The kid has some wheels and he runs to his left and throws accurately. Weird, I know. ;)

His team is 5-0 so far on the season.

Watch here:

Thanks for sharing. I see he was in the shotgun most/all of the time. I like his pocket presence … and he definitely has some wheels for a QB. Will be interesting to see his transition to the Iowa way of QB expectations and the “time” it takes to learn our offense. We’re due to land and see a good QB have a good college career 👍

Reactions: Franisdaman
Maybe Brian told him that by the time he comes in he will be HC and grandpas offense will be a thing of the past.

What’s wrong with our fan base? We get a true dual threat QB that we have been begging for and we have a bunch of negative posts about him. He’s got as clear a path to the starting job as he’ll find in a power 5 team and I agree withWestCoast. Hope springs eternal…
There are several posters on this board that are always negative. You'll notice that they disappear when things are going well, but reappear when Iowa struggles. I call them "foul-weather critics", the opposite of fair-weather fans and even more annoying. They are the kind of person everyone avoids at parties.

They recruited dual threat qbs before, nothing new, they will reign in the running by the qb and keep the O vanilla. Not until top staff is changed will Iowa have a chg in Off.

Remember when we ran the option couple times per game with Brad Banks!!?

Like that last two QBs signed, athletic, quick on there feet. This one reminds me of CJ. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Nice to dream but this kid would die in Columbus as we don't have the horses up front right now to keep him from being killed.

I believe this offense will work with a mobile QB. It has before, it can again.

Look at all the times SP has went down being brushed by a hand, or on a rollout with 3 levels of options only to miss or chuck it out of bounds.

Oh, and dump Budmayr, bring in Tate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT