ADVERTISEMENT

Jane's Revenge' declares 'open season' on pro-life clinics

Well I'm kind of hoping they don't graduate to killing people because people's lives can't be replaced. Property can.
Same. But this deserves one MASSIVE whatabout. Because, you know, quite a quiet response, generally, from the right on the decades of violence…. er…. terrorism against women’s reproductive health care providers. Had to create a damn task force.

Same. But this deserves one MASSIVE whatabout. Because, you know, quite a quiet response, generally, from the right on the decades of violence…. er…. terrorism against women’s reproductive health care providers. Had to create a damn task force.

The political side that is more likely to turn to terrorism is generally the side that isn't getting their way.

Why would there have been pro-choice terrorism in a country that had some of the most liberal abortion laws in the world?

Now it seems as though that is likely to change in a big way soon and we may suddenly go from having the most liberal abortion laws in the world to the most conservative abortion laws in the world. That is likely to fuel left wing groups into terrorism.

The political side that is more likely to turn to terrorism is generally the side that isn't getting their way.

Why would there have been pro-choice terrorism in a country that had some of the most liberal abortion laws in the world?

Now it seems as though that is likely to change in a big way soon and we may suddenly go from having the most liberal abortion laws in the world to the most conservative abortion laws in the world.
Good lord your brain goes to weird places in defense of your abortion obsession. Try again, Hoosier. I’m saying that in light of this “pro-life” (horseshit moniker, btw) clinic violence, it should be kept in mind just how violent and pervasive and enduring and ongoing the violence against womens reproductive health clinics.

I am justifying neither. I’m simply trying to get ahead of the sure-to-happen hypocrisy.

You could have said, “I hope they don’t graduate to killing people, as has happened historically with respect to those aiming to terrorize “pro-choice” clinics.

But you didn’t. Maybe consider why.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCainer
Good lord your brain goes to weird places in defense of your abortion obsession. Try again, Hoosier. I’m saying that in light of this “pro-life” (horseshit moniker, btw) clinic violence, it should be kept in mind just how violent and pervasive and enduring and ongoing the violence against womens reproductive health clinics.

I am justifying neither. I’m simply trying to get ahead of the sure-to-happen hypocrisy.

You could have said, “I hope they don’t graduate to killing people, as has happened historically with respect to those aiming to terrorize “pro-choice” clinics.
These reprehensible violent Left radicals must be stopped by any means necessary. Very dangerous people.

Reactions: abby97

I'm aware that there has been "pro-life" terrorism for a while now. It's all wrong no matter who does it.

I'm aware that there has been "pro-life" terrorism for a while now. It's all wrong no matter who does it.
Agree. But I think you’re smart enough to recognize my point. I’ll provoke you further… the violence in the interest of “pro-life” — is it as angering to you as violence in the interest of “pro-choice”?

Agree. But I think you’re smart enough to recognize my point. I’ll provoke you further… the violence in the interest of “pro-life” — is it as angering to you as violence in the interest of “pro-choice”?

All violence angers me. . .

However I will point out that most of the mainstream media outlets have not as far as I've seen covered this left wing terrorism when right wing terrorism makes the news.

Has there been an article about this in the NYT or any of those other sources? Because I havn't seen it.

Reactions: goldmom
All violence angers me. . .

However I will point out that most of the mainstream media outlets have not as far as I've seen covered this left wing terrorism when right wing terrorism makes the news.

Has there been an article about this in the NYT or any of those other sources? Because I havn't seen it.
Dude. Ignore the mainstream media. It feeds and fuels the very hypocrisy I’m discussing. WE have to take ownership of the fair representation of reality. Always invoking “the media” creates the space to “excuse” (relatively speaking) the behaviors of one’s preferred angle on any particular issue.

I assume you are taking about the killing during the BLM riots
Good assumption. I was. I also talked a lot about how decades upon decades of discriminatory treatment tends to lay seed to some very dangerous animus. It was thought that I was excusing the violence, the destruction of property. I wasn’t. As usual, context and nuance are hardly allowed when people just want to point fingers and say, “look, those people are bad!” rather than try to see the larger picture, larger story.

The BLM protests were largely non-violent. A fraction of people became violent. Some of them were imposters, as we learned. But people, like you, like to paint all of BLM with one big, broad, accusatory defamatory brush. Because it’s emotionally satisfying to “other” large groups of people. Enemy complex feeds your shallowness.

When pro-lifers attack clinics and doctors, I sure as hell don’t ascribe their behaviors to the entire pro-life movement nor to the right in general. It’s actually quite easy to avoid broad-brushing people into easy targets of hate.

Try it. Step one would be to avoid things like “libs of tik tok”.

Good assumption. I was. I also talked a lot about how decades upon decades of discriminatory treatment tends to lay seed to some very dangerous animus. It was thought that I was excusing the violence, the destruction of property. I wasn’t. As usual, context and nuance are hardly allowed when people just want to point fingers and say, “look, those people are bad!” rather than try to see the larger picture, larger story.

The BLM protests were largely non-violent. A fraction of people became violent. Some of them were imposters, as we learned. But people, like you, like to paint all of BLM with one big, broad, accusatory defamatory brush. Because it’s emotionally satisfying to “other” large groups of people. Enemy complex feeds your shallowness.

When pro-lifers attack clinics and doctors, I sure as hell don’t ascribe their behaviors to the entire pro-life movement nor to the right in general. It’s actually quite easy to avoid broad-brushing people into easy targets of hate.

There is no way he read all of that, but he's not alone. You just described the biggest problem with the internet.

There is no way he read all of that, but he's not alone. You just described the biggest problem with the internet.
It’s everything. We, as Americans, are “groomed” to react emotionally to anything and everything. I’m in branding/marketing and I can tell you that nearly everything in our consumerist society is designed around emotion-tugging. Every product or service. Everything. We don’t develop brands and campaigns around pragmatism first. It’s emotion first, everything else thereafter.

Even our ideas of what America is — it’s all rooted in emotion. We’re addicted to it. We love it.

You’re way behind on the hypocrisy. The fact that OP had to dig the article from a source like Daily Mail and not NYT, CNN, etc. shows that the hypocrisy has already begun. Just not from the direction you’re trying to get ahead of.

Damn, you’re good.

You’re way behind on the hypocrisy. The fact that OP had to dig the article from a source like Daily Mail and not NYT, CNN, etc. shows that the hypocrisy has already begun. Just not from the direction you’re trying to get ahead of.
I don’t see how that effectively repudiates anything Rudy has articulated in this thread to this point, especially since he clearly and unambiguously stated the mainstream media are an integral part of the problem.

Rudy has also stated hypocrisy is ubiquitous, so unless you can prove that the majority of cons who had a visceral reaction to this “Jane’s Revenge” story comparable to past reactions they’ve had to any story involving the bombing of an abortion clinic, Rudy’s analysis is spot on.

As much as it pains me to say that in favor of the walk-on douche, it is nonetheless true.

I don’t see how that effectively repudiates anything Rudy has articulated in this thread to this point, especially since he clearly and unambiguously stated the mainstream media are an integral part of the problem.

Rudy has also stated hypocrisy is ubiquitous, so unless you can prove that the majority of cons who had a visceral reaction to this “Jane’s Revenge” story comparable to past reactions they’ve had to any story involving the bombing of an abortion clinic, Rudy’s analysis is spot on.

As much as it pains me to say that in favor of the walk-on douche, it is nonetheless true.
It doesn’t repudiate anything he said. He made good points. I was just pointing out that the hypocrisy on this issue is happening and blatantly obvious.

If this was “property only” damage happening to abortion mills, it would lead almost every news outlet and be front page stuff for every circulation. Maddow would be doing a deep dive about how it all started with Hitler. Joy Reid would be making connections to the Proud Boys and Trump. Shitty Economist Paul Krugman would be weirdly chiming in like he does for other social stories. Same for the food critic guy. Instead, their stance is “it’s just property”. Hypocrisy.

It doesn’t repudiate anything he said. He made good points. I was just pointing out that the hypocrisy on this issue is happening and blatantly obvious.

If this was “property only” damage happening to abortion mills, it would lead almost every news outlet and be front page stuff for every circulation. Maddow would be doing a deep dive about how it all started with Hitler. Joy Reid would be making connections to the Proud Boys and Trump. Shitty Economist Paul Krugman would be weirdly chiming in like he does for other social stories. Same for the food critic guy. Instead, their stance is “it’s just property”. Hypocrisy.
If your point was about the hypocrisy of mainstream media, then you are absolutely correct.

If they commit acts of violence, they should be arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law. If convicted, their hair should be dyed orange for the duration of their sentence and be forced to watch Billy Graham Crusade videos days and night, ala Malcolm McDowell style in "A Clockwork Orange". That'll teach 'em.
F’n awesome 👏

I posted about this early. . . Fortunately these terrorists do not seem to have graduated to killing people yet. Just destruction of property.

Although it does seem like only a matter of time before that happens if nothing else by accident.
Some might argue they have a phd in that subject

Not talking about media hypocrisy. And not surprised that you didn’t catch that. Eff an A, you’re always missing obvious shit. Why? Because you’re not really trying to understand my point — so in a rush to argue with me, you just miss. Slow down. Pretend I’m not your adversary or enemy.

Why would anyone express surprise if pro-abortion folks turn violent? It’s not like there isn’t a history of pro-lifers murdering abortion activists and abortion properties. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
I do not condone violence of any sort in this matter but this is what America has become. Hopefully these folks will be using firearms and exercising their God given 2nd Amendment rights, too.

That you used the term “abortion mills” is so telling. FFS. Then your little rant about media.

I simply don’t understand the obsession with being a victim of the media. It’s really easy. Turn it off. Turn off every alert on your phone that fuels this obsession. Disconnect and disentangle from the algorithms.

You’re very snowflakey, very emotional, @FAUlty Gator .

Why would anyone express surprise if pro-abortion folks turn violent? It’s not like there isn’t a history of pro-lifers murdering abortion activists and abortion properties. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
I do not condone violence of any sort in this matter but this is what America has become. Hopefully these folks will be using firearms and exercising their God given 2nd Amendment rights, too.
So you will be okay when the violence breaks out in DC when Roe is overturned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT