ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Jordan (Redux Joe Paterno, Dennis Hastert, Larry Nassar)

This dandy brought to you from "The Department of I'm an Idiot, and conviently forgot to mention it doesn't matter the political party affiliation".

Umm, no. Just as most PSU fans automatically assume JoePa was clear and his statue stays up, most Jim Jordan voters will assume their guy is above reproach.

But if you want to make it about political party feel free to message me. I'm going to assume the people who are here to talk about wrestling will go to a politics blog when they want to talk about politics.

Reactions: FanOHawk and el dub
Anne Frank and Emmett Till are victims. Crews is a big strong grown man that had his crouch grabbed by a Hollywood sissy. Get some perceptive.

How do I get some perceptive? Do you mean perspective?

Let me ask you this - if I grabbed a female member of your family by the crotch and wouldn't let go would they not be victims because I didn't murder them?

Let me ask you this - if I grabbed a female member of your family by the crotch and wouldn't let go would they not be victims because I didn't murder them?
That's a red herring if I ever heard it. I don't necessarily agree with what Pablo said, but what you said is not an equivalent.

Why not? Because one victim is male and the other female? That’s exactly what the exec did to Crews.

What measure of strength should we use to determine if someone can be a victim? Bench? Squat? Clean? Body fat % (BMI is worthless these days)? Is there a ratio out there that needs to be met as it relates to the person assaulting them?

Why not? Because one victim is male and the other female? That’s exactly what the exec did to Crews.

What measure of strength should we use to determine if someone can be a victim? Bench? Squat? Clean? Body fat % (BMI is worthless these days)? Is there a ratio out there that needs to be met as it relates to the person assaulting them?

I didn't say Crews wasn't a victim, but his non actions do come down to a choice to submit or defend oneself. Yes, the other person may have the power of influence over Crews, but it is still a choice not to act in self defense. Crews knew that him being touched was not right and ultimately chose to go with it because of fear of the outcome of his actions. Is he a victim? Yes

Now a man attacking a women who has physical power over her has less choice. Is she a victim? Yes

Are they the same thing? Well not really which is my only point. It's not an equivalent.

Reactions: CumberlandHawk

I was giving example of true victims. Did I state or imply that the only crime that creates victims is murder? Everyone of you posts is non-reponsive and includes strawman distortions of what I posted.

BTW, you never answered my question "what would you do if someone grabbed your crotch?" Can I assume that you'd do more than let the fondler have his fun and then phone your therapist.

I was giving example of true victims. Did I state or imply that the only crime that creates victims is murder? Everyone of you posts is non-reponsive and includes strawman distortions of what I posted.

BTW, you never answered my question "what would you do if someone grabbed your crotch?" Can I assume that you'd do more than let the fondler have his fun and then phone your therapist.

Why do I have to answer your hypotheticals if you won't answer mine?

And by saying that you gave examples of 'true victims' that means you clearly don't view Crews as a victim.

And yeah, you did imply that you must be murdered since you gave two examples of people who were murdered and then said that someone who was sexually assaulted was not.

Reactions: Wendy79 and el dub
Why do I have to answer your hypotheticals if you won't answer mine?

And by saying that you gave examples of 'true victims' that means you clearly don't view Crews as a victim.

And yeah, you did imply that you must be murdered since you gave two examples of people who were murdered and then said that someone who was sexually assaulted was not.
So we should feel the same about a victim who had no choice as we do about the victim who clearly did have a choice?

BTW, you never answered my question "what would you do if someone grabbed your crotch?" .

Do TSA screeners count?

Reactions: Pakman770

Are you a star? If so, then it's okay. A star can get away with anything. We know this because our president has said so.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
Did I not make that clear? If someone allows something to happen for fear of how it may affect their career, they clearly had a choice.

If someone has no choice to be made, then it is different.

Are both victims? yes. In both cases are the victimizers horrible people? yes.

Do I need to feel the same about both situations? I hope not because I don't feel the same about both. Personal accountability is a thing and tough choices need to be made. Do I feel bad for Terry Crews? Yes, but at the same time, wish he would have stood up for himself.

I can't bring myself to read the articles since in the past they have been so full of fake news and crap, but I am having trouble figuring out how a Congressman is responsible for policing a University. Doesn't the university have policies in place for this sort of thing? Was he supposed to fly in there and yank the guy out of there and then carry him to jail while also giving therapy to everyone else. This sure sounds like someone trying to take or create a problem and then pin it on someone just to ruin a career. Politics is scummy and a lot of politicians have some pretty shady character traits, but this seems like a witch hunt. You get a few gems who have been caught beyond a shadow of a doubt doing disgust ing things repeatedly and the public s
No, none of them are saying any of this is Jim Jordan's fault. They put the full blame on the team doctor. What they are upset about is that Jim Jordan is not backing their story and/or is claiming to have no knowledge of the alleged behavior or complaints. Heck, Russ hellickson was the head coach And he was supposedly aware of the situation as well so if they wanted to blame someone for not doing anything they could blame him. But that's not what their beef with Jordan is about.
Then why is he the focus of the article? It is a witch hunt. Jim Jordan is mentioned more in the article than the perverted (assumed homosexual) doctor or the AD or the President of the university. Why do you suppose that is?
Find a disgusting activity and then connect it to someone n power and make people associate the disgusting behavior with the person you are trying to destroy. It is an old trick and one used often by the fake news, I mean main stream news.
I don't like it when politicians deny knowing about something, but it is a no win for them when they are the recipient of a witch hunt. If he admits knowing about it, the next questions are why didn't you do something about it and were you involved and how can we believe you? What does this say about your morals etc.
I also noticed how now the article mentions that up to 1500-2000 people may have been "assaulted and/or raped". Now, suddenly rape is being thrown around and tied to his (Jordan's) name. The fake, I mean main stream news, wonders why people don't believe them or take them seriously.

At what point does the victim have a choice versus not have a choice?
The victim always has a choice to report it or not. Depending on who the victim is, they sometimes have a choice to stop it from happening. Life is not always easy or fair. The strong who stand up for the weak are noble. That I agree with. Their is a difference between being too weak to stop something and being helpless to report it or bring it to someone's attention. I do not see where Jordan should be the scape goat here. Other than he is a Republican who wants to be speaker of the house.

There are many administrators here who could have dealt with the problem. it is not the assistant wrestling coaches responsibility to take care of this. After he leaves the school, it is still the school's responsibility and the people in charge who have the responsibility to deal with this problem.

It is very possible the the doctor was moved to a different position but was not able to be fired also. This PC world we live in where certain minorities can claim discrimination and get a huge settlement does tie the hands of administrators quite a bit. ( as the Hawks know with the firing of an assistant AD recently)

The fact that this went on for years (before Jordan was at the school and after he left the school) and the main person discussed is Jim Jordan, should tell you something about the motive for the story.

I can't bring myself to read the articles since in the past they have been so full of fake news and crap, but I am having trouble figuring out how a Congressman is responsible for policing a University. Doesn't the university have policies in place for this sort of thing? Was he supposed to fly in there and yank the guy out of there and then carry him to jail while also giving therapy to everyone else. This sure sounds like someone trying to take or create a problem and then pin it on someone just to ruin a career. Politics is scummy and a lot of politicians have some pretty shady character traits, but this seems like a witch hunt. You get a few gems who have been caught beyond a shadow of a doubt doing disgust ing things repeatedly and the public s

Then why is he the focus of the article? It is a witch hunt. Jim Jordan is mentioned more in the article than the perverted (assumed homosexual) doctor or the AD or the President of the university. Why do you suppose that is?
Find a disgusting activity and then connect it to someone n power and make people associate the disgusting behavior with the person you are trying to destroy. It is an old trick and one used often by the fake news, I mean main stream news.
I don't like it when politicians deny knowing about something, but it is a no win for them when they are the recipient of a witch hunt. If he admits knowing about it, the next questions are why didn't you do something about it and were you involved and how can we believe you? What does this say about your morals etc.
I also noticed how now the article mentions that up to 1500-2000 people may have been "assaulted and/or raped". Now, suddenly rape is being thrown around and tied to his (Jordan's) name. The fake, I mean main stream news, wonders why people don't believe them or take them seriously.

Wasn’t Jordan affiliated with the university at one time? Like, a coach or something? I’m pretty sure they were counting on him as a university employee to police the situation.

Reactions: Dagboi
4th wrestler (that we know of) now says Jordan definitely knew....All have said that everyone knew....Head wrestling coach Hellickson at least admits he knew. Jordan was an assistant coach at OSU for 8 years...never heard a thing.

Yeah.

4th wrestler (that we know of) now says Jordan definitely knew....All have said that everyone knew....Head wrestling coach Hellickson at least admits he knew. Jordan was an assistant coach at OSU for 8 years...never heard a thing.

Yeah.

Well, they must all be lying. Just like those kids (allegedly) molested on the PSU campus.

Yeah.
I am not saying he did not know about it. I am saying that it is not his responsibility to solve the problem. Why is he being singled out as the guy who should have done something? Why is the article and news putting the spotlight on him? Because he is a leading candidate for speaker of the house -that is why. The spotlight should be on the president of the university and the AD and people like them. As well as the doctor and his other activities.
If he lied and said he did not know anything, then that is on him, but he should not be the story. He can report it to the head coach and the administrators, which I am guessing they also knew. It is up to them to handle the situation.
Again, the fact that he is the center of the story as an Assistant coach part of the time the guy was being a creep, should be enough of a hint that the purpose of this is to tie the behavior of a pervert to Jordan's name.

I am not saying he did not know about it. I am saying that it is not his responsibility to solve the problem. Why is he being singled out as the guy who should have done something? Why is the article and news putting the spotlight on him? Because he is a leading candidate for speaker of the house -that is why. The spotlight should be on the president of the university and the AD and people like them. As well as the doctor and his other activities.
If he lied and said he did not know anything, then that is on him, but he should not be the story. He can report it to the head coach and the administrators, which I am guessing they also knew. It is up to them to handle the situation.
Again, the fact that he is the center of the story as an Assistant coach part of the time the guy was being a creep, should be enough of a hint that the purpose of this is to tie the behavior of a pervert to Jordan's name.

Jordan did nothing illegal....Joe Paterno did nothing illegal (although Paterno at least reported it before he ignored it). Jordan is famous for torching his political opponents...belittle, attack, ridicule. Of course he's getting hammered...He's made a career of hammering others. Live by the sword....

Actually he did do something illegal. As a coach of young people, he is mandated by law to report abuse to the authorities just as Paterno should have. The authorities happen to be some some government group such as police, child welfare etc.
Now as I say that, I do not find his guilt as much as a head coach would be. What he is very guilty of and what he is being blamed for is his lying to everyone about having knowledge of these incidents. If he had stated that he knew about it, not much would be made about this. Jordan is possibly to become one of the most powerful people in our government. He should be above this total dishonesty.

Umm, no. Just as most PSU fans automatically assume JoePa was clear and his statue stays up, most Jim Jordan voters will assume their guy is above reproach.

But if you want to make it about political party feel free to message me. I'm going to assume the people who are here to talk about wrestling will go to a politics blog when they want to talk about politics.
Well I hate to break it to you, and it's clear to me the obvious might be a bit more than you can handle, but the Thread Title has the name Jim Jordan front and center. Uummmm, wait for it............ he's a Politician.

Actually he did do something illegal. As a coach of young people, he is mandated by law to report abuse to the authorities just as Paterno should have. The authorities happen to be some some government group such as police, child welfare etc.
Now as I say that, I do not find his guilt as much as a head coach would be. What he is very guilty of and what he is being blamed for is his lying to everyone about having knowledge of these incidents. If he had stated that he knew about it, not much would be made about this. Jordan is possibly to become one of the most powerful people in our government. He should be above this total dishonesty.
Seriously? Name ONE Politician who is above....... Anything. You cant, like unicorns and mermaids, they don't exist.

Jordan did nothing illegal....Joe Paterno did nothing illegal (although Paterno at least reported it before he ignored it). Jordan is famous for torching his political opponents...belittle, attack, ridicule. Of course he's getting hammered...He's made a career of hammering others. Live by the sword....
Bingo, we have a winner!

Are sure this was illegal back at that time? It's easy to see these things in hindsight, and I don't know if this abuse rose to the Sandusky level. At any rate. this doesn't look good for Jim Jordan, even though the timing of these recent revelations is highly suspect.

From the looks of this thread, if anything nefarious ever goes down at Iowa, Ben Berhow better watch his backside. SMH

Reactions: grapplefann

This may not be true. Who is considered a mandatory reporter has changed over the years. Paterno was not considered a mandatory reporter at the time in PA. He would be now because of a change in the law. Not sure what the laws are in Ohio.

They should put a ban on the president and his supporters. 9 refugees stabbed in Idaho today, but he president constantly calling refugees dangerous animals? Nothing to do with it.

Media is enemy of the people according to trump, media outlet gets shot up, liberals are to blame.

“Liberalism” isn’t a cancer to society.

Mediocre white men who worship at the alter of Trumps orange pecker are. Sorry, not sorry, but anytime I hear someone blame “liberalism” as if their political position (nationalism) isn’t infinitely worse, I feel the need to remind them that they simply have anger issues. Nothing more.

What?? No political comments??? What about your comments about republicans being "mediocre men worshiping at the altar of Trumps orange pecker"

What an ignorant arrogant turd you are but you do make me laugh.

Last edited:
Terry Crews situation is a bit different IMO...he still had a choice but he would have been characterized as an angry, homophobic black dude had he given the douche a beatdown. What people don't know about Hollywood is it is governed by a large section of gay men who feel just as entitled as their hetero counterparts. Turns out, guys can be douches whether gay or straight.

Here is my theory on tOSU: The Doc was probably light in the loafers and acted like it. That's why he was characterized as "strange." This being the 80s and 90s, I'm betting "homo" jokes ensued whether he was doing something wrong or not. He could have just been a guy trying to do his job...he also could have been a meat gazer/grabber, who knows...the guy is dead. Years later, when all of this crap comes out about the MSU doc, all of a $udden the context of tho$e te$ticle check$ back in the day by that weird Doc at tO$U are a little different. Hard to believe at least one male athlete didn't give him a beatdown...at least not in those days. I sure as hell am not taking the the word of the two dbags that are out front on this from the wrestling team.

Access Hollywood tape:

<< ... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

"Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.">>
and - I give a crap? Access Hollywood is the last thing I would ever watch - just like Oprah, The View, The women's View, the Ladies View, Hoodah Koteb, and Kathy Lee. I first thought you were referring to William Jefferson Clinton and his escapades with 16 year old interns and lying under oath - and that woman Hilliary and all the people that died and she lied under oath and attempted to destroy government evidence. Good Point! Keep 'em coming! I suppose. So - some whore got paid and now you live your life to make it a big deal? on an Iowa Wrestling Forum? What kind of person goes that distance?

Last edited:
What?? No political comments??? What about your comments about republicans being 'mediocre men worshiping at the altar of Trumps orange pecker"

And he is wrong to correlate the 9 refugees in Idaho and Trump's "animals" (think MS-13) comment.

What?? No political comments??? What about your comments about republicans being 'mediocre men worshiping at the altar of Trumps orange pecker"

Orange pecker? WTF. How do you know?

and - I give a crap? Access Hollywood is the last thing I would ever watch - just like Oprah, The View, The women's View, the Ladies View, Hoodah Koteb, and Kathy Lee. I first thought you were referring to William Jefferson Clinton and his escapades with 16 year old interns and lying under oath - and that woman Hilliary and all the people that died and she lied under oath and attempted to destroy government evidence. Good Point! Keep 'em coming! I suppose. So - some whore got paid and now you live your life to make it a big deal?

This is not on topic, but Monica Lewinsky was 22 years old when she started interning at the White House. She wasn’t assaulted or molested. She had a consensual relationship with Bill Clinton.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT