ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Svoboda Tulane OC

Man it'd be nice to actually think of bringing in someone like this as a somewhat realistic possibility, but then again we all know this will never happen.

Partly. And things like him painting his fingernails with "**** UTAH" during the Pac 12 championship a few weeks ago.

And that crybaby was supposed to be in the post-game after today's game and couldn't sack up and represent the team after a loss. He bailed on the post game press conference.
Ok. So prima donna crybaby douche. That is a list of some classless behavior. Glad he lost. Grear ending to that game!

He's a mirror image of his HC and program.

Entitled, undisciplined, and soft.
That's why the Hawks punched em out in the Holiday Bowl Frosty. Bunch of I's
Different coach, same problems.
Kirk does put together a team of tough guys.
"These are 5 star guys!"
Still laugh my ass off at that one.
Remember the commentator saying that after USC scored their second td in the first? Lol

Wow the guy has a pretty impressive resumè and has put up points wherever he has gone.

Oh, and he’s from Denison, Iowa.

One could only wish.
I was just looking this guy up after watching the Tulane vs USC highlights! Let’s hire this coach! Somebody email Barta !

According to an Athletic article he actually isn't the OC. His duties were taken away from prior to the start of the season. The TE coach designed their current offense and is the real OC.

Partly. And things like him painting his fingernails with "**** UTAH" during the Pac 12 championship a few weeks ago.

And that crybaby was supposed to be in the post-game after today's game and couldn't sack up and represent the team after a loss. He bailed on the post game press conference.

I am still confused how he won the Heisman. He took a loaded roster and got to the title game... and lost.

Max Duggan is the MVP of this season. What he did at TCU was incredible.

Jon Mayr has credentials and is familiar with the team. I'd take him also but your choice is excellent.

Jon Mayr has credentials and is familiar with the team. I'd take him also but your choice is excellent.
You mean Jon Budmayr?

Lots of folks pretty high on him. I don't know anything about him other than from Wiki, but he's only been a paid coach for 5 years. He was an OC for one year at Colorado St and they finished 97th in scoring.

Happy to have him on the staff, but not seeing how he is qualified to be an OC at Iowa, other than he's likely better than BF.

Man it'd be nice to actually think of bringing in someone like this as a somewhat realistic possibility, but then again we all know this will never happen.
IMO, a hire like this needs to happen. You need to get a successful OC that will interview and has the confidence to say, "This is the offense I run. This is the offense I believe in. These are the results." An OC outside of the program that has established himself with his own offense is what we need. PERIOD. Anyone outside of the program will interview Iowa as much as they are interviewing him.

Reactions: Bishop1971
That's why the Hawks punched em out in the Holiday Bowl Frosty. Bunch of I's
Different coach, same problems.
Kirk does put together a team of tough guys.
"These are 5 star guys!"
Still laugh my ass off at that one.
Remember the commentator saying that after USC scored their second td in the first? Lol
Good god, get a grip. That clown SC fired back then was out coached by our brutal simpleton staff. Riley took that same garbage, with a good qb, and turned it around in a year. If Riley was here, we wouldn’t be posting ‘ fire our coach and his dumb kid’ every other week.
Commentators lol, you listen to them? Remember the Orange Bowl when they said Iowa would shutout USC, Banks was better than Palmer, Kirk will out coach Carrol. Whoops.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkGem10 and GHawk
Good god, get a grip. That clown SC fired back then was out coached by our brutal simpleton staff. Riley took that same garbage, with a good qb, and turned it around in a year. If Riley was here, we wouldn’t be posting ‘ fire our coach and his dumb kid’ every other week.
Commentators lol, you listen to them? Remember the Orange Bowl when they said Iowa would shutout USC, Banks was better than Palmer, Kirk will out coach Carrol. Whoops.
Are you talking smack from 20 years ago? Good one. But don't we technically get that as a win? Did usc have to forfeit a bunch of games or did Reggie just give up his Heisman? I don't care how much he got paid, if cam Newton got to keep his Reggie should also.

You mean Jon Budmayr?

Lots of folks pretty high on him. I don't know anything about him other than from Wiki, but he's only been a paid coach for 5 years. He was an OC for one year at Colorado St and they finished 97th in scoring.

Happy to have him on the staff, but not seeing how he is qualified to be an OC at Iowa, other than he's likely better than BF.

97th! That is at least two more wins! Sign me up!

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

Tulane already promoted a new OC. Plus, Svoboda went to school at Northwestern College in Iowa. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
giphy.gif

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Yeah… that’s the guy I actually want, not someone who lost their job to a position coach
Yep. We should be able to hire, at the very least, the guy who designed the offense and called plays from a very good G5 offense. If that isn’t Svovoda, then why get him?

We are a proud Big Ten program with a lot of resources, and getting an OC from another P5 program is not too much to ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT