ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Barry Carroll in 1979. Glenn Robinson in 1994. Luka Garza in 2020.

Yep, clear cut national player of the year.

I really think he's going to get it too
And then the big question....does he have unfinished business at Iowa? What's in front of him? A possible B1G Championship; #1 on the Iowa All Time Scoring List; possible run at the Final 4. One more year with his buddies.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
And then the big question....does he have unfinished business at Iowa? What's in front of him? A possible B1G Championship; #1 on the Iowa All Time Scoring List; possible run at the Final 4. One more year with his buddies.
I not quite sure why people think Luka is leaving, I have yet to see him on any draft lists.

If Luka's goal is to play in the G-League, Europe, or Asia, he can leave now. If he wants a legit crack at the NBA, he needs one more year of seasoning.

Plus I really think he feels there's some unfinished business to attend to.

If Luka's goal is to play in the G-League, Europe, or Asia, he can leave now. If he wants a legit crack at the NBA, he needs one more year of seasoning.

That could be the position that a lot of players are in, after the abrupt end to this season. Who comes back, who decides to go for the coin....

I don't think a senior season will offer much help to his NBA draft status. He is what he is at this point. A scoring machine on the low block that has iffy athleticism. None of that is going to change. He may certainly come back because I think he is unlikely a high draft pick, but he isn't going to be a high draft pick playing another year at Iowa either.

I don't think a senior season will offer much help to his NBA draft status. He is what he is at this point. A scoring machine on the low block that has iffy athleticism. None of that is going to change. He may certainly come back because I think he is unlikely a high draft pick, but he isn't going to be a high draft pick playing another year at Iowa either.

Agreed. Scoring in college and scoring in the NBA are two very different things. He's a big college player, but 6'11, 250 is nothing special in the NBA as far as PFs and Cs go. The one thing that he can bring to the NBA is a good shooting range for a big man, which not everyone in the pros have. But his defensive capabilities and athleticism do have limitations and I don't think a single NBA club is willing to risk a first-round selection on him. He'll almost certainly end up somewhere as a second-rounder though.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT