ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Manchin might Re-register as a Democrat and Challenge for the Democratic nomination

he would beat Trump.
200w.gif

They should allow multiple people to throw their names in the hat for consideration. It would be wild if the democrats spit in the face of democracy 3 election cycles in a row and let the elites pick their candidate.

Manchin is the Dem we've all held our nose and accepted the last few years. As former Republican Tim Miller has said on Lib TV repeatedly, the choice was Manchin as senator from WV, or Senator Cletus Von Ivermectin from WV.
He is leaving the Senate, and needs a grift. He's 76 years old, and any funding he might find will come from the RNC, or Russia.
Hard pass.

Not sure how a person not currently registered a Democrat could be able to be in discussion for this by their bylaws. Seems like you would need to be registered Democrat at start of calendar year.

PS-he turns 77 next month😂

Reactions: millah_22
“ It would be wild if the democrats spit in the face of democracy 3 election cycles in a row.”

This part tool bag….
Yeah.. what about it? Truth upset you?

In 2016, the dems rigged it for Hillary by using superdelegates against Bernie.

In 2020, all the candidates dropped out, endorsed Biden, as soon as the primary momentum was building for Bernie.

Now they forced Joe Biden out despite receiving 87% in the primary.

The party of "democracy"

I don't get it. Everyone says Trump is an existential threat and in the next breath say that they couldn't support Mancin under any circumstances. So is existential threat not sufficient enough to warrant a little flexibility in terms of picking a winning candidate?

I don't get it. Everyone says Trump is an existential threat and in the next breath say that they couldn't support Mancin under any circumstances. So is existential threat not sufficient enough to warrant a little flexibility in terms of picking a winning candidate?
I get what you’re saying, but the guy literally left the Democratic Party.

Ten years from now they will say the Republican candidate for president is an existential threat and Donald Trump wasn’t so bad.

Reactions: Scruddy
I don't know, he might beat Trump but 30% of the Democratic party hates him. He's jobless after the next election. This might be his play to get a Cabinet position or something.

For the record: In an election where Trump is the opponent I would hold my nose and vote for him. At least he would keep the US in NATO, not let Putin run through Europe, and appoint sane judges to the courts. But I honestly don't think he would do much else. He's more of a status quo guy.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Ten years from now they will say the Republican candidate for president is an existential threat and Donald Trump wasn’t so bad.
Not 10 years, the next election. There's at least a dozen authoritarian fascists ready to pick up where Trump left off. Most of them are far more capable than Trump is as well.

Reactions: praguehawk
I get what you’re saying, but the guy literally left the Democratic Party.
I'm not exactly pushing Manchin as a viable candidate. I'm just saying that maybe, given the degree of fear brought on by the thought of a second Trump term, electability might be the most important factor in who the Dems s/b looking for as their standard bearer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT