ADVERTISEMENT

Joining a club in your community

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
I’m back in Iowa for thanksgiving for the first time in 25 years. My mom and dad joined Lions club last year therefore my dad committed to having us help serve thanksgiving lunch at the local church in the small town of Winfield.

We helped for 2 hours and i loved every moment of it. What a great way to just see people in the community that are in their later years.

So, anyone part of these organizations? What options are there?

We have a Moose lodge nearby. Mrs. Tradition has talking about seeing what they're all about. I told her we would be the youngest people there.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I was a moose lodge member once. At the time my parents and some other relatives of mine were members, and it was the closest bar to my first house. And the cheapest. At the time I lived with a special lady friend, but after we split it wasn't exactly a place I wanted to hang out at myself so I stopped renewing.

A large reason my parents were members was to get into the moose lodges down in Florida during the winter. There's a really cool one on the beach at Anna Maria Island that was usually a stop if they went down there for the day. A few others are scattered around the area in touristy spots and around their community.

Reactions: goldmom
I'm a Moose member. I love it. Cheap beer. Great food. Close to home. They play all the tavern games I like ..ticket draws and stuff. private pool league. Raise a lot of money for charity.

I'm one of the youngest members.

Does Alamo Seminole Club count? Each year we use the FSU vs UF game to gather toy donations for our local Elf Louise Foundation toy drive.

This year, we're doing it in unison with the UF Booster Club.

My Dad was in the Moose. Friday night Fish Fry during Lent was always goof food.

Yes but I can't talk about it.
giphy.gif

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT