ADVERTISEMENT

Joni's NFL response and Lyle from "Blazing Saddles"....

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Early in the movie, a foreman (Lyle played by Burton Gilliam) requested his workers (black and Chinese) sing while they worked. He said, "When you was slaves, you sang like birds. How about a good old ni**er work song?"
The workers moved threateningly towards the foreman, but were stopped and organized and sang a "work song" as requested.....but it was the wrong song (I Get a Kick.."), according to the bosses. The bosses told them what kind of "work song" they wanted to hear but the qorkers didn't understand. The bosses made a suggestion, and started to sing.....All the bosses started singing, the workers stood back and watched as the white bosses sang and danced badly........
Blazing Saddles was made in 1974...probably before many of you were born.....You need to watch it. It is Mel Brook's genius commentary on race relations in America...than and today.
Joni just doesn't get it. At all. As the case with many here. I can only suggest to watch "Blazing Saddles" and enjoy it.

GzkdGV0.png

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here? I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not jump around like a bunch of Kansas City ******s!

Reactions: JWolf74
Richard Pryor was also a writer on that film and was supposed to play Sheriff Bart.

Mongo = Hawkeye

I recorded that movie and had my 2 sons watch it when they were 13/15. Within minutes my son looked at me and said "Holy crap that's racist!", with a look of pure shock. Lol. I explained to him that it was supposed to be racist as that was the joke of the movie. It's one of their favorite movies til this day. Mine too.

Reactions: jasonrann
Still lost on libtards comparison
To j earnst.
I agree about 105% with what she said.

Could someone, btw, explain what the hell this has to do with Joni Ernst? Or Joni Cunningham? Or whichever Joni is referenced in the op?

Reactions: DogBoyRy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT