ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix really impressed me...again

There’s a strong sentiment amoung some here that Dix should be playing more (+ 20m \ game) becuse of what you detail, legit 3 pt shooter, defender (even occasional at rim, the block and the blocking foul he drew)

displacing some perk and CMac minutes as a pure #2 shooting guard that can play D
I'd love to see Dix get some more minutes at the expense of Perkins. Saucy still makes me nervous when he's out there unless he's totally on fire like he was vs MD. CMac has exceeded all expectations thus far. He really is the ultimate glue guy for this team.

Reactions: Ree4 and KcTo
Very questionable. And if Dix plays 9 years in the NBA I’ll buy you a nice bottle of bourbon. 👍
Lol. Larry Bird was a terrible athlete, it wasn’t a prerequisite for playing in the NBA in the 80s and 90s. Did you see Hansen when he played at Iowa? He was not a great athlete.

• Haha
Reactions: Tunadog
He kicked my ass playing horse in my brother's back yard but that wasn't saying much 😃.
Really? that’s a good story

my high school buddy used to go to games and was such an unassuming guy, that he somehow struck up a relationship with Bird and McHale, they’d let him rebound for them during pregame shoot arounds, they were regular midwestern guys.

Lol. Larry Bird was a terrible athlete, it wasn’t a prerequisite for playing in the NBA in the 80s and 90s. Did you see Hansen when he played at Iowa? He was not a great athlete.
I watched Hansen since his Dowling days, when he played every position on the court. I’m done arguing with you after this and I’ll let you have the last word. He was a damn good athlete. Again, at 6-6, he was a defensive stopper of the other teams shooting guards who in almost all cases are really good athletes. Wake me up when Dix gets a cup of coffee in the league.

He really impressed me by passing up on the 3 pointer in the second half. His body wasn't set for the shot and he seemed to recognize it and didn't force it. That is definitely high basketball iq to me.
Yes, I noticed what you said as his feet were not in a good position on that catch and he probably needed a dribble to reset for a shot but he chose to keep the ball moving.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I watched Hansen since his Dowling days, when he played every position on the court. I’m done arguing with you after this and I’ll let you have the last word. He was a damn good athlete. Again, at 6-6, he was a defensive stopper of the other teams shooting guards who in almost all cases are really good athletes. Wake me up when Dix gets a cup of coffee in the league.

Yeah, Dix is no Hansen...yet. ;)

Time will tell.

He's a better shooting Connor Mac......which is a good thing. Been pretty impressed how Dix can handle the point. Didn't expect that.

Would you agree that Dasonte Bowen, in the preseason, appeared to be the freshman who would be playing the most and having the most impact?

Dix has been a very pleasant surprise, indeed.

He's a better shooting Connor Mac......which is a good thing. Been pretty impressed how Dix can handle the point. Didn't expect that.
And Dix will be forced to produce with out playing the majority of his career just passing too:

Garza
Keegan
Wieskamp
Kris
Jobo

not going to have the assist to TO ratio with out having all of these “league“ players
and B1G all time 3 point shooter.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Last word.

I've been focusing on him quite a bit defensively and I think he's been excellent. He hasn't let anyone "blow by him", one guy did get past him but he blocked his shot. Defending the 3, I didn't see anyone make one over him. He's got long arms and decent quickness, for a freshman I'd say his defense if very much above average.

I agree with you. I think he's been very solid on D, too. I am surprised because I thought he'd still be kinda slowed from the injury.

Will Fran trust him and give him more minutes?

Hansen was an outstanding athlete - good enough to be the one that Lute called on to try and check Dr. Dunkenstein when he was going off against Iowa in the semi-finals. As a freshman, I believe. At this point there is no comparison in defensive abilities between him and Dix.

And Dix will be forced to produce with out playing the majority of his career just passing too:

Garza
Keegan
Wieskamp
Kris
Jobo

not going to have the assist to TO ratio with out having all of these “league“ players
and B1G all time 3 point shooter.
Did you ever stop to consider that the person getting them the ball at the right time and in the right spot may deserve just a bit of the credit? If not, you know very little about the game and the importance of ball movement and passing.

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks10 and KcTo
Did you ever stop to consider that the person getting them the ball at the right time and in the right spot may deserve just a bit of the credit? If not, you know very little about the game and the importance of ball movement and passing.
OK, What ever you say Mrs McCaffery…

No offense, but did you see Hansen at Iowa? He was a great athlete. He was an elite defender in the NBA, too. You cannot be that good defensively if you are a stiff.

Reactions: littlez and Tunadog
Hansen was an outstanding athlete - good enough to be the one that Lute called on to try and check Dr. Dunkenstein when he was going off against Iowa in the semi-finals. As a freshman, I believe. At this point there is no comparison in defensive abilities between him and Dix.

How many NBA titles did Bobby win with MJ?

Typical response from a basketball dimwit. The real game is not a video game and the more you try to insult your way out of this, the more obvious it is you know very little.
OK, you win, the reason Luka, Keegan, Wieskamp and jobo were successful was ball movement and connors passing, got it, (don’t take life so seriously)

First of all, if you can call someone who could play and dominate an entire NBA game with his off hand, just because, a "terrible athlete", then good for you. Most people can't wipe their arse with their off hand. Secondly, you obviously have never watched Hansen play and are just making an assumption.

Reactions: Tunadog
OK, you win, the reason Luka, Keegan, Wieskamp and jobo were successful was ball movement and connors passing, got it, (don’t take life so seriously)
I never once said that it was THE reason, I said it played a part. You seem to not want to give it any.

Shouldn't you be complaining about Fran and his minutes for Mulvey?
Actually, Fran has adjusted and played Mulvey in 5 of last 7 B1G games, so that is credit to Fran, nicely done,

I did quite appropriately criticized Fran for his abject brain cramp at MSU when he failed to use his bench , including Mulvey, and we saw how that was an epic failure down the stretch.

I think mulvey has played well when asked (not perfectly as seems to be the standard he’s held to here) and should give Rebraca rest every half and should be in the court most times when Rebraca is out.( recall the epic meltdown when Fran pulled Rebraca for Kingsbury and Wi went from down 6 to up 3 in 3 minutes)

First of all, if you can call someone who could play and dominate an entire NBA game with his off hand, just because, a "terrible athlete", then good for you. Most people can't wipe their arse with their off hand. Secondly, you obviously have never watched Hansen play and are just making an assumption.
I had a really bad wrist injury last year and you are 100% correct. I could barely wipe left-handed. It was a complete nightmare. I'm so thankful now that i can wipe with my right hand and anyone who thinks I'm lying just try it for 1 week. That's all I'm saying.

I watched him play for 4 years at Iowa, so don’t make dumbass assumptions about me. Not sure why everyone is butt hurt because Bobby wasn’t a great athlete. He was a great basketball player and defender, but he wasn’t even the 3rd or 4th best athlete on the final four team. Lester, Arnold, Brookins and Boyle were more athletic.

I watched him play for 4 years at Iowa, so don’t make dumbass assumptions about me. Not sure why everyone is butt hurt because Bobby wasn’t a great athlete. He was a great basketball player and defender, but he wasn’t even the 3rd or 4th best athlete on the final four team. Lester, Arnold, Brookins and Boyle were more athletic.
The only thing dumbass about this is you thinking Kenny Arnold, Kevin Boyle, and even Ronnie Lester were better athletes than Hansen. Pretty sure people are in your words, butthurt, because of the moronic stance you’re taking about him being a poor athlete.

The only thing dumbass about this is you thinking Kenny Arnold, Kevin Boyle, and even Ronnie Lester were better athletes than Hansen. Pretty sure people are in your words, butthurt, because of the moronic stance you’re taking about him being a poor athlete.
Amen brother

The only thing dumbass about this is you thinking Kenny Arnold, Kevin Boyle, and even Ronnie Lester were better athletes than Hansen. Pretty sure people are in your words, butthurt, because of the moronic stance you’re taking about him being a poor athlet
Where did I say Hansen was a “poor athlete?” Maybe you should read, think and get permission from your conservator before posting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT