ADVERTISEMENT

Junior duals

Looks like team Iowa brought their A game today.
Carter Young (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Joel Jesuroga (Iowa)Dec 4-1​
3.0​
1​
Jordan Williams (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Caleb Rathjen (Iowa)Dec 8-7​
3.0​
1​
Jack Gaukel (Iowa) over Angelo Ferrari (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 10-5​
1​
3.0​
Aiden Riggins (Iowa) over John Wiley (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 7-4​
1​
3.0​
Gabe Mcgeough (Iowa) over Jaxon Randall (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 10-9​
1​
3.0​
Griffin Gammell (Iowa) over Samuel Schmidt (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
Wyatt Voelker (Iowa) over AJ Heeg (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 4-2​
1​
3.0​
Ben Kueter (Iowa) over emmanuel skillings (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
harley andrews (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Bradley Hill (Iowa)Dec 12-9​
3.0​
1​
Dru Ayala (Iowa) over Treshaun Tecson (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
Christian Forbes (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) vs Carson Doolittle (Iowa)​
0​
0​
Unknown (Unattached) vs Unknown (Unattached)​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

138​
Carter Young (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)over Joel Jesuroga (Iowa)Dec 4-1​
3.0​
1​
145​
3.0​
1​
152​
Jack Gaukel (Iowa) over Angelo Ferrari(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 10-5​
1​
3.0​
160​
Aiden Riggins (Iowa) over John Wiley(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 7-4​
1​
3.0​
170​
Gabe Mcgeough (Iowa) over Jaxon Randall(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 10-9​
1​
3.0​
182​
0​
4.0​
195​
Wyatt Voelker (Iowa) over AJ Heeg(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 4-2​
1​
3.0​
220​
Ben Kueter (Iowa) over emmanuel skillings(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
285​
3.0​
1​
100​
Dru Ayala (Iowa) over Treshaun Tecson(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
106​
Christian Forbes (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Carson Doolittle (Iowa)Dec 14-5​
3.0​
1​
113​
Nathanael Jesuroga (Iowa) over Guy Clevenger (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 14-2​
1​
4.0​
120​
Eli Griffin (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Chad Bellis (Iowa)TF 12-0​
4.0​
0​
126​
Drake Ayala (Iowa) over Jayce Caviness(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 13-2​
1​
4.0​
132​
Ryder Block (Iowa) over Jordan Cullors (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) TF 15-4​
1​
4.0​
Iowa beats Oklahoma 40-23

4 Days of IOWA showing the US we are back and we are the best. Not even close really. They went 15-1 over the 4 days and only loss was a 1 point loss to GA in Greco. Freestyle team never really even had a challenge. Iowa had many AA a hand full of unbeatens also the highest point getter in Greco was Iowa 119 points.
I see this trend going for the next few years.
Bring on Fargo!

138​
Carter Young (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)over Joel Jesuroga (Iowa)Dec 4-1​
3.0​
1​
145​
3.0​
1​
152​
Jack Gaukel (Iowa) over Angelo Ferrari(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 10-5​
1​
3.0​
160​
Aiden Riggins (Iowa) over John Wiley(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 7-4​
1​
3.0​
170​
Gabe Mcgeough (Iowa) over Jaxon Randall(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 10-9​
1​
3.0​
182​
0​
4.0​
195​
Wyatt Voelker (Iowa) over AJ Heeg(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)Dec 4-2​
1​
3.0​
220​
Ben Kueter (Iowa) over emmanuel skillings(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
285​
3.0​
1​
100​
Dru Ayala (Iowa) over Treshaun Tecson(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 10-0​
0​
4.0​
106​
Christian Forbes (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Carson Doolittle (Iowa)Dec 14-5​
3.0​
1​
113​
Nathanael Jesuroga (Iowa) over Guy Clevenger (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 14-2​
1​
4.0​
120​
Eli Griffin (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) over Chad Bellis (Iowa)TF 12-0​
4.0​
0​
126​
Drake Ayala (Iowa) over Jayce Caviness(Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red)TF 13-2​
1​
4.0​
132​
Ryder Block (Iowa) over Jordan Cullors (Oklahoma Outlaws FS Red) TF 15-4​
1​
4.0​
Iowa beats Oklahoma 40-23

Splitting the first four matches really took the wind out of Okie's sails.

4 Days of IOWA showing the US we are back and we are the best. Not even close really. They went 15-1 over the 4 days and only loss was a 1 point loss to GA in Greco. Freestyle team never really even had a challenge. Iowa had many AA a hand full of unbeatens also the highest point getter in Greco was Iowa 119 points.
I see this trend going for the next few years.
Bring on Fargo!

Hats off to Sebolt, Big Game and the rest of the clubs who have really leveled up our state.

They had him drop down a weight to avoid Voelker???🤪 He has been wrestling 182 all year and doesn’t cut much to get there. They would have been morans to move him up for that match.
He wrestled 3 matches atc195 and 1 at 182 before this match...

Reactions: tigerguy_
He wrestled 3 matches atc195 and 1 at 182 before this match...
California B - did not wrestle
182 - Florida - W TF
182 -New Jersey - L Dec. 17-17
195 -Wisconsin - W Dec. 8-4 (182 also won)
195 -California - W TF (182 also won)
182 -Iowa - W TF
182 -Minnesota - L TF

Looks like he wrestled the 2 matches before Iowa at the weight(195) that helped the team the most, although I think he would have had a better shot at beating Short than Berge in that last dual.

Would it be worse or better if instead he said this before the tournament and asked teams to go easy on them?

Either way, someone’s wrestling spirit is looking a little lost.

I have know this guy for years and he is not a dbag, clown, or a fool. The post seems a bit out of character for him - that I will admit, but every program would love to have him on their staff. Ask Dan Dennis or Warner what they think of the guy. Lets try not to judge someone by a single post.

Reactions: just_somebody
I have know this guy for years and he is not a dbag, clown, or a fool. The post seems a bit out of character for him - that I will admit, but every program would love to have him on their staff. Ask Dan Dennis or Warner what they think of the guy. Lets try not to judge someone by a single post.
Medlin is a great guy and coach. That tweet is out of character for him. He's not a guy who celebrates much so I think the whole Winners win thing rubbed him the wrong way. The Winners Win shirts weren't made for the duals they've been around for months since before NCAAs. Iowa won this year and deserved it. Not sure the results change regardless of how much training IL got.

Reactions: lookleft goright
Definitely out of character for Medlin. One of the most respected coaches in the business. I'd give him a mulligan.

Medlin is mad cause Eric Shares put out a tweet that said “Iowa is folding Illinois like a cheap tent right now”. He feels the tweet is disrespectful. For me it would be the type of thing I would ignore. Medlin is being a little thin-skinned here.

Last edited:
For Illinois, it was Covid. For PA fans on social media, they sent a team but not the “real” team. Fellers reminded Coach Medlin that he doesn’t like this talk much either when it’s about Illinois:

I think Illinois and Minne do well at these things (Duals and Fargo) because they are good at wrestling and their overall state organizations have their sh*t together. Medlin has played a large role in Illinois’s success and this is why he got chippy.

It does not seem like Iowa puts much emphasis on the Greco team. I am not sure they even filed a whole roster.

For Illinois, it was Covid. For PA fans on social media, they sent a team but not the “real” team. Fellers reminded Coach Medlin that he doesn’t like this talk much either when it’s about Illinois:

I think Illinois and Minne do well at these things (Duals and Fargo) because they are good at wrestling and their overall state organizations have their sh*t together. Medlin has played a large role in Illinois’s success and this is why he got chippy.
Although the 1st part is true, the BOLDED part is spot on. I wish Michigan was even remotely close to them. We are usually quite competitive at Junior Duals, but still never truly bring our best top end squad across the weights. Even when we do get most of the top guys we end up spreading them across 2 to 3 teams because certain guys from certain team don't "mix well".

Happy to see Iowa had a hell of team go with Morningstar at the helm. That can't hurt recruiting one bit!

Telling tales out of school here, but I happen to play a silly video game on my phone with one of my kids, and we are in an Iowa 'clan' that has a heavy wrestling influence, including the families of some of the guys on the duals team.

I keep asking them for tidbits i can bring back here, but they have been tight-lipped so far... i'll keep trying :)

I wish Iowa/USA wrestling was half as organized and committed as Minn or Illinois.

i do not care how swell of a guy he is. what he said was meant to take away from what the iowa boys did. needs to apologize.

Reactions: rider57
i do not care how swell of a guy he is. what he said was meant to take away from what the iowa boys did. needs to apologize.
I agree. Fellers was spot on. He criticized others for making excuses in 2019 and now he makes excuses...but it’s different this time of course because only his excuses are legitimate.

Reactions: rider57
I wish Iowa/USA wrestling was half as organized and committed as Minn or Illinois.
I know illinois is very organized. I do find it amazing though that Texas, and Minny, and even North Dakota can send 2 teams, but Illinois doesn't. Iowa did a pretty good job this year of getting the best kids to wrestle this year and the results speak for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT