ADVERTISEMENT

Just 14% of Americans have received the updated covid vaccine.

zKbqzAY.jpeg

Reactions: dgordo
Most Americans aren't getting the covid boosters or flu shots.

I'd call that anti-vaccine.

The real harm from the massive politicization of antivax concerns (mainly by the GOP) is this spillover resistance to other vaccines.

For those feeling the need to leap to the defense of the GOP or blame Dems, remember that it's Trump who has talked about denying federal support to schools that mandate vaccines.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I am surprised it is that high. Nobody at work got it and my doctor said it was up to me, either way is fine. My wife’s doctor said she didn’t need it, she is healthy. And both doctors are Democrats and anti Trump. I was planning to get it but so far have not.
Same for me…I recently had my annual wellness physical and doc said it was up to me whether I wanted to get the vaccine…he certainly didn’t push it. As I get older, I may get one as I did get the initial two COVID vaccines and one booster.

You can not get the COVID vaccine and not be an "anti-vaxxer"...there is a middle ground between obsessed with a vaccine to an unhealthy point and all vaccines are bad. I don't need the COVID vaccine, but I did get the flu shot.

Less than 50% of Americans will get the flu shot. You do need the covid vaccine.

You're anti-vaccine, too, like most Americans.

No offense.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
The real harm from the massive politicization of antivax concerns (mainly by the GOP) is this spillover resistance to other vaccines.

For those feeling the need to leap to the defense of the GOP or blame Dems, remember that it's Trump who has talked about denying federal support to schools that mandate vaccines.

Have you seen this website?

Please define the context of your statement. Anti-vax implies all vaccines.

The term 'vaccine' has been redefined as well. What's your definition of a vaccine
Simply asking legitimate questions does not make you “anti” something. Proven, well-tested vaccines are an important immunological tool. They can save lives and help prevent disease. But all drugs aren’t the same.

The Covid therapy or treatment was rushed out (and wasn’t a vaccine by clinical definition). It takes time for a new drug to be properly tested both for efficacy and safety. It’s only reasonable to continue gathering data around it.

BTW I spent 8 years working for big pharma. A good deal of the negative stuff you read is true.

Simply asking legitimate questions does not make you “anti” something. Proven, well-tested vaccines are an important immunological tool. They can save lives and help prevent disease. But all drugs aren’t the same.

The Covid therapy or treatment was rushed out (and wasn’t a vaccine by clinical definition). It takes time for a new drug to be properly tested both for efficacy and safety. It’s only reasonable to continue gathering data around it.

BTW I spent 8 years working for big pharma. A good deal of the negative stuff you read is true.
What’s the funny part, Nole?

What’s the funny part, Nole?

Your claim the covid vaccine was "rushed" is misinformation.

Myth #1: The “fast-tracked” COVID-19 vaccines are risky because they were rushed.

Fact: The FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective and have gone through three phases of clinical trials as any other vaccine would. Time was saved during development through different strategies, for example manufacturing the vaccines during the same time as the trials. With over 50 million individuals already vaccinated, no serious side effects have emerged.

• Sad
Less than 50% of Americans will get the flu shot.

No offense.
ROTFL "no offense", but that's a pretty dumb take. Not getting the COVID-19 vax since 2020 doesn't make a person "anti-vax".

My Vaccination Records (this should get you pretty hard ;) ):
  • Anthrax (multiple doses)
  • Hepatitis A (Adult) (multiple doses)
  • Hepatitis B (Adult) (multiple doses)
  • Influenza (split virus, live intranasal, seasonal, whole) – multiple doses across various years
  • Meningococcal MPSV4
  • Yellow Fever Vaccine Live-Attenuated (YF-VAX)
  • Novel Influenza-H1N1-09
  • OPV (Oral Polio Vaccine)
  • PPD
  • Smallpox
  • Td (Adult), adsorbed
  • Tdap
  • Typhoid (oral and parenteral)
  • COVID-19 Pfizer
  • Recombinant Zoster Vaccine (RZV) (Shingles)

ROTFL "no offense", but that's a pretty dumb take. Not getting the COVID-19 vax since 2020 doesn't make a person "anti-vax".

My Vaccination Records (this should get you pretty hard ;) ):
  • Anthrax (multiple doses)
  • Hepatitis A (Adult) (multiple doses)
  • Hepatitis B (Adult) (multiple doses)
  • Influenza (split virus, live intranasal, seasonal, whole) – multiple doses across various years
  • Meningococcal MPSV4
  • Yellow Fever Vaccine Live-Attenuated (YF-VAX)
  • Novel Influenza-H1N1-09
  • OPV (Oral Polio Vaccine)
  • PPD
  • Smallpox
  • Td (Adult), adsorbed
  • Tdap
  • Typhoid (oral and parenteral)
  • COVID-19 Pfizer
  • Recombinant Zoster Vaccine (RZV) (Shingles)

Well, you're anti-covid vaxx.

I bet your doctor recommended you get it.

I cannot.

I did get covid on April 15 from my Father. It was pretty scary...I felt weak for 3 days. I still have a metallic taste in my mouth.

I had 5 Moderna vaccines at that point. If I didn't have the vaccines, it could have been much worse.
It “couid” have, but how do you know for certain how you would have fared without the vaccine?

Less than 50% of Americans will get the flu shot. You do need the covid vaccine.

No offense.
I don’t own an ATV nor do I own a boat.

I’m not ‘anti-ATV’ and I’m not ‘anti-boat’. I just don’t need them and I don’t want them.

Same way I feel about the covid injections. 🤷‍♂️

I already posted that she didn't back in July. Joes Place told me to ask again this fall...haven't seen her yet. Why do I need it? Mrs. Alaska just had COVID 2 weeks ago and breezed through it easier than a seasonal allergy. She nor I have any comorbidities that would make C-19 bad for us; however, our parents do so we encourage them to get the vax and they do.

Bottom line, wife's had it 2x and I've had it once and it was a non-event. Flu type B kicked my arse back in Feb, making C-19 look like a summer breeze. Not everyone is the same. I'm sorry C-19 apparently is deadly for you. Sounds like you're making the right choice for you.

I already posted that she didn't back in July. Joes Place told me to ask again this fall...haven't seen her yet. Why do I need it? Mrs. Alaska just had COVID 2 weeks ago and breezed through it easier than a seasonal allergy. She nor I have any comorbidities that would make C-19 bad for us; however, our parents do so we encourage them to get the vax and they do.

Bottom line, wife's had it 2x and I've had it once and it was a non-event. Flu type B kicked my arse back in Feb, making C-19 look like a summer breeze. Not everyone is the same. I'm sorry C-19 apparently is deadly for you. Sounds like you're making the right choice for you.

You need the covid vaccine to protect you from severe illness or death.

Why don't you think you need it?

The downside is so low.

• Sad

My doctor didn’t recommend the Covid booster for me…I’m quite healthy. In the past he had recommender the two shingles vaccines and tetanus shot, which I did take.

My doctor didn’t recommend the Covid booster for me…I’m quite healthy. In the past he had recommender the two shingles vaccines and tetanus shot, which I did take.

Did you ask your Doctor specifically about the covid vaccine?

How old are you?

Downside to the virus is also low,.. Not choosing the vaccine and rolling the dice on the virus is viewed as a valid approach by many.

Your claim the covid vaccine was "rushed" is misinformation.

Myth #1: The “fast-tracked” COVID-19 vaccines are risky because they were rushed.

Fact: The FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective and have gone through three phases of clinical trials as any other vaccine would. Time was saved during development through different strategies, for example manufacturing the vaccines during the same time as the trials. With over 50 million individuals already vaccinated, no serious side effects have emerged.

Nice article. I know a number of Drs who would disagree. The side effects and efficacy are still very much in question.

BTW before you slap a simplistic label on me as well, which you seem to enjoy doing… I get plenty of preventative shots.

Then your definition of anti-vax is much more expanded than most.

Would you say that most Americans have their standard vaccinations (except flu and Covid)?

Preaching to the choir. I have multiple big pharma and small pharma clients, and have a decent understanding of their R&D and manufacturing processes.

I believe in traditional vaccines, and even some newer versions of vaccines. For instance, I got the new shingles vaccine in April - May this year.

I haven't gotten any of the COVID boosters since my original Moderna doses because their efficacy and safety are unproven, and I still got COVID less than a year after the vaccine, and data emerged that the so-called vaccine neither prevents infection or spread. I got my second Covid 9 weeks ago, it lasted less than a week, I had mild symptoms, and the subsequent sinus infection was actually more annoying.

I have never gotten a flu vaccine, not because they are unproven, but because they are produced by making an educated guess on the predominate strain in any given year. I've only gotten a bad case of the flu once, and it wasn't the strain the vaccine targeted.

If I choose to get 1 vax, choose not to get another vax that might be worthwhile, and choose not to get a third vax because it's efficacy is limited and it might have worse side effects, I don't think that makes me anti-vax.

Preaching to the choir. I have multiple big pharma and small pharma clients, and have a decent understanding of their R&D and manufacturing processes.

I believe in traditional vaccines, and even some newer versions of vaccines. For instance, I got the new shingles vaccine in April - May this year.

I haven't gotten any of the COVID boosters since my original Moderna doses because their efficacy and safety are unproven, and I still got COVID less than a year after the vaccine, and data emerged that the so-called vaccine neither prevents infection or spread. I got my second Covid 9 weeks ago, it lasted less than a week, I had mild symptoms, and the subsequent sinus infection was actually more annoying.

I have never gotten a flu vaccine, not because they are unproven, but because they are produced by making an educated guess on the predominate strain in any given year. I've only gotten a bad case of the flu once, and it wasn't the strain the vaccine targeted.

If I choose to get 1 vax, choose not to get another vax that might be worthwhile, and choose not to get a third vax because it's efficacy is limited and it might have worse side effects, I don't think that makes me anti-vax.

The Pope disagrees. Just saying since you're on the Knights of Columbus.

Too reasonable. Just do as you’re told.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT