ADVERTISEMENT

Just got back from Japan

My Alpine 7618 with remote and CD Shuttle control was built in Japan in 1991.
I am a collector of audio-bikes-toys from the 60's 70's and 80's. when things went from usa, to japan...it wasn't bad at all. it's when they went to taiwan and china, that's where the downhill portion of our story begins...

I have a picker who claims he don't know this...the china part of problem, I've known him close to 15 years.... constantly sending me photos of stuff at a goodwill form china.... I am constantly telling him, "remember, japan and usa.... that is china!!" not interested. he acts like he doesn't get it. he gets it when it comes to pioneer stereos and tube amps and such, just apply it to bikes and toys, same deal.

Reactions: Ferentz_Fan
Coincidentally, my son found out today from Iowa that his student teaching assignment for his spring semester has been approved and he'll be heading to Japan for it, not sure where yet, but he thinks it will likely be Okayama. My wife and I anticipated that he would be chosen for this so we are already planning a trip over at the end of his term so we can meet his class then travel with him around the country (I want to go to a sumo festival) then a quick side trip to Thailand to visit his classmate and friend who's doing a year long teaching study/assignment under a Rhodes scholarship there.

you love paying taxes and love regulations?
Not always but I’m not stupid enough to think that streets, schools, safe drinking water, fire, police, the military, parks and oh about another bajillion things are handed down by the Magical Bootstraps Fairy like you, Hitman and other knuckle dragging dipshits do.

But then, I’m kind of smart that way.

Coincidentally, my son found out today from Iowa that his student teaching assignment for his spring semester has been approved and he'll be heading to Japan for it, not sure where yet, but he thinks it will likely be Okayama. My wife and I anticipated that he would be chosen for this so we are already planning a trip over at the end of his term so we can meet his class then travel with him around the country (I want to go to a sumo festival) then a quick side trip to Thailand to visit his classmate and friend who's doing a year long teaching study/assignment under a Rhodes scholarship there.
He's going to have an eye opening experience. Good for him.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT