ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kadyn Proctor expected to transfer back to Alabama

Why? If adults want to give him money to play football he should take it.

In 10-20 years that money will be damn handy when buying a home and raising a family.

Who gives two shits about your football watching experience and mood? Which is all any of this is about. The school and coach suffers zero. Kirk still gets millions of dollars and the school still gets hundreds of millions of dollars.

NIL ruins people’s moods because part of their self worth is tied to the performance of a football team. The funny thing is the participants don’t give a damn about those tying their self worth to it.
I don’t know, I guess I was raised differently, and try not to screw the same people over multiple times. The staff invests a significant amount of time putting resources into putting the team in the best situation to be successful. This young man twice has put the Iowa staff and team, one of which is supposedly his best friend in bad spots.

Eventually you have to think about others to some extent in the decisions you make in life otherwise you end up walking through life alone. It speaks volumes that he attending at least 3 women’s basketball games by himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whinny
Why? If adults want to give him money to play football he should take it.

In 10-20 years that money will be damn handy when buying a home and raising a family.

Who gives two shits about your football watching experience and mood? Which is all any of this is about. The school and coach suffers zero. Kirk still gets millions of dollars and the school still gets hundreds of millions of dollars.

NIL ruins people’s moods because part of their self worth is tied to the performance of a football team. The funny thing is the participants don’t give a damn about those tying their self worth to it.
You're not wrong.

Honestly, it's this kind of shit that's going to ultimately drain fan attendance, to some varying degree, for college football.

I don’t know, I guess I was raised differently, and try not to screw the same people over multiple times. The staff invests a significant amount of time putting resources into putting the team in the best situation to be successful. This young man twice has put the Iowa staff and team, one of which is supposedly his best friend in bad spots.

Eventually you have to think about others to some extent in the decisions you make in life otherwise you end up walking through life alone. It speaks volumes that he attending at least 3 women’s basketball games by himself.
Who is he screwing over?
Not Kirk ($$$$$$)
Not the school ($$$$$$$$)

A fan? Same ones that boo and bash them on social media for disappointing play?

He is hurting nobody financially. At most he is affecting people’s mood.

Maybe people should stay at their jobs that don’t pay as much as other jobs because it might affect the mood of coworkers. Roflmao.

NCAA can likely pass rules that change the dates when kids transfer. That’s the solution and the only solution. Anything else is a 100% loser in court.

Last edited:
Who is he screwing over?
Not Kirk ($$$$$$)

Maybe people should stay at their jobs that don’t pay as much as other jobs because it might affect the mood of coworkers. Roflmao.

NCAA can likely pass rules that change the dates when kids transfer. That’s the solution and the only solution. Anything else is a 100% loser in court.
With the limited power the NCAA has, I will not be surprised if it gets to a point a player can transfer anytime he wants to. All it takes is a player taking it to court, that it limits his opportunity to change colleges.

Who is he screwing over?
Not Kirk ($$$$$$)

His punishment, and I take solace in that he has cemented his legacy at Iowa and will never wear the black and gold with his brothers for a game at Kinnick. So be it Jedi, sniff!

Used his Iowa $$ so that he could afford to go on his Spring Break trip with his Alabama friends....cool...

And that is why I won't donate money to pay players who already get free tuition, room & board, and already get spending money.

Used his Iowa $$ so that he could afford to go on his Spring Break trip with his Alabama friends....cool...

And that is why I won't donate money to pay players who already get free tuition, room & board, and already get spending money.
This. Now that athletes are paid they should have to pay all listed above.
Semi pro is what college athletics has turned into.

This. Now that athletes are paid they should have to pay all listed above.
Semi pro is what college athletics has turned into.
Which is exactly why this may wind up just like college baseball (amateurs) and the minors (pros). The only reason this has not happened yet is because all parties involved know they will loss a ton of $$$ if/when this happens. Imagine if the total revenue becomes what is equal to college baseball and the minors? Ouch.

Nope. I know people who do however.

I’m not paying for 18-23 year old kids to play college sports.
That's your choice however don't squawk about how others including me choose to spend ours.

Also, not one peep out of you this coming season regarding the W/L column or the play on the field, you forfeited that when you bailed on doing something about it.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
But you'll pay KF milions?
Take out the name, one has 30+ years of coaching experience at different levels and has positively impacted thousands of player and coaches lives.

I do however like your go ahead and bang my relative next attitude. Play on playa!

The $$ entering college football has made it much worse faster than I could have thought. I get a one time transfer or for special occasions but that has also cheapened the sport. From here on out it only seems the sport will get worse because of this unfortunately.

Good thing his stellar family isn't in the organized crime business. Screwing honest people out of 100k, shame on them and F them, I hope they stay in the gutter.
However, fortunately Proctor didn’t actually get anything close to $100K from the Iowa Swarm.

Last edited:
Take out the name, one has 30+ years of coaching experience at different levels and has positively impacted thousands of player and coaches lives.

I do however like your go ahead and bang my relative next attitude. Play on playa!
What about permanent football injuries for your entertainment?

Huh? Courts have already ruled on NIL restrictions and transferring restrictions.

NIL lawsuit

Transfer lawsuit
Would it be possible to make any penalties for multiple transfers apply to the school instead of the player? If they play a player who transfers multiple times they forfeit those games? Penalize the school and let them decide whether to play him or not.

Would it be possible to make any penalties for multiple transfers apply to the school instead of the player? If they play a player who transfers multiple times they forfeit those games? Penalize the school and let them decide whether to play him or not.
There should be a rule in a case like this where the school gets comped say $500k into the athletics fund from the school who takes them.

However, fortunately Proctor didn’t actually get anything close to $100K from the Iowa Swarm.
Actually, we don’t know. All Brad has said was the amount was “not that much” and that it was 15% of the total amount that had been committed to KP. But 15% of what? We don’t know, and Brad can’t say.

But, for example, if KP’s deal was to be in excess of $700K, the $100K figure could be accurate.

Bottom line: We don’t know, and we probably won’t know. And as others have suggested, it probably doesn’t matter. He’s gone either way.

Reactions: kkhawk
There should be a rule in a case like this where the school gets comped say $500k into the athletics fund from the school who takes them.
[/QUOTE
I seriously hope I'm never at a place in life when the decision of an 18/19 year old on where they're going to go to school affects me this much, lol.
For me it’s not about the actions of any particular player, it’s what the schools, conferences and courts are doing to ruin a game I’ve enjoyed for decades. If they were to all sit down together and draw up a plan to ruin the game as we knew it, they couldn’t have done it any better.

I think it would be worthwhile for schools to calculate the total investment they make in each player. Not only would this number include things like tuition, room, and board, but it would include estimates for the value of the strength training and personal coaching each player receives. It would include the value of any clothing, attire, or other equipment players get to keep. It would include the value of trips teams take — such as trips to Europe, or to bowl games. It would include an estimate for the value of the academic tutoring and career counseling available to college athletes.

Having this number would do two things:
  1. It would shed new light on the true compensation that college athletes are already receiving, and serve as a baseline to evaluate what additional compensation is fair.
  2. It could provide guidance for a potential system (as suggested in the post above) for compensation that schools receiving transfers could pay schools losing transfers. I certainly think it’s reasonable for schools to be compensated for the investments they are making in athletes, should the athletes exercise their right to move on.

Reactions: DewHawk
You kind of missed something there....KID.....trying to deal with a mans world in a mans body.

The other part, there is likely some truth behind the complaints about the Iowa problems in multiple facets and it would be shocking. I walked off the job on the first day before. Life happens.

What about character flaws in middle aged men coming on a public forum and blasting a 19 yo?
Stuck to farming, "kid"

Who is he screwing over?
Not Kirk ($$$$$$)

What about recruits or transfers we turned away? What about the Bama kid who took 1st team reps in Spring practice?

I’m afraid that’s above my pay grade, friend. I think like others have said that unionizing and pro-style contracts are going to be the long term solution.

Things like this are going to happen everywhere eventually in big time college football, and a lot of fans will simply vote with their wallets to not be a part of it. How excited and proud will you be as a fan when your “team” full of nothing but high paid mercenaries who have zero invested in the University except for it being an ATM, wins a championship? The Student Athlete is all but extinct in D1 sports, and the college experience has become semi pro. Sad. Totally fvcked actually.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Taking the high road doesn’t have to entail saying “we wish him well.”
Why not? Would you rather have Kirk say 'eat shit and die' to KP? That would be pretty immature and out of character for a classy, veteran coach, don't you think?

Maybe you don't understand the concept of being gracious and self-controlled.

Why not? Would you rather have Kirk say 'eat shit and die' to KP? That would be pretty immature and out of character for a classy, veteran coach, don't you think?

Maybe you don't understand the concept of being gracious and self-controlled.
It feels like it was a KF jab by mentioning it the day of. When is the last time he made a statement on the same day? Also shaming KP by saying it was disappointing and being the bigger man by wishing him well. Still classy by KF and low class by KP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT