ADVERTISEMENT

KCCI reports that speed cams are going to be installed on I-80 in Newton and Grinnell.

They just reduce speeds up to the point you go thru them.

I dont know how many times i see people slowing down to the speed limit right before the 380 cams through CR, speed back up once they are through until the next one.

Also, i believe semi’s dont get ticketed either through CR, so if a semi goes 67 through a speed camera in a 55 zone, no big deal for them
The camera placement at the S curve in CR is the exact point people need to slow down.

Your credit report will reflect debts that have been turned over to a collection agency. An “account sent to collection” appearing on your credit report will lower your credit score. The lower your credit score, the less likely you’ll get a favorable interest rate when applying for credit.

So … it can.
It can't.

I don’t think this is 100% accurate. Pretty sure that if an account is turned over to a colllection agency and the amount at issue exceeds a threshold amount (maybe $100?), the collection agency can report it as an unpaid debt turned over to collections.
I know you're an attorney so you probably have a more qualified guess than me. One of my best friends is a business owner that sells a lot of merchandise on account and he routinely uses collections agencies to recoup bad debts. So what I said was based on a very recent conversation we had on this subject. He said in no way can he actually impact anyone's credit score without establishing an actual credit contract, which requires at least a social security number.

Like I said, not my first hand knowledge, but it does come from a very close friend that does directly use collections agencies to try to recoup past due amounts.

But it isn't a debt that you've signed onto?

Is this codified in Iowa law? If so, where?

Anytime you have an account you owe on it can be reported to a credit agencies.

You don’t have to agree to parking tickets. If you get them, you owe, and if you refuse to pay it will effect your credit whether you agree or not.

I know you're an attorney so you probably have a more qualified guess than me.

I spent a summer during undergrad working for the Credit Practices Division at the Federal Trade Commission. Spent the majority of my time assisting with investigating scam companies which claimed that they “could clean up your credit report.”

While it has now been a long time ago, I feel like I’ve got a pretty good feel for how the 3 agencies work and what can mess with a person’s credit score.

Suffice it to write, I’ve developed a very good credit score and I have zero intention of ignoring unpaid parking tickets to test whether the issuing agency is going to get a collections agency involved which might report the debt to Experian, Equifax or TRW.

The camera placement at the S curve in CR is the exact point people need to slow down.
Sure, but you get to the first camera before the S curve and everybody slows down just to speed bsck up until they get to the next camera at the other end of the S curve.

Nothing really slowing people down through the S curve

Sure, but you get to the first camera before the S curve and everybody slows down just to speed bsck up until they get to the next camera at the other end of the S curve.

Nothing really slowing people down through the S curve
@RileyHawk

Since you are in with the laughing emoji, do you live in CR and drive through the S curve often?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT