ADVERTISEMENT

Kelsey Plum Assists v. Clark

Eh, I don't want to compare them like that, its just a narrative you're talking yourself into.

But lets look at some uber stats. Plum had 35.4 Win Shares in her career. Caitlin sits at 34.9 right now, in 20 less games than Plum.

CC's WS per 40 minutes is .341, while Plum was .272.

both great players indeed, but what CC is doing is just absurd.

She literally is the entire Iowa offense
Aaah, have you actually been watching the Iowa's women's games? (last night's game was 64-50 without Clark's points, with no accounting for the potential points obtainable on those possessions when Clark closed the possession with points. ) Iowa has been winning by an average of, give or take, 25 points in games where Clark is averaging 30. Iowa would have made up the difference in several games when you add in the Clark scoring possessions. Sure their record would not be 17-1, but it would not 6-12 either!

Reactions: herkhatescy
Aaah, have you actually been watching the Iowa's women's games? (last night's game was 64-50 without Clark's points, with no accounting for the potential points obtainable on those possessions when Clark closed the possession with points. ) Iowa has been winning by an average of, give or take, 25 points in games where Clark is averaging 30. Iowa would have made up the difference in several games when you add in the Clark scoring possessions. Sure their record would not be 17-1, but it would not 6-12 either!
Iowa would be a .500 team at best without Clark

I never really watched Plum play but I’m just as impressed with what CC has done off the court. She takes more time for the fans than any other player I’ve ever seen men or women and it’s not even close. And she’s doing it on the road as well as at home, plus the golf course (John Deere Classic) and I’m sure many other places she goes. With that being said I’m sixty and used to watch Tennessee and UCONN when they were tearing it up and I’ve never seen any individual play the way she does! So glad she’s a Hawk!

Eh, I don't want to compare them like that, its just a narrative you're talking yourself into.

But lets look at some uber stats. Plum had 35.4 Win Shares in her career. Caitlin sits at 34.9 right now, in 20 less games than Plum.

CC's WS per 40 minutes is .341, while Plum was .272.
The real important numbers that people should know about.............

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I never really watched Plum play but I’m just as impressed with what CC has done off the court. She takes more time for the fans than any other player I’ve ever seen men or women and it’s not even close. And she’s doing it on the road as well as at home, plus the golf course (John Deere Classic) and I’m sure many other places she goes. With that being said I’m sixty and used to watch Tennessee and UCONN when they were tearing it up and I’ve never seen any individual play the way she does! So glad she’s a Hawk!
I hadn’t seen Plum either, so here is her NCAA tournament highlight tape. I’m not good at dissecting basketball, but I really thought that Plum didn’t face the defensive intensity that Clark does. Plum did score in many ways and showed the ability to blow by people for layups.

Plum had a high of 4.8 assists in her junior year. Clark had an average of almost 9 last year. The point is, if Clark "shot 40 times" a game she would have climbed to first in scoring already or close to it. The way she trusts her teammates is pretty amazing. A ball hog she is not!

Assists also help Clark's offensive numbers,.. It's much easier to defend someone who never gives up the ball.

When you have 5 players scoring in double figures, I think there is more to the offense than just Caitlin Clark.

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT