ADVERTISEMENT

kemerer leaving Iowa for spartan combat

A little late to this one, but happy form Kem, one of my all time favorite wrestlers. Carried himself well and represented Iowa as at the highest level. I don't think there is a lot of "daily grind" wrestling in his future, but he will be an amazing coach.

As for Iowa City, I have lived all over this country, out west, down south, the north east, in large cities and rural areas. I grew up in IC and moved back there after living in Denver and Memphis and left again. Depending on what you like to do, IC has as much going on as nearly anywhere. It's a great place and unless you live in a total shithole area, from area to area, this country is pretty homogenized. Nice is nice and not is not.

HWC needs to get something going with this graduating class. HWC was instrumental in the women's club movement, and then let it slip away. we started the process of bringing in outside talent to train and then we stopped. Our track record in the Brands era is not great and the highlights seem over shadowed by underachieving results from Gilman and Metcalf. In the last 2 years we have had no legit challengers. Donors deserve to know where their money is going and demand participation and results. We are financed like a top tier club but produce zero results. Can't imagine both of those things coexisting for much longer.

You're completely wrong.

He's moving to Ithaca (Cornell) and will both compete and coach (at Cornell). What are you smoking sir?
The way I read the Flo release is he will be a resident athlete and assistant Coach for the RTC. What that all entails I have no idea.

I think there is a multitude of reasons why Kemdawg would do this, and I don't think any of them is because he thinks Iowa City or the HWC sucks. He appears to be taking a big picture approach, with many factors and that's what he chose as best for him, and perhaps his gal and both of their Families.

Guy has been a great Hawk. Hope he has great success in whatever he does.

Last edited:
You're completely wrong.

He's moving to Ithaca (Cornell) and will both compete and coach (at Cornell). What are you smoking sir?
Did you notice that there is *nothing* on Cornell's web site, nor anything put out by Cornell about this? It's because Cornell has nothing to do with it. Kemerer joined Spartan Combat RTC, which is *not* part of Cornell, although they share the same facilities. FFS, the Cornell coaches are head coach Grey, associate head coach Vinson, assistant coach Russell, and volunteer coach Gwiz. All in their first years. Kemerer will not now nor (most likely) in the future be on the Cornell staff.

• Haha
Reactions: pumpdog20
Are you aware that the Spartan RTC room is about 100 feet from the Cornell room ? And that Gwiz currently does exactly what I said.
Am I aware? Of course. Does that make "Spartan RTC" the same as Cornell? Of course not. Gwiz is the volunteer assistant coach on Cornell's staff. Kemerer is not and will not be a Cornell coach. Is Dan Dennis on the Iowa coaching staff?

• Haha
Reactions: pumpdog20
Am I aware? Of course. Does that make "Spartan RTC" the same as Cornell? Of course not. Gwiz is the volunteer assistant coach on Cornell's staff. Kemerer is not and will not be a Cornell coach. Is Dan Dennis on the Iowa coaching staff?
Does he coach at Iowa? I said coach at Cornell . I didn't say he will be on staff currently. You said he will never be on staff. Didn't know Grey told you about the future already. He said he can't wait to help younger guys develop. If you want to hang on that he's not at Cornell then go ahead

Tell me you don't know how RTCs work without telling me you don't know how RTCs work.

Also. Don't be surprised when/if he ends up on Cornell's coaching staff. It seems Grey was the only coach who could convince Kem to compete. Because all of his other interviews he indicated he was done competing.

Tell me you don't know how RTCs work without telling me you don't know how RTCs work.

Also. Don't be surprised when/if he ends up on Cornell's coaching staff. It seems Grey was the only coach who could convince Kem to compete. Because all of his other interviews he indicated he was done competing.
Cael has no idea about the inner workings of the NLWC. PSU and NLWC are two different entities.

That's sarcasm for the folks who need guidance. University staffs and RTCs are tied at the hip with invisible rope.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Did I say he was good at finances? I responded to the absurd suggestion that Kemerer would be working with Palacio.

Living up to the cesspool moniker, I see.
Re: your first part - you should have responded to Grip then. You see Cornell being discussed and you came in here Willy-nilly like the Kool-Aid man

Re: your first part - you should have responded to Grip then. You see Cornell being discussed and you came in here Willy-nilly like the Kool-Aid man
Kool-Aid mon bus’ down the digital door and drop his kids, Ace and Deuce, in da ‘pool. Lol

Last edited:

C7FOjM.gif

It was so absurd I didn't bother responding to Grip. I was responding to someone who, for some odd reason, thought I made some comment about Palacio and finances.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Did I say he was good at finances? I responded to the absurd suggestion that Kemerer would be working with Palacio.

Living up to the cesspool moniker, I see.
YOU PEOPLE?! How absurd.

"Kemerer is way too intelligent to go to Dylan Palacio for advice on finance"

You come back with Palacio pinned kemerer when he was a freshman. What exactly does that have to do with Palacio being a good financial advisor for Kemerer? Absolutely nothing, you just wanted to get your little Big Red dig in.

Kem himself said he's joining Spartan and Cornell, so nobody should be surprised when you're right on this.

Going to be Dake’s new play toy. I kid but being paid to get whipped by someone everyday isn’t the worst gig in the world. At least not in freestyle.

Makes me sad that he is leaving but I support his decision 100%. He is one of my all time favorite Hawks. For sure my favorite to not win a National Title.

Best of luck to Kem at Spartan. It was a pleasure to watch him compete in the Hawkeye singlet. His win over Hall will remain an all-time favorite Carver moment for me.

Was really hoping he would stick around the HWC for the next Olympic cycle. I will still be rooting for the guy.
Yep…one of my all time faves! Minus injuries that kept stinging him I think he would have been a multi-time NCAA champ.

Reactions: eb05
YOU PEOPLE?! How absurd.

You come back with Palacio pinned kemerer when he was a freshman. What exactly does that have to do with Palacio being a good financial advisor for Kemerer? Absolutely nothing, you just wanted to get your little Big Red dig in.

YOU PEOPLE?! How absurd.

giphy.gif

Best of luck to Michael Kemerer. After 7 years in the same place, getting new coaching and new training partners seems like a smart move. Hope to see him wrestling again soon.

Reactions: el dub
Has anyone checked on those Baha Men to see if they are ok?! I assume they are PISSED… Heck, they made a huge scene when someone simply let the dogs out! Can’t imagine how much of a wad their undies will be in now that the dog ran away…

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Did you notice that there is *nothing* on Cornell's web site, nor anything put out by Cornell about this? It's because Cornell has nothing to do with it. Kemerer joined Spartan Combat RTC, which is *not* part of Cornell, although they share the same facilities. FFS, the Cornell coaches are head coach Grey, associate head coach Vinson, assistant coach Russell, and volunteer coach Gwiz. All in their first years. Kemerer will not now nor (most likely) in the future be on the Cornell staff.

My goodness. The continued ignorance on display in this thread. Spartan is Cornell's RTC. Period.

The HWC has an identity problem.

Has anyone checked on those Baha Men to see if they are ok?! I assume they are PISSED… Heck, they made a huge scene when someone simply let the dogs out! Can’t imagine how much of a wad their undies will be in now that the dog ran away…
In the Brands interview on Stalemates, do you think any of the discussion of loyalty/accountability related to the chain of information that led to Pat Mineo's incorrect statement about Kemerer being done for the year about the time of the dual where your brother was purported to start?

Wasn't it shortly after that, that Coach Brands made his statements advising "to stay off the boards" and "social media personalities are being paid to sow disruption"?

Now that Kemerer is leaving Iowa, I wonder whether or not he:
  1. Was totally onboard with coming back at that particular dual; and,
  2. Responded to Pat Mineo's tweet only after consulting with Coach Brands.

Spooner did you not see *not* in his response? He is serious!!!!
To recap…. Dude says it’s not. Spooner directly answers poster by saying it is. And now you question the validity of his response by claiming dude is serious. How am I doing so far?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT