ADVERTISEMENT

kemerer leaving Iowa for spartan combat

In the Brands interview on Stalemates, do you think any of the discussion of loyalty/accountability related to the chain of information that led to Pat Mineo's incorrect statement about Kemerer being done for the year about the time of the dual where your brother was purported to start?

Wasn't it shortly after that, that Coach Brands made his statements advising "to stay off the boards" and "social media personalities are being paid to sow disruption"?

Now that Kemerer is leaving Iowa, I wonder whether or not he:
  1. Was totally onboard with coming back at that particular dual; and,
  2. Responded to Pat Mineo's tweet only after consulting with Coach Brands.
I am going to respond to this with some of my thoughts after I get home from work. To start, if he was referring to the misinformation on Kemerer in that interview, who are you implying or who do you feel is the person who needed to get their loyalty in check with that?

When he said “stay off the boards,” who do you think he was alluding to there? It may have been me with that, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t know that myself or The pin Doctors existed until I had the public meltdown. I’ve never met him.

And to answer #1 real quick about whether I think Kemerer was on board with that decision, in short, YES… that was 100% Kemerer’s decision to wrestle that night. I fully believe that and have my thoughts as to why he made the decision he did when he did, but will probably keep those to myself.

will get back to you in more elaborate fashion in regards to this when I get the chance.

Spooner did you not see *not* in his response? He is serious!!!!
Yes I saw it. Hence my post.

In the Brands interview on Stalemates, do you think any of the discussion of loyalty/accountability related to the chain of information that led to Pat Mineo's incorrect statement about Kemerer being done for the year about the time of the dual where your brother was purported to start?

Wasn't it shortly after that, that Coach Brands made his statements advising "to stay off the boards" and "social media personalities are being paid to sow disruption"?

Now that Kemerer is leaving Iowa, I wonder whether or not he:
  1. Was totally onboard with coming back at that particular dual; and,
  2. Responded to Pat Mineo's tweet only after consulting with Coach Brands.

Already been covered by West2east so you can put your ton foil hat away.

Reactions: el dub
will get back to you in more elaborate fashion in regards to this when I get the chance
I likely misinterpreted your comment about the 'Baha Men' being pissed as possibly a case of schadenfreude.

Given inferences I have made only from what's been written on this board, I think it might be wise to just let my comment go a la Coach Brand's suggestion to stay off the board.

Kemerer can have many different reasons to go vs stay. I only wrote that I wondered (no tin foil hat required).

I likely misinterpreted your comment about the 'Baha Men' being pissed as possibly a case of schadenfreude.

Given inferences I have made only from what's been written on this board, I think it might be wise to just let my comment go a la Coach Brand's suggestion to stay off the board.

Kemerer can have many different reasons to go vs stay. I only wrote that I wondered (no tin foil hat required).
The Baha Men comment 100% just an attempt to post what I thought was a funny joke… haha, and it fell flat! 🤦‍♂️ 😆 But yeah I meant no disrespect towards anyone with it, I swear. I’m not going to sit here and lie to all of you and claim that I am as big of a Kemerer fan as you guys all are… because I guarantee I’m not. But that doesn’t mean I don’t respect all of you guys’ right to express your own fandom of him.

Meant nothing by it, I promise.

I am going to respond to this with some of my thoughts after I get home from work. To start, if he was referring to the misinformation on Kemerer in that interview, who are you implying or who do you feel is the person who needed to get their loyalty in check with that?

When he said “stay off the boards,” who do you think he was alluding to there? It may have been me with that, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t know that myself or The pin Doctors existed until I had the public meltdown. I’ve never met him.

And to answer #1 real quick about whether I think Kemerer was on board with that decision, in short, YES… that was 100% Kemerer’s decision to wrestle that night. I fully believe that and have my thoughts as to why he made the decision he did when he did, but will probably keep those to myself.

will get back to you in more elaborate fashion in regards to this when I get the chance.
In all honesty, I did assume he was alluding to you. No inside information on it, just what I thought.

In all honesty, I did assume he was alluding to you. No inside information on it, just what I thought.
With what? The stay off the boards comment?

Wouldn’t have been me with the Kemerer/loyalty comment. And if it was, then he’s not on the right trail there. There were a couple posters here and there who made comments the moment I blew up (publicly) about me “feeding Mineo info about Kemerer” and I have no idea why they made those assumptions the moment I blew up… everybody in the state thought Brennan was wrestling that day. He was given a presser and his shirt was pulled. Why the hell would we not think he was wrestling? I mean, did some of you not realize that the stuff Mineo was posting about me were not pm’s, but stuff that I was posting publicly on social media? And yeah, I regret the hell out of doing that, but my God, I don’t think I’ve ever been that mad in my life and I hadn’t had time to analyze the situation and consider certain things that may have led to it. I think if both sides (Tom and myself) could have a chance to do that thing over again, we’d do it differently… so might as well learn from it. I don’t think any of it was personal towards us or intentional and I regret perceiving it that way at first.

With what? The stay off the boards comment?

Wouldn’t have been me with the Kemerer/loyalty comment. And if it was, then he’s not on the right trail there. There were a couple posters here and there who made comments the moment I blew up (publicly) about me “feeding Mineo info about Kemerer” and I have no idea why they made those assumptions the moment I blew up… everybody in the state thought Brennan was wrestling that day. He was given a presser and his shirt was pulled. Why the hell would we not think he was wrestling? I mean, did some of you not realize that the stuff Mineo was posting about me were not pm’s, but stuff that I was posting publicly on social media? And yeah, I regret the hell out of doing that, but my God, I don’t think I’ve ever been that mad in my life and I hadn’t had time to analyze the situation and consider certain things that may have led to it. I think if both sides (Tom and myself) could have a chance to do that thing over again, we’d do it differently… so might as well learn from it. I don’t think any of it was personal towards us or intentional and I regret perceiving it that way at first.
It is off topic, but I must say that I have always respected how you owned that meltdown you had. It is a very uncommon trait these days to not deflect blame from one's own action toward someone or something else.
If more people acted in this way, we would all be much better off.
I'm going to be at Spire this weekend to watch U20/U23 Trials. I'm looking forward to watching your little brother go.

Would have loved Kemerer to stick around. He’s great for the team in any capacity. I was actually worried he was done wrestling with the injuries he’s dealt with. Happy he still plans to wrestle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT