ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Burns' Vietnam War

belezabro

HR Legend
Jan 14, 2003
SIAP, just an FYI...

10 part, 18 hour history of the Vietnam War will first air at 7:00 p.m. September 17 on PBS.

God, I don't know if I want to relive that. I lived it once that was enough.

It might be interesting to see how it is handled as I was young in the late 50's and early and mid 60's but was registered for the draft during the last 1/3 of the 60's.

I have/had friends that were there, including one who returned with a flag.

I will be interested see how this is handled. This is the crux of "the Vietnam Nam" experience.
(From the linked article) Burns and his partner claim to have created a film "..everyone could embrace."

Really? Is that even humanly possible? They are indeed miracle workers if that claim is met as it seems like an unattainable goal.

(From the linked article) Burns and his partner claim to have created a film "..everyone could embrace."

Really? Is that even humanly possible? They are indeed miracle workers if that claim is met as it seems like an unattainable goal.

If he does a film "everyone" can embrace......there will be riots at the Pentacrest soon! Those VN days were interesting times. They tore the country apart. Worse than they ate today...by far.

Does anyone know if the "intense" broadcast schedule is something that Burns requires or is that how PBS wants it? I know how to use my DVR, but would prefer a couple nights a week and lasting a few more weeks. The two weeks it is running could be a couple of hairy weeks for the Cubs, and trying to squeeze in Vietnam may turn into a chore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT