ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to the game today

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Been thinking about the game today. There are several keys.

Before my take, I looked at Wisconsin's 21 point win vs. Purdue at Purdue. Then our 6 point win at home. On paper Wisconsin should win this game at Camp Randle with ease.

The Badger's offense is significantly better than the Hawks. I think our defense may be slightly better than the Badgers. Special trams is close from a FG kicking perspective but Taylor could make a difference from a field position standpoint.

We need to keep Mordecai in the pocket and shut down Allen. Make Wisky beat us through the air. With at 17 mph NE wind, field position will be critical. Hill needs to eliminate interceptions and our running game needs over 100 yards. Hawks need to get a big game from another TE, Ostrenga is playing his home statr. Could he have a big day? Hopefully our WR's make a few catches.

If the Hawks can take an early lead, that would be huge.

The Camp Randle crowd could make it tough on our offense. It will be interesting.

Go Hawks!

Yeah, I think we know what to expect from the offense - not much. So to have ANY chance they must play clean. No TO's, few penalties.

For the Hawks to win, it's gonna have to be a rock fight. If Wisky can get first downs just running the ball - it's over.

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
Let’s hope it’s windy. If the wind makes their WRs as ineffective as ours, we have a shot. The downside is a windy day makes our FG kicker less effective too and we all know how well the offense is at getting into the endzone. O/U is like 34? That says quite a bit. If Iowa manages to win, the total will be under 30.

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
Two 50 yard plus runs from Johnson turns into 10 points with a pick 6 td on D and throw in a All td for 24points
Hawks win 24-20

Reactions: BUCKSNDUCKS
Joe Labas comes off the bench throws for two TDs and runs for a third then does the jump around dance with the OL.
I sure hope they bench Hill quickly...like no more than 3 series...if he shits the field like I expect him to. Get Labas...or any other QB on the roster in the game.

I sure hope they bench Hill quickly...like no more than 3 series...if he shits the field like I expect him to. Get Labas...or any other QB on the roster in the game.
Considering that KF just laughed when asked about the possibility of Labas playing last week, I’d be shocked to see Joe take the field minus an injury to the Skid Loader. Looks like we’re riding with Deac no matter what.

Considering that KF just laughed when asked about the possibility of Labas playing last week, I’d be shocked to see Joe take the field minus an injury to the Skid Loader. Looks like we’re riding with Deac no matter what.
Sadly....I think...I mean I know...that you are right.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I think we MUST not get gouged by their rushing offense. I’m much more optimistic if Wisconsin throws it a lot - even if that’s what their “new” offensive scheme is built around. I’m more confident in our pass D and creating turnovers that way. I do hope Harris holds up, however, as he’s shown some propensity to get beat deep.

Some questionable calls, some late hits by Wisconsin, Kirk eventually turns to Jr and says “opened up a can a whoop ass on these f*#%s”. Iowa 10-9!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT