ADVERTISEMENT

KF basically calls Wadley a liar. "Some of the things were just flat-out not true." Now what?

Doesn't the report also show that the posters saying the players were whiners that didn't want to follow the rules were just as wrong?

There were clear issues that are being addressed. KF has done a great job of jumping right in and making changes.

I do agree with this as well. The report shows that changes needed to be made and are being made.

Reactions: hawkbirch
You have that reply on speed dial? Again youre full of shit.

Ending racism is not full of shit dude. Good lord. I will pray for you man. Or just block you. I cant continue engaging with nonsense

Reactions: littlez
KF has done a great job of jumping right in and making changes.

He's jumped right in? If that were the case, wouldn't he have not dropped the ball (which he admitted) and addressed the issues from the University's task force report starting in the spring of 2019? After all, the report was issued in March, 2019, and now, here we are, 16 months later.

That March 2019 report from the Iowa athletic department's Diversity Task Force showed racial disparities within the Hawkeyes' football program, as well as the athletic department.

I don't call that a great job by KF (or Barta) of "jumping right in and making changes," as you claim.

Last edited:
Ending racism is not full of shit dude. Good lord. I will pray for you man. Or just block you. I cant continue engaging with nonsense

Well something isn't adding up. You're here stomping around here doing your best Bobby Green Lite yelling racism, yet the players in the program are highly encouraged by the steps being taken to make it a more inclusive football building.

Who should we believe? You or them?

I guess some of you guys aren't familiar with the term CYA... Kirk really doesn't have to apologize to anyone. Neither did Gary Dolphin for saying that kid from Maryland was playing like King Kong. It wasn't unconscious bias then, and Coach Doyle or any of the coaches including KF telling a player who is cutting corners, late for practice, screwing around in the gym, missing appointments with the tutors, etc. that he can send your butt back to Detroit, or Cleveland, or Davenport is ultimately true and there's nothing wrong with that. Most jobs have a dress code in corporate america. College is supposed to prepare you for your adult life. KF and his staff and the entire AD devote their time, and energy and heart, and soul into turning 18 year old children into grown men and women and setting them up for as much success as they are willing to work for. The rest of this is just a dog and pony show to satisfy the mob.

Ive been on this board for 3 years bro. But I dont condone racism so I will speak up. That’s why we need movements like BLM. I know its hard for you to hear. But racism needs to end in football programs Whether you want to hear it or not.

for christs sake
Haven't seen anyone here saying that racism is a good thing, and quite frankly the report by an independent third party does nothing at all to establish any pattern of racism, but I'm sure you see it differently because your trying hard to look for something that simply isn't there. As for the country needing a bunch of pot stirrers who care very little about what the facts are, and are okay with violence and promoting other crimes against innocents as collateral damage, then yes we really do need the BLM don't we.

Well something isn't adding up. You're here stomping around here doing your best Bobby Green Lite yelling racism, yet the players in the program are highly encouraged by the steps being taken to make it a more inclusive football building.

Who should we believe? You or them?

Can't they both be true? There were issues with racial bias and the current players report improvement. I'd be much more upset if the current players were reporting more of the same issues.

He's jumped right in? If that were the case, wouldn't he have not dropped the ball (which he admitted) and addressed the issues from the University's task force report starting in the spring of 2019? After all, the report was issued in March, 2019, and now, here we are, 16 months later.

That March 2019 report from the Iowa athletic department's Diversity Task Force showed racial disparities within the Hawkeyes' football program, as well as the athletic department.

I don't call that a great job by KF (or Barta) of "jumping right in and making changes," as you claim.

Should have been more clear that I was referring to his actions after
June.

He thought he addressed the football related issues but admitted dropping the ball when he realized he had not.

Reactions: anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
Akrum, your happy feet thrilled us all as you danced around defenders and found holes that only you could see. Thrill us again with those feet and dance off into the sunset. Chasing after slights that only you can see.
giphy.gif

Haven't seen anyone here saying that racism is a good thing, and quite frankly the report by an independent third party does nothing at all to establish any pattern of racism, but I'm sure you see it differently because your trying hard to look for something that simply isn't there. As for the country needing a bunch of pot stirrers who care very little about what the facts are, and are okay with violence and promoting other crimes against innocents as collateral damage, then yes we really do need the BLM don't we.

It doesn't label it racism but certainly establishes differential treatment and a biased environment. You have to try to not see that.

Reactions: anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
It doesn't label it racism but certainly establishes differential treatment and a biased environment. You have to try to not see that.
We'll have to agree to disagree. As for the BLM, what say you Birch? If this movement is such a good thing why have they made NO effort at all to come out publicily against the violence against uninvolved third parties? I know the answer, and I imagine you do as well....

What's lost in all of this, is that this report is designed to find fault. You don't have these external, third party reports when everything is all sunshine and rainbows... This is like a parole hearing, guilt is assumed. KF HAD to fall on the sword here, there was nothing else he could do. Now I am glad to see him bow-up against Wadley and show a hard line between fact and fiction. But this report was ALWAYS going to have a negative slant, their job isn't exonerate KF and the Iowa program and that was never going to happen.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As for the BLM, what say you Birch? If this movement is such a good thing why have they made NO effort at all to come out publicily against the violence against uninvolved third parties? I know the answer, and I imagine you do as well....

I don't think you can agree to disagree about fundamental human rights. I think of BLM as addressing police interactions even though I understand there are other issues they address. I watch the protests and see anger and frustration and agree that the protesters are justified to feel that way. I think anyone causing damage should be charged and prosecuted even if I understand their anger. I think the officers that murdered Breonna Taylor should be charged. I believe the manner in which Trump is using federal officers against protesters should concern every American that believes in the Constitution. I believe BLM's decision to address some issues and not others is entirely up to them and all the what about X, Y, Z is just an attempt to undermine and diminish their message. I find the lengths to which some people will go to deny racial disparities to be disgusting and inexcusable.

I'm not sure what you mean by violence against uninvolved third parties so I can't answer that question without more information from you.

What's lost in all of this, is that this report is designed to find fault. You don't have these external, third party reports when everything is all sunshine and rainbows... This is like a parole hearing, guilt is assumed. KF HAD to fall on the sword here, there was nothing else he could do. Now I am glad to see him bow-up against Wadley and show a hard line between fact and fiction. But this report was ALWAYS going to have a negative slant, their job isn't exonerate KF and the Iowa program and that was never going to happen.

It LITERALLY says right in the report that "we were not asked to assess the veracity of any specific allegation or incident."

Can't they both be true? There were issues with racial bias and the current players report improvement. I'd be much more upset if the current players were reporting more of the same issues.

They can. I guess I reflexively said that as I have a Penn State buddy constantly chiding me about it.

I can accept criticism of the blind spot of KF. It happened. What I don't accept is the poster I quoted sideswiping KF as if he's taken 0 steps to correct the issue.

I'm sure Kirk would change what happened in the past in a heartbeat, but alas there's no such thing as a reset button. He can only take the information at hand and work towards a better future. It sounds like he's off to a promising start given the current mood in the football facility.

You'll never end racism or hate....
You can educate to limit it, but it'll never end.

Just an FYI. Btw the black players have made plenty of their own racist stereotypes, so I hope they do their share of listening.

They can. I guess I reflexively said that as I have a Penn State buddy constantly chiding me about it.

I can accept criticism of the blind spot of KF. It happened. What I don't accept is the poster I quoted sideswiping KF as if he's taken 0 steps to correct the issue.

I'm sure Kirk would change what happened in the past in a heartbeat, but alas there's no such thing as a reset button. He can only take the information at hand and work towards a better future. It sounds like he's off to a promising start given the current mood in the football facility.

Completely agree about Kirk and not appreciating those who take swipes at him.

It LITERALLY says right in the report that "we were not asked to assess the veracity of any specific allegation or incident."

Okay, that doesn't change the fact that when a law firm is hired to do an external investigation into a big picture situation, its not to access how wonderful of a job is being done, its main purpose to is find and access the level of wrong being done. If they don't have something to look for, then what are they doing? They aren't hired to access the color scheme of the coaches offices.

You'll never end racism or hate....
You can educate to limit it, but it'll never end.

Just an FYI. Btw the black players have made plenty of their own racist stereotypes, so I hope they do their share of listening.

Some people cling tightly to their bias and refuse to try to do better. That's why racism will never end.

Reactions: littlez
Okay, that doesn't change the fact that when a law firm is hired to do an external investigation into a big picture situation, its not to access how wonderful of a job is being done, its main purpose to is find and access the level of wrong being done. If they don't have something to look for, then what are they doing? They aren't hired to access the color scheme of the coaches offices.

How to you explain the positive findings in the report?

How to you explain the positive findings in the report?

it’s not a witch hunt, their job was to access the situation of racism within the program. So while they weren’t investigating the veracity of any one claim, they were there to access the situation. They simply reported their findings, but their results are based on what they were looking for... they just found some other stuff too along the way.

it’s not a witch hunt, their job was to access the situation of racism within the program. So while they weren’t investigating the veracity of any one claim, they were there to access the situation. They simply reported their findings, but their results are based on what they were looking for... they just found some other stuff too along the way.

Glad you recognize it wasn't a witch hunt. It wasn't clear from your other post.

Ive been on this board for 3 years bro. But I dont condone racism so I will speak up. That’s why we need movements like BLM. I know its hard for you to hear. But racism needs to end in football programs Whether you want to hear it or not.

for christs sake
You can't be serious about BLM because in reality, Black Lives Do Not Matter to that radical organization. Listen to Malcom X from 1963 and he will set you straight about Liberal BS. If you truly feel that Black Lives Matter, then why don't you take your sorry ass to the Inner City and help with the Drug and Gun Running Issues that are taking young black lives. Nothing more painful to read about than young children murdered in a drive by shooting. All Lives Matter no matter the skin color. But in your infinite wisdom you want to side with an organization who has no problem destroying lives. And yes, even destroying black lives. Like Rob Howe, you now the Moron's Moron.

Glad to see the results of the independent investigation confirmed what I hoped was true about Kirk as a person. Im glad Doyle is gone, and hopefully some of the other coaches learn from this. Glad to see I was wrong and the captain is going to weather the storm, I had my doubts about whether he could/should.

And Wadley, yeah he can take a hike as far as I’m concerned...

Racism is climbing. The BLM mobsters are doing their best to create as much separation as possible and make the average white guy go from wanting, and trying, to listen, learn, and understand what white privilege means and what unconscious bias means to giving up on the whole terrorist movement.
BLM is bullshit. It's designed to divide us.

I'll sit back and smile now and watch all you snowflakes cry that I should be banned or killed.
Good grief.

You can't be serious about BLM because in reality, Black Lives Do Not Matter to that radical organization. Listen to Malcom X from 1963 and he will set you straight about Liberal BS. If you truly feel that Black Lives Matter, then why don't you take your sorry ass to the Inner City and help with the Drug and Gun Running Issues that are taking young black lives. Nothing more painful to read about than young children murdered in a drive by shooting. All Lives Matter no matter the skin color. But in your infinite wisdom you want to side with an organization who has no problem destroying lives. And yes, even destroying black lives. Like Rob Howe, you now the Moron's Moron.

This is incoherent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT