ADVERTISEMENT

KF, "It's complicated."

How would you describe this Iowa offense Kirk?
its-a-simple-5c19cb.jpg

Hes not wrong.

Trying to score when you can't run the ball, pass the ball or block is pretty damn complicated.

Until they get mobile QBs and change offensive strategy to utilize them, upgrade offensive linemen and coach them up, get some receivers who can get separation and catch the ball there won't be any changes. So yes, it is complicated when you're playing catch up to modrern football

Two things can be true at the same time.

Iowa for the last few years has, for the most part, won most of the close games, and beat the teams it should beat, including the trophy games. And it’s hard to win games in the Big Ten. Big universities with a lot of money, NIL, and access to good coaches. Indiana, Purdue, Nebby, Illinois etc would exchange their records with Iowa.

Iowa, for the last few years, has been worked like a part time job by the top teams, and mostly because we have no offense. And it’s getting worse.

To finish the quote "It's complicated - if you try to come up with sensible reasoning as to why I do the things I do on the offensive side of the ball. That's why I find it best to rely on meaningless coach speak when asked questions in pressers. Throw out non-sequiturs and keep 'em guessing about what the heck I'm talking about."

KF is in charge of the most boring football team in the country.

Not sure how anyone supports the continuation of the above FACT. Kirk doesn’t know how to do the Offense thing - which is what is holding this program back in a big big way. He doesn’t know how to change.

We need younger minds on the sideline. Period.

Not sure how anyone supports the continuation of the above FACT. Kirk doesn’t know how to do the Offense thing - which is what is holding this program back in a big big way. He doesn’t know how to change.

My brother said this TWENTY years ago. That’s when he stopped going to Kinnick. He hated how boring Iowa was and decided he’d rather watch from home and turn the channel if there was a better game on.

Not sure how anyone supports the continuation of the above FACT. Kirk doesn’t know how to do the Offense thing - which is what is holding thi

s program back in a big big way. He doesn’t know how to change.

What does younger have to do with it? He's a conservative coach at 45 and 67. He didn't want to play Stanzi, Beathard, Banks or Tate.

KF is what he is and will always be. I'd love to have Mike White today. Heck I'd even take the 70 year old loser today.

Reactions: Tom Paris
What does younger have to do with it? He's a conservative coach at 45 and 67. He didn't want to play Stanzi, Beathard, Banks or Tate.

KF is what he is and will always be. I'd love to have Mike White today. Heck I'd even take the 70 year old loser today.
Come on now.

99% of the time, “younger” equates to coaches that understand
A) the type of football being played in the college game, and
B) the importance of recruiting the players capable of executing the current style of play

Kirk is too old school and has outgrown the game. Thinking you can attempt to do the same things over and over and over…and get it right at some point…is a really bad sign.

That’s what Kirk tells us. And he has been wrong for enough seasons in a row now that it has become a trend.

Look at other teams OC and DC s. Not much gray hair there.
Fry had many of his assistants move on up. Has Ferentz?

anybody watching the games knows. they can't compete with anybody but the teams in their division. it's not even close.
It's fine to be disappointed. But at least be accurate.

Iowa dominated Rutgers. Beat MSU. Handled ISU fairly easily. Obviously beat W. Mich and Utah St.

Plenty of material from previous seasons, starting with shutting out Kentucky in last season's bowl game, to disprove your statement as well

It's fine to be disappointed. But at least be accurate.

Iowa dominated Rutgers. Beat MSU. Handled ISU fairly easily. Obviously beat W. Mich and Utah St.

Plenty of material from previous seasons, starting with shutting out Kentucky in last season's bowl game, to disprove your statement as well
you are right..we beat shitty teams. I feel a lot better. 🤣

Come on now.

99% of the time, “younger” equates to coaches that understand
A) the type of football being played in the college game, and
B) the importance of recruiting the players capable of executing the current style of play

Kirk is too old school and has outgrown the game. Thinking you can attempt to do the same things over and over and over…and get it right at some point…is a really bad sign.

That’s what Kirk tells us. And he has been wrong for enough seasons in a row now that it has become a trend.
Like Matt Cambell and the Goofer guy? And BF.
Coaches have it or they don't. MattRuhl? The red haired Nebby guy. Kirk is what he is. Snyder came back at how old?

So wrong in so many ways.

I think KF needs to recheck his definition of "complementary" in a dictionary.

An offense that does nothing and gifts the opposition points is the exact opposite of "complementary".
Kirk has gaslighted a lot of Iowa fans into thinking that our offensive ineptitude is actually a necessary and desirable component of some brilliant strategy which allows us to win games.
Rather than the glaring shortcoming that causes Iowa to lose games...which it is.

What I don t want t is a washed up OC. We don t need chryst or Philbin. Go get a young OC tell him you are coach in waiting if u performance justifies it. Ferentz is offense worse than lichliter offense. Slow game down hope for a hail mary at end.

Until they get mobile QBs and change offensive strategy to utilize them, upgrade offensive linemen and coach them up, get some receivers who can get separation and catch the ball there won't be any changes. So yes, it is complicated when you're playing catch up to modrern football
After yesterday, it would appear we have a mobile QB. Unfortunately, it also appears he throws like Jake C.

Reactions: Easthawk1062
After yesterday, it would appear we have a mobile QB. Unfortunately, it also appears he throws like Jake C.
Pretty hard to judge him being put in that situation. Tennessee knew they were throwing and were pinning its ears back. Hopefully the throwing comes along but it’s definitely nice seeing the QB being able to pick yards up with his feet especially when Tennessee was getting out of its rush lanes. Statue QBs defense can rush with not much worry about lane integrity.

What I don t want t is a washed up OC. We don t need chryst or Philbin. Go get a young OC tell him you are coach in waiting if u performance justifies it. Ferentz is offense worse than lichliter offense. Slow game down hope for a hail mary at end.
I'm with you in that I'd love to see a complete overhaul of the offensive scheme with a new guy who understands the importance of having a mobile qb, vertical passing game and getting the ball to playmakers in places that let them make plays. But you and I, and virtually everyone else who pays attention to Iowa football under Kirk, know that is very unlikely. As long as KF is here the best those of us who want to see an actual modern offense can hope for is that whoever is brought in can maximize the function of the adynamic offensive philosophy of Iowa football. Hopefully the offense can transition away from being complementary to the opposing defense.

"If it worked in 2002, why doesn't it work in 2024?"
- Kirk Ferentz

Lol, our HC is clueless.
the 2002 Offense was a completely different scheme and that offense actually had good Players, KOK for His failings was a million times better then Brian and His Horseshite scheme and play calling amd the 2002 Staff had far better position coaches as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT