ADVERTISEMENT

Kids moving to Iowa to play football this fall.

Seems silly to move for one season especially when that season could.come.to a halt 3-4 weeks after it starts. Also, all of the Iowa hs mentioned are pretty familiar with the transfer process and getting housing set up so it shouldn't be an issue

Seems silly to move for one season especially when that season could.come.to a halt 3-4 weeks after it starts. Also, all of the Iowa hs mentioned are pretty familiar with the transfer process and getting housing set up so it shouldn't be an issue
Lol taking shots at the arms race between the DSM suburbs and Dowling. Nice, I like it......:cool:

This is definitely happening around the country. A family originally from Iowa living on the East Coast is now sending their son (football player) to live with the aunt and uncle in Iowa.

Serious question.

Say football gets axed 3 weeks in here in Iowa. Do these same dudes up and transfer again to a state that has already announced they will be playing spring football?

Back to their home states.

Would a rival school have any ground to stand on in saying they used up their elgibility by playing in a few games else where?

Has this ever happened in terms of golf and a fall season where a smaller school doesn’t offer a fall season?

I don't think I would want to associate with the kind of people who would uproot their entire family and move across the country just so their kid could play football...

I'd be open to it. I wouldn't want my son to spend his senior year in a place where school is 100% online with limited extracurricular activities. Especially if he had aspiration to play in college. I could see this coming months ago.

I'd be open to it. I wouldn't want my son to spend his senior year in a place where school is 100% online with limited extracurricular activities. Especially if he had aspiration to play in college. I could see this coming months ago.

If he was good enough to play on Saturdays as a junior are you hoping for Sundays as a senior?

If he was good enough to play on Saturdays as a junior are you hoping for Sundays as a senior?

What does that even mean. If his kid wanted to play for his last year of hs, he is open to moving t9 make that happen. And sp would I honestly

What does that even mean. If his kid wanted to play for his last year of hs, he is open to moving t9 make that happen. And sp would I honestly

If he wants to play college football the opportunity will still be there no matter what happens in his senior year (short of injury). It would seem to me graduating with your lifelong friends would mean a little more than playing 9 football games with a bunch of kids you don’t know. I mean nothing more. Nor nothing less.

Would a rival school have any ground to stand on in saying they used up their elgibility by playing in a few games else where?

Has this ever happened in terms of golf and a fall season where a smaller school doesn’t offer a fall season?
But if they’re still in school then they’re eligibility isn’t up.

Reactions: BettDogs7
I don't think I would want to associate with the kind of people who would uproot their entire family and move across the country just so their kid could play football...
The old Texas way was to have the good football player held back in 8th grade so he would be a year older and stronger than most of other players.

I would have done this in a heartbeat for my kids regardless of college aspirations. High school sports are a special time for many.

And i doubt i'd enjoy having a beer with you either, so no biggie.

Last edited:
Didn't the article say his sister was starting school at ISU this fall? I wonder if they have some connection to Iowa that makes this easier. Why else would anyone pick Ames?

This happens all the time with schools located near military bases. Parents seek transfers for that specific purpose.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
The formula for sports to work is clear.

don’t get tested unless you are feeling really sick.

colleges won’t be able to have sports because they have enough money and media breathing g down their back to feel forced into testing.

if iowa high school baseball and softball tested everybody regularly they wouldn’t have had a season.

Last edited:

To some this is completely life altering. What if they are on the verge of getting a scholarship? What if they have paid for personal training and invested big time into football? I completely get it.

So you’re saying don’t get tested? That’s your answer? Jesus.
That’s why baseball and softball worked.

doesn’t matter if you like it or not, that is why. Might be interesting watching power 5 schools cut $100,000,000 in spending. My guess is they will play.

no high school baseball or softball player died either as far as I know.

But if they’re still in school then they’re eligibility isn’t up.

Do states have a cap to the number of quarters/games a player can play? For example....the state of Iowa has a cap of 40 regular season games for baseball.

Do states have a cap to the number of quarters/games a player can play? For example....the state of Iowa has a cap of 40 regular season games for baseball.
Yes, but what about moving from one state to another and playing fall football in Iowa and say spring football in Illinois?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT