Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
George has a future in narrating.

Watch:

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW

EAxMZJiXoAAWHHI

EAxMKyPWkAIj3Hj

Last edited:
Love that clip of McNutt and Stanzi in locker room postgame 2009 @Sparty, never seen it before, wonder if there's more somewhere? Happy August, we can officially say "college football is this month!"
It is cool when they put in some old clips that we have either never seen before or its been a while

Can you believe its been 10 years since that Stanzi to McNutt walk off TD?

It's not that I don't think Kittle did a good job, he did, but he had some big shoes to fill. Mikey Diesel's hype video last year was about as good as it gets.

Still get goosebumps with the call of Tate to Holloway. But I agree last year's video was better, at least the commentary. This year's is still good and gets me wanting to watch some Iowa football.

Still get goosebumps with the call of Tate to Holloway. But I agree last year's video was better, at least the commentary. This year's is still good and gets me wanting to watch some Iowa football.

It's August and we're all addicts. Any little fix we can get helps us get through until opening kickoff.

Reactions: Wadzinator
True or false: every school has hype vids like Iowa.

I'm just continually impressed by the editing and music in particular. Great to be a Hawk always.

Love to see Iowa and USC play a home and home series. Definitely want to see a game there.

They did back in the 70s. I believe it was in 1976 that Iowa lost @ USC something like 45-7 although Iowa had about 400 total yards to 200 for USC. But Iowa fumbled twice on the USC goal line, and USC plucked both out of the air, if you can believe it, and returned them over 90 yards for TDs -- a 28-point turnaround. At least I think that's pretty close to what happened. Too lazy to research it.

Reactions: unclesammy
They did back in the 70s. I believe it was in 1976 that Iowa lost @ USC something like 45-7 although Iowa had about 400 total yards to 200 for USC. But Iowa fumbled twice on the USC goal line, and USC plucked both out of the air, if you can believe it, and returned them over 90 yards for TDs -- a 28-point turnaround. At least I think that's pretty close to what happened. Too lazy to research it.

He means South Carolina...not Southern Cal

Oh yeah, remember it well, and you described it well. Mark Fetter and Rod Wellington were good, solid running backs for the Hawks, but I believe they were the ones that fumbled at the goal line, and both were returned for touchdowns.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
He means South Carolina...not Southern Cal

My apologies, but when someone says "USC," I suspect 99.3 percent of folks think "University of Southern California," NOT University of South Carolina. ;)

2018 - Daniels
2019 - Kittle

The precedent has now been set. We will now expect this every year, honoring one of our many stars in the NFL.

Go forth, let it be known.

Hats off to our athletic department. They have not only kept Kinnick relevant, they've turned it into truly one of the greatest venues in college football.

THANK YOU STAFF!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!!

This is the truth, isn't it FOLKS?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT