ADVERTISEMENT

Kinnick vs. Kyle

A&M fans might be the worst in College football. I have no reason to even care about them but somehow the few that I've met have managed to leave a horrible impression. It's pretty incredible how arrogant they are given how mediocre their football history is

A&M fans might be the worst in College football. I have no reason to even care about them but somehow the few that I've met have managed to leave a horrible impression. It's pretty incredible how arrogant they are given how mediocre their football history is

Grew up with a bunch of them and this is the truth. They are completely delusional.

Kyle is unreal with the recent upgrades, but the vintage appeal of Kinnick and its reputation in the B1G makes it the better venue.

True dat. They do remind me of ND fans some. They will frequently work into a conversation where they went to college.

Reactions: LeonRussell
I have never had any problems with Texas A&M fans. I'm certain there are some bad ones. At the same time, I do know Iowa has its fair share of bad ones. Some even post on here. For the record, yes, I am a Hawk fan.

I went to Kyle last year with an Aggie season ticket holder. It's a much different feel. Great traditions with the Cadets, Friday night etc. but different than Kinnick. It has a much more corporate/NFL feel. Took escalators to the club level, sipped wine in the Mondavi wine bar etc. Everything's bigger in Texas and A&M also struggles from a bit of little bro with UT....for instance, when the intro's were made, the PA announcer had to emphasize that Kyle Field was the "biggest in Texas"....definitely a dig at Austin!...The George Bush Library and the campus architecture were really nice. Aggieland which used to be in no man's land is almost surburban Houston now with all the sprawl to the NW...

The tailgating was better at Kinnick IMO, but I'll give the Texans the brisket contest!

Well tell them to open the f***ing polls back up so we can keep voting until Iowa wins......

t311q4kueqm01.jpg

I went to a game at Kyle Field the first year they had the suites in the N end zone (2003). It was Urban Meyer's first Utah team vs. Dennis Franchione and TAMU. Brett Elliott vs. Reggie McNeal. Great game. TAMU won by 2 as Utah couldn't convert a 2 point conversion with no time remaining. My takes:

- Kyle Field is huge and pretty fun.
- The tradition is awesome but strange. The "yell leaders" (male cheerleaders, NTTATWWT) were strange. The "yells" were even stranger.
- Tailgating was garbage. Very much a wine and cheese crowd other than the fraternities. Pretty lame. Tailgating at the University of Houston is better from a fun standpoint.
- Overall, I would go back to a game there. I have a bigger problem with their fan base. I have numerous friends who went to TAMU and the minute they joined the $EC they became unbearable. The experience at Kinnick is just totally different. Beer and Brats vs. Wine and Cheese.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT