ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord to Iowa?

How do you know he sucks, you really trust Kirk with QB decisions??
I don't, Kirk is proving to be the worst mind in college fb offensively.
I dont know what more to tell you. I stated my opinion...and you did the same. I'm good with that. Peace.

Reactions: Sett1997
Wrong? Why do you say that? Because Kirk never allows it? Do you not remember Padilla last year?

They have zero faith in Lainez. Zero. Or, he would have got one series at some point this season. Hill is a God damn disaster. And he does the thing Kirk despises the most...operates loose with the football. Sorry...but Marco must really suck. He's not the answer.

Like I said....we need an average QB that can stay healthy from the portal.
Does that make Labas and Lainez worse than a disaster? Worse than the worst qb in the country? I am not buying it….nobody can be that bad and get recruited to the same D1 team…

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Tell us how you really feel 😂… I mostly agree, if we had a real QB coach, I’m still interested in Lainez, but who knows.
According to those at practice, Labas was BY FAR the best QB. However he was lazy, couldn’t learn the playbook, late to practice, and smoked a ton of weed. Brian absolutely hated him. So we got Bacon Hill.
If all that stuff is true, I really don’t have an issue not playing a QB that’s too lazy to learn the playbook and is consistently late to practice. I mean that’s the bare-bones basic stuff.

Reactions: easy2 and Legs94
I wouldn’t be so sure. I’m sure some fans remember 2012, when Iowa went 4-8 behind James Vandenberg, who struggled all season long. Yet, Vandenberg took an astonishing 100% of the snaps that year. Many folks drew the conclusion from this that his backup, a young player named Jake Rudock, must have been even worse. Of course, that wasn’t true. Rudock did fairly well when he ended up as QB1, though he was eventually surpassed by CJ Beathard. But Rudock did go on to perform well at Michigan, and later played in the NFL.

Bottom line: Never assume there is any logic to the way QBs are utilized at Iowa.
Nailed it. Or CJ taking every snap in Outback bowl when he could hardly move.

I wouldn’t be so sure. I’m sure some fans remember 2012, when Iowa went 4-8 behind James Vandenberg, who struggled all season long. Yet, Vandenberg took an astonishing 100% of the snaps that year. Many folks drew the conclusion from this that his backup, a young player named Jake Rudock, must have been even worse. Of course, that wasn’t true. Rudock did fairly well when he ended up as QB1, though he was eventually surpassed by CJ Beathard. But Rudock did go on to perform well at Michigan, and later played in the NFL.

Bottom line: Never assume there is any logic to the way QBs are utilized at Iowa.

That's because Vandy was great in 2011. Greg Davis ruined him

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

Weren’t we in on the recruiting of this guy?
Yes. Looks like he visited. Iowa, Iowa State, and Wisconsin. Also interesting that the primary recruiter for Wisconsin was none of than Jon Budmyar. Definitely seems like a fit more so than any other qb. Would love to see him talk Kasper into coming with. That said I could see him going to one of the state schools in Arizona.

Cade is QB1, even if it is just written in pencil. What transfer QB is going anywhere to be a back up for a year before taking the reins?
Agree, I mean it's likely Cade doesn't play a full season, but you can't bank on that if you are a transfer.

I don’t know if any of you watched the worst offensive game in the history of the nfl yesterday but a qb change was made by the Vikings and it ended up being a great decision as mullens was able to move the ball and won the game.
Something Kirk never would have done.
Had Minnesota not made the qb change are we to assume that both Mullens and Hall are that much worse than Doubs?

• Wow
Reactions: hawkdave007
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT