ADVERTISEMENT

KOK>GD>BF>TL?

desihawk

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2002
In my estimation kok was better than gd who was better than bf.
if that trend holds with tl, we are in for a disaster that has never been seen on the offensive side of cfb.

otoh, bf is the only of the 4 guys with zero qb teaching experience. that’s the only reason there may be a uptick with tl from the troubled years (2021-23)

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Haha. No. TL will surely perform better than BF at least by some metrics. Then again, KF could have plucked a nobody from the Iowa HS ranks to be the new OC and it would have been much the same story.

Reactions: TnT_Hawks
if that trend holds with tl, we are in for a disaster that has never been seen on the offensive side of cfb.

otoh, bf is the only of the 4 guys with zero qb teaching experience. that’s the only reason there may be a uptick with tl from the troubled years (2021-23)
Here is my total assumption but what i feel is about 90% fact

1.KOK- Ran Kirk's offense as a favor considering he was promoted from a small school. It's pretty evident he ran a spread high scoring style but was a nice guy and did Kirk's bidding.

2.GD- Was let go from TX and literally retired until Kirk pulled him out of his Texas ranch house. Maybe brought in to be a place holder but ran what Kirk wanted to the best of his ability knowing Iowa was his last stop.

3.TL- He is only #3 because he almost has to try to be as bad as Brian. But we will find out after the 1st quarter of the first game if he is running HIS or KIRKS offense. I would bet a paycheck he is the only one who said yes to running Kirks style. I expect very little change. Maybe better adjustments throughout a game.

4.BF- Arrogant and ultimately unqualified playcaller who with an attachment to dad had an arrogance about the scheme and that it could work in post 2020. Besides the fact that he is awful at the job very few men want to admit or tell their father that their way of doing something is wrong and completely awful.

5......... This is Kirk's last big hire and maybe in a couple years his buyout #'s get cheaper and he gets canned. FWIW I wanted him gone after 2010. I like Kirk but always thought this program if not better could be more consistent.

And kok wasn’t that good,

2001, 2002, 2004 (for adjusting), 2005, 2008 (at the end), 2010

Those were solid offenses. 2002 being the best of the bunch. What hurt in 2005 and 2010 were the defense unable to make plays.

KOK had to deal with the Jake C vs Stanzi for nearly two seasons.

Overall tho the offense was average at best

Brian wishes he could have KOK worst season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT