ADVERTISEMENT

Kris & Kenyon respond to Kris' future. HINT: He's heading to the NBA

Kenyon should have asked him for his job credentials to make that assessment on Kris. And what NBA team he works for as head of scouting. LoL.

Speaking of assessments, do you remember the "assessments" by posters on here when Keegan and Kris were rumored to have been offered scholarships? The thread linked at the end of this post was created on Oct 20, 2019, when the rumor was that the Murray twins were going to commit to Iowa. Right away you will see comments like these:

"As walk ons?"

"Those are preferred walk on players surely."

"If Fran offers those kids a scholarship he should be fired on the spot."

Link to that thread:

It's amazing how clueless some Iowa fans are. Kris will be drafted in the 1st round of the 2023 NBA Draft.

Check out Kenyon's response to the "fan's" comments.

this is great...9 pages full of 'experts' LOL...a/k/a --- Fran can't recruit haters beside themselves.

this is also why I have been out of internet communication ''' rather talk to my dog...he has better comprehension skills.

I hope Kenyon doesn't come on here anymore. So many idiots who clearly don't have any clue about the NBA and bball in general but that doesn't keep them from spouting off their stupidity. Especially the "he's too soft" crowd and there are lots of them. We'll see how well that ages
Yes we will see. I've also stated that Kris will most likely get drafted middle first round, but acting like these "draft experts" and NBA people never get it wrong is laughable. All many are saying is there were quite a number of big games where he did not step up in key moments of games and even disappeared in others. That seems a little disconcerting for someone who has received so much hype as a possible lottery pick.
As for Kenyon's posting here, I respect the hell out of him for his time as a Hawk, but parents of current players posting on the website will always be problematic...

I always love the “he’s not ready” argument. Because the NBA is in the business of drafting fully developed players more so than potential , right ..

In July, 2022, Kris was projected as a Top 20 first round pick.

Today? Kris is still projected as a Top 20 first round pick.

And, nevertheless, what do we hear all the time on here? He's too soft, he's not ready, the GM who drafts him will get fired, etc.

As they say, opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one.
Some opinions in forums are from people with knowledge and some not even close.
Unfortunately we have to sort through all of it.
I feel bad for the Murray family for the stupidity of some.

As they say, opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one.
Some opinions in forums are from people with knowledge and some not even close.
Unfortunately we have to sort through all of it.
I feel bad for the Murray family for the stupidity of some.
Really. I'm sure its been super stressful for the Murray's?? One lottery pick and another probable mid first rounder for two kids who had zero real D1 offers out of high school. Oh the pain of it all. Its pretty easy to avoid the pain just like dealing with any of the other freakin lunacy of social media, just tune it out and ignore it or just don't partake. I think I'll keep my sympathy for people that have REAL issues, thanks......

Really. I'm sure its been super stressful for the Murray's?? One lottery pick and another probable mid first rounder for two kids who had zero real D1 offers out of high school. Oh the pain of it all. Its pretty easy to avoid the pain just like dealing with any of the other freakin lunacy of social media, just tune it out and ignore it or just don't partake. I think I'll keep my sympathy for people that have REAL issues, thanks......
KF was always spot on about Twitter.

I always love the “he’s not ready” argument. Because the NBA is in the business of drafting fully developed players more so than potential , right ..
Well, teams typically draft on potential.................and the vast majority of the time, they really shouldn't have................just sayin. Facts.........but just sayin.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Really. I'm sure it’s been super stressful for the Murray's?? One lottery pick and another probable mid first rounder for two kids who had zero real D1 offers out of high school. Oh the pain of it all. It’s pretty easy to avoid the pain just like dealing with any of the other freakin lunacy of social media, just tune it out and ignore it or just don't partake. I think I'll keep my sympathy for people that have REAL issues, thanks......
I can respect your opinion on this but you have had no opportunity to walk in the Murray’s shoes and neither have most of us. We all would have a reaction to the negative post and sure would respond.

Reactions: lucas80
this is great...9 pages full of 'experts' LOL...a/k/a --- Fran can't recruit haters beside themselves.

this is also why I have been out of internet communication ''' rather talk to my dog...he has better comprehension skills.
You've been "out of internet communication" (lol) because you post incredibly stupid stuff and people started calling you out on it, and you couldn't deal with it.

That's the truth of the matter.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
I hope Kenyon doesn't come on here anymore. So many idiots who clearly don't have any clue about the NBA and bball in general but that doesn't keep them from spouting off their stupidity. Especially the "he's too soft" crowd and there are lots of them. We'll see how well that ages

Yeah, I kinda wish he'd not respond to any of the idiots who have no clue what they are talking about

Reactions: Bishop1971
The staff needs to recruit like Kris is gone. Maybe we will get lucky and he doesn't want to go in the 2nd round and returns to gun for Big Ten PoY. Not likely though.

The staff needs to recruit like Kris is gone. Maybe we will get lucky and he doesn't want to go in the 2nd round and returns to gun for Big Ten PoY. Not likely though.

right now, since there have been no official announcements, we have no scholarships available for next season

however, Kris is gone; that's why we have been mentioned as contacting some of these bigs that have entered the transfer portal

I can respect your opinion on this but you have had no opportunity to walk in the Murray’s shoes and neither have most of us. We all would have a reaction to the negative post and sure would respond.
I wouldn’t respond to random dudes on social media…….I don’t have any accounts!

• Haha
Yeah, I kinda wish he'd not respond to any of the idiots who have no clue what they are talking about
I agree. I'm surprised how much he will get into it on social media for someone who played at a high level. Granted, there wasn't social media when he played but still.

Reactions: Bruceman44
Personally I don’t think he will excel in the NBA. Hope I’m wrong, as I have always liked the Murray family. I does hope he gets paid though, that can be life changing money.

I do wonder what would have been if he and his brother had played from day 1…

Personally I don’t think he will excel in the NBA. Hope I’m wrong, as I have always liked the Murray family. I does hope he gets paid though, that can be life changing money.

I do wonder what would have been if he and his brother had played from day 1…

Im not seeing it either. If he was an elite shooter then maybe but he isnt gonna score much inside the 3. Hell keegan doesnt even get much at the rim and he was elite in college.

Reactions: WaterlooChazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT