ADVERTISEMENT

Krysten Sinema switching to Independent

He has an inspiring story, is a good guy, can communicate and will appeal to crossover voters. Sinema is a trash excuse of a person and one of the worst people in Congress. She's toast. The question is who replaces her. Hopefully it's Gallego. I'm going to do my small part and send some money to his campaign.
Here's a good example of people with a different opinion being vilified.

He has an inspiring story, is a good guy, can communicate and will appeal to crossover voters. Sinema is a trash excuse of a person and one of the worst people in Congress. She's toast. The question is who replaces her. Hopefully it's Gallego. I'm going to do my small part and send some money to his campaign.

I'll be voting for Sinema, unless you fund my campaign. ;)

I don't blame her one bit. Censured by her party for not blowing up the filibuster. She was one of the few sane Dems in the room on that issue.

Oh please she switched parties because she had a pathetic approval rating among Democrats in Arizona and was going to get smoked in the primaries. Making Sinema out to be some sort of martyr is strange.

Oh please she switched parties because she had a pathetic approval rating among Democrats in Arizona and was going to get smoked in the primaries. Making Sinema out to be some sort of martyr is strange.
Because she wouldn't vote to blow up the filibuster. I live in Arizona, and when she said she would not blow up the filibuster, the Democrats here launched a smear campaign and censured her. That's why her approval ratings dropped. And yes, that's why she switched parties. Stay in your lane.

Because she wouldn't vote to blow up the filibuster. I live in Arizona, and when she said she would not blow up the filibuster, the Democrats here launched a smear campaign and censured her. That's why her approval ratings dropped. And yes, that's why she switched parties. Stay in your lane.

I'm glad you agree she switched parties to avoid losing in the primary.

Reactions: Huey Grey
I'm glad you agree she switched parties to avoid losing in the primary.
I wish you would learn why she was low in the polls. For not blowing up the filibuster? I'm glad she did what she did.

Educate yourself on the ramification of blowing up the filibuster.

Huh? Translate please
The new Republican playbook is to call into question their losses by claiming the election was stolen (see many examples, especially Kari Lake). If the Republican nominee in 2024 loses, they will go to the same playbook.

The new Republican playbook is to call into question their losses by claiming the election was stolen (see many examples, especially Kari Lake). If the Republican nominee in 2024 loses, they will go to the same playbook.
Assuming they nominate another Trumper. AS I did last Election cycle, I will vote in the Republican Primary and vote for the non-Trumper. I'm doing my part.

And it's not the Republican playbook, it's the Trumpers Playbook.

I wish you would learn why she was low in the polls. For not blowing up the filibuster? I'm glad she did what she did.

Educate yourself on the ramification of blowing up the filibuster.

Sinema was unpopular before she was censured. Here is an article from 2021 showing that she would get smoked in the primaries.

Also the filibuster is a crutch and should be reworked if not eliminated completely.

What does that have to do with this thread?

The least surprising news ever. Sinema has made a living and modeled her entire personal and professional life around switching teams whenever she chooses.

What is the singular ramification of blowing up the filibuster?
Each party passing ridiculous legislation when they’re in control of the Senate, and the other party reversing that legislation when they control the Senate and pass their own pieces of shit. Unbelievable you actually asked that question. Rinse and repeat for enternity

Two very different issues.
No it’s not, democrats don’t get rid of the judicial filibuster you don’t have a 6-3 conservative majority. Now you want to get rid of the filibuster permanently? Liberals heads exploded over Roe V Wade and yet you still want to take that chance

No it’s not, democrats don’t get rid of the judicial filibuster you don’t have a 6-3 conservative majority. Now you want to get rid of the filibuster permanently? Liberals heads exploded over Roe V Wade and yet you still want to take that chance

First of all, I don't care about the sanctity of Senate rules that have been changed many times throughout history. That said for there to be a risk, I'd have to believe that the GOP would not change filibuster rules if they found it to be in their best interest and they had the ability. Recent history makes it pretty clear that the GOP is more than willing to do just that. That only reinforces my long held opinion that the senate filibuster rules are stale and had been effectively changed through precedent to eliminate debate and empower the minority to an extreme degree, instead of prolong debate and bring legislation toward a ideological 'center'.

'She's for sale': How Ruben Gallego plans to defeat Kyrsten Sinema in potential three-way race

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

She abandoned the Dem base.
FAFO. But, she’s going to be fine. She’ll get some lobbying gigs or get placed on a few corporate boards.

Do you find it concerning that she likely splits the vote and hands the seat to a MAGA?

This country needs more Krysten Sinema’s. She’s a nice sensible and intelligent woman.

ADVERTISEMENT