ADVERTISEMENT

Krysten Sinema switching to Independent

Sinema like politicians are the reason why the country is in the shitter. Too many of our Representatives only care about the people/corporations/super pacs who write the big checks.
You can’t see the forest through the trees.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You guys truly are entertaining to watch. Four years ago you were ecstatic that she beat McSally to flip a Senate seat in a traditionally red state. Now in 2022, even before today's announcement, you've branded her a 'loser', a 'phony', and a 'sellout'.

This woman has voted in line with the rest of her party 93.1% of the time - more than Bernie Sanders (91.4%). More than either one of the senators from Nevada (Rosen and Cortez Masto are both 91.5%). More than Jon Tester of Montana (89.8%).

You guys demand absolute, unwavering fealty to the party and anything less gets you the Nicky Santoro treatment.
Yeah, pretty much you are the one driving that narrative just so you can go all TJ.
She's been reliably supportive, but she has made some curious stances. It isn't HROT that is presenting a problem to her political future, in case you didn't notice. You conveniently forget the values and priorities she espoused on the state level, and when running for the Senate. She is unpopular at home because she's pissing off the people who gave her a start in politics, and the people who put her in the Senate. But, yeah, you skewered the Libs. :rolleyes:

You're singing the praises of Sinema while also complaining that all of our politicians are bought. That's the definition of irony.
They are all bought, but at least she doesn’t vote lockstep with her party. If she sees a problem, like the “Inflation reduction act” before it was reworked, she’ll say something.

Who is your example of a better politician?

• Haha
I’ll ask you the same question: Who do you look to as a better politician?
I think I just said her voting history doesn’t bother me.

In terms of seriousness, there are countless others who do their work quietly without seeking the spotlight like she does. And negotiate in good faith and don’t play hide the ball on their negotiating positions. Those are the ones I prefer.

Seven other Democrats also voted no on that amendment, including both senators from Delaware and both senators from New Hampshire.

Also, you gotta admit that cheerleader skirt is kinda sexy.
Yep, it was mostly procedural as some didn't want the increase attached to COVID relief package. But the curtsy stunt didn't win her any friends.

And what do you mean 'kinda sexy'? I had a meeting in her office when her hair was blue. It was um...distracting. 😍

You guys truly are entertaining to watch. Four years ago you were ecstatic that she beat McSally to flip a Senate seat in a traditionally red state. Now in 2022, even before today's announcement, you've branded her a 'loser', a 'phony', and a 'sellout'.

This woman has voted in line with the rest of her party 93.1% of the time - more than Bernie Sanders (91.4%). More than either one of the senators from Nevada (Rosen and Cortez Masto are both 91.5%). More than Jon Tester of Montana (89.8%).

You guys demand absolute, unwavering fealty to the party and anything less gets you the Nicky Santoro treatment.
LOL. She has been a complete prima donna, holding up and outright crashing key components of the Democratic party agenda. There might be more corrupt grifting corporate Democrats in the Senate, but Sinema appears to take pleasure in making a spectacle of herself in opposing broadly supported Democratic policy priorities (see the thumbs down on the minimum wage increase as one obvious example),

Good riddance to her in 24.

You stated that she has held up major Democratic legislative priorities and I simply asked for some examples. I'm not sure why you consider that an unreasonable request.
Prescription drugs is one obvious example. And along with Manchin, she strung Build Back Better along for forever with ongoing and ever changing demands. Again, Sinema appears to take pleasure in throwing a wrench into the gears of Democratic party policy priorities.

Reactions: franklinman

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Reactions: Jan Itor
If the D’s want to lose the seat to a Republican they will…split the D leaning voters between Sinema and the D candidate? Beyond stupid.
Yep, she run as an independent in the general like Trump will. And the Republican will win the seat.

Says she doesn’t fit with either party, but still wants her committee assignments so I guess that means caucusing with the Democrats.

The real reason: she knows Ruben Gallego is coming for her seat in ‘24.

He won’t get it. The republican will.

Someone explain how by announcing she is now independent, that she will vote any different than before

I wish there was more independent candidates. Blindly siding with a party is moronic. Especially with the us versus them bullshit that exists in this country

I want ideas and plans that appeal to me. Not a bunch jerkoffs voting for things that other jerkoffs that also have a R or D by their name tell them to

F—k Rs and Ds

Reactions: CoachJaxKnows
Alex Wagner does a nice job debunking the lazy "extremes on both sides" nonsense

The Real Reason Kyrsten Sinema Left The Democratic Party

Screenshot

ggNOBHM.png

Reactions: lucas80
They'll see if they can keep her off the ballot.

How difficult is it to get on the ballot as an indie in AZ?

Sinema has plenty of time.

She should work out a sponsorship deal with Cinnabon.

cw-cinnabon-citywalk-classic-roll-b.jpg
She’s become the devil to you guys. I will vote for her over the Dem and Republican candidates. Unless, you leave $1,000,000 in unmarked bills near the old oak tree of my choosing.

Seriously. Get a life you unwavering haters.

She’s become the devil to you guys. I will vote for her over the Dem and Republican candidates. Unless, you leave $1,000,000 in unmarked bills near the old oak tree of my choosing.

Why? Why will you vote for her?

I think I just said her voting history doesn’t bother me.

In terms of seriousness, there are countless others who do their work quietly without seeking the spotlight like she does. And negotiate in good faith and don’t play hide the ball on their negotiating positions. Those are the ones I prefer.
Yep, going to the highest bidder is not a winning hand in the long run. This will come back to bite her in the arse.

She's not the devil. She's just an attention seeking sellout.

Says she doesn’t fit with either party, but still wants her committee assignments so I guess that means caucusing with the Democrats.

The real reason: she knows Ruben Gallego is coming for her seat in ‘24.

I believe already noted: she just doesn't want to get "primaried" in the next election cycle.

Reactions: bladel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT