ADVERTISEMENT

Kyte Baby drama

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012

Some one sided drama going on here but this actually excites me for the future work force.
Being 39, I still have plenty of years of work ahead of me and I’m excited about the younger generation wanting to get paid to not work and have all the benefits they haven’t earned.
I’m hoping it either allowed me to work a lot less in the future and get paid the same, granted cost of items will increase.
Or I will work the same amount and get paid a lot more because I will work a lot more hours and cost the company a lot less money then the new work force.

It used to be you worked at a company that didn’t pay the greatest but had good benefits or a company that paid well and had crap benefits.
I’m excited for those days to be over!

I’m sad that this woman had to adopt and ended up adopting a child that needs extra care.
I’m not sad that she was at a job for less than a year in a non remote position and expected her job allow her to work from the NICU and offer her better benefits.

It’s a luxury clothing line for infants correct. They have to protect the brand reputation. If this was Wal-Mart or Target it wouldn’t have gone viral. That and if the mother was ugly.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
So, you're saying "wood"?
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Ryn Dean

Reactions: Moral
It’s a luxury clothing line for infants correct. They have to protect the brand reputation. If this was Wal-Mart or Target it wouldn’t have gone viral. That and if the mother was ugly.
If this wasn't a baby clothes company it would be less of a story, but they have to know how this is perceived, given their market. Even if they follow the letter of their policies re: time off and working remotely, the fact that it was a new mom wanting to be there for her new baby that's in the NICU - there was no way they weren't going to look terrible for not letting her do what she needed.

If this was a hedge fund not letting someone bend the rules, no one cares. But it's a baby clothes company, and it's a story about a premie baby.

If this wasn't a baby clothes company it would be less of a story, but they have to know how this is perceived, given their market. Even if they follow the letter of their policies re: time off and working remotely, the fact that it was a new mom wanting to be there for her new baby that's in the NICU - there was no way they weren't going to look terrible for not letting her do what she needed.

If this was a hedge fund not letting someone bend the rules, no one cares. But it's a baby clothes company, and it's a story about a premie baby.
I’m not sure anyone besides the media and snobby social media “influencers” really care that much either but because this mom didn’t want to follow company policies that were put in place before she started less than a year ago, they have made it a bigger story.

Correct and that it’s high end. The customer base is very engaged on appearances vs cost factors. The next time a bunch of their yuppie friends meet for coffee or pilates. How can u possibly have Eleanor in that jumper. My cleaning lady of ten years daughter was a born premature. We allowed her to bring the little one around for months at our apar.

I’m not sure anyone besides the media and snobby social media “influencers” really care that much either but because this mom didn’t want to follow company policies that were put in place before she started less than a year ago, they have made it a bigger story.
it’s a superficial brand . People will care. They haven’t been around for decades and the clothing industry is fickle anyways. Not hard to see a story like this lead to other missteps that lead to a downturn.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT