ADVERTISEMENT

Other jobs do offer benefits

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012

I get that he wants the nba package and understand what the story is about but it’s hard to feel sorry for a man that has made over $50 million dollars in 9 years of work.

Maybe he should have found a company that paid a hell of a lot less that offered benefits before 10 years of service. Granted most companies wouldn’t offer that great of benefits for working less than 10 years.

I know the owners make so much money blah blah blah, I’ll trade my benefits when I’m done working with him for 50 million any day of the week.

I get that he wants the nba package and understand what the story is about but it’s hard to feel sorry for a man that has made over $50 million dollars in 9 years of work.

Maybe he should have found a company that paid a hell of a lot less that offered benefits before 10 years of service. Granted most companies wouldn’t offer that great of benefits for working less than 10 years.

I know the owners make so much money blah blah blah, I’ll trade my benefits when I’m done working with him for 50 million any day of the week.
You are obviously jealous of people with money. You can see it in all your posts. I actually feel a little sorry for you.

Well try working 40-60 hours a week your whole life and being a poor and see how much you enjoy it.
You live in Iowa City. Why don't you improve your marketability to get a better job. There are tons of education and training opportunities in the area. Are you just bitching because you aren't qualified for better paying jobs because you haven't done enough to improve yourself?

You live in Iowa City. Why don't you improve your marketability to get a better job. There are tons of education and training opportunities in the area. Are you just bitching because you aren't qualified for better paying jobs because you haven't done enough to improve yourself?
He just likes to bitch about everything.

Reactions: Moral
I don’t live in Iowa city. I work in Iowa city but no way would I live there.
I’d say I’m qualified for jobs but I don’t get the jobs. Middle Aged white males aren’t on the top of hiring lists when it comes to having the same qualifications as a diverse individual.
Hell I was told I was brought in for an interview before because they thought I was Hispanic because of how my last name looks.

I’d say I’m qualified for jobs but I don’t get the jobs. Middle Aged white males aren’t on the top of hiring lists when it comes to having the same qualifications as a diverse individual.
Hell I was told I was brought in for an interview before because they thought I was Hispanic because of how my last name looks.
I get it. You blame other people because you can't get a job YOU think you are qualified for. Are you honestly trying to tell me that middle aged white males aren't on the top hiring lists in Iowa? You can't be for real. There is no help for people like you.

Reactions: HawkMD and lucas80
Pretty sure the only thing you do is bitch about me.
So the only thing you do is bitch about someone who bitches about everything.
You must be the queen bitch
First of all...
tone-watch-your-mouth.gif

Secondly, a "queen bitch" would be someone that complains about NBA players dancing too much. Or a daycare getting their child sick. Or an NBA player wanting something for the benefit of his family.

I'll also admit,it's fun to call you out for your girly bitchiness because you get so worked up over it every....single....time. It's easier than talking shit to JR about pork.

I get it. You blame other people because you can't get a job YOU think you are qualified for. Are you honestly trying to tell me that middle aged white males aren't on the top hiring lists in Iowa? You can't be for real. There is no help for people like you.
You’re beyond stupid if you don’t believe diverse workers have an advantage in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa city area.
Hell the first question on my yearly review asks how I work with members of another ethnic background and I know it’s not the only company that asks similar questions.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
First of all...
tone-watch-your-mouth.gif

Secondly, a "queen bitch" would be someone that complains about NBA players dancing too much. Or a daycare getting their child sick. Or an NBA player wanting something for the benefit of his family.

I'll also admit,it's fun to call you out for your girly bitchiness because you get so worked up over it every....single....time. It's easier than talking shit to JR about pork.
Like I said, all you seem to do is bitch about me. You might be a decent dude but you have some weird obsession of knowing everything I’ve posted about. If you know everything about every single poster, you really need to get a life.

You’re beyond stupid if you don’t believe diverse workers have an advantage in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa city area.
Hell the first question on my yearly review asks how I work with members of another ethnic background and I know it’s not the only company that asks similar questions.
Have a great life blaming others for your failure.

Yeah... I have no idea how you show your mug begging after making that much money.

Reactions: chubby bunny
You might be a decent dude but you have some weird obsession of knowing everything I’ve posted about.
I listed 3 things and 1 of them was the topic of this thread. If that's "everything you've posted about" then guilty as charged!

If you had been able to stifle your vomit long enough to purchase a home in IC at any point in the past 20 years the equity from said home would have potentially helped you feel less poor.

Having 2 children with autism cannot be easy. At the same time, the NBA isn't a charity, he needs to perform to earn the benefits. His agents should be offering for him to take league minimum pay to
hit this 10 yr threshold.

If he really did squander all his money, the state he resides in will likely cover medical expenses for the children. He will need to jump through all kinds of hoops.
In Iowa, this is Medicare,
Wisconsin is badger care. Not sure the name in other states.

Reactions: HawkMD
Having 2 children with autism cannot be easy. At the same time, the NBA isn't a charity, he needs to perform to earn the benefits. His agents should be offering for him to take league minimum pay to
hit this 10 yr threshold.

If he really did squander all his money, the state he resides in will likely cover medical expenses for the children. He will need to jump through all kinds of hoops.
In Iowa, this is Medicare,
Wisconsin is badger care. Not sure the name in other states.
From what I've read, he has to hit 10 years to get the "maximum" benefits from the retiree program. He'll still receive some if he's never signed again. I don't really blame him for being that close and wanting to hit the 10 year mark. Pretty sure that's a natural desire for anyone in his position. The article in the first post is a pretty good read. Turns out he's on the spectrum too and didn't know it until after his kids were diagnosed.

From what I've read, he has to hit 10 years to get the "maximum" benefits from the retiree program. He'll still receive some if he's never signed again. I don't really blame him for being that close and wanting to hit the 10 year mark. Pretty sure that's a natural desire for anyone in his position. The article in the first post is a pretty good read. Turns out he's on the spectrum too and didn't know it until after his kids were diagnosed.
What’s interesting is that he said he probably never would have made it to the nba if he would have been diagnosed when he was younger. Basically says he would have been put into a different category where people would have limited his potential.

What’s interesting is that he said he probably never would have made it to the nba if he would have been diagnosed when he was younger. Basically says he would have been put into a different category where people would have limited his potential.
There is probably some truth to that.

Reactions: Moral
@IAFB2021Champs if your last name sounds Hispanic, just mark other or mixed race when applying to jobs.

Edit to add:
Also don't show up wearing Husker gear.
I’ve thought about it. I could be far enough removed that I look like a white person and don’t know any Spanish.
I mean i could even take it a step farther and identify as a woman.

I’ve thought about it. I could be far enough removed that I look like a white person and don’t know any Spanish.
I mean i could even take it a step farther and identify as a woman.
You bet, stack the deck in your favor and enjoy the pay raise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT