ADVERTISEMENT

Labas?

HFan1981

HB All-State
Jan 27, 2019
Will he or Alex play any next week? Will "The Stubborns" refuse to address an obvious issue and continue to back a non-gamer? Spencer just doesn't have it on game day. How much more do stubborn #1 and stubborn #2 need to see? What is lost by playing Labas? I'll hang up and listen. Confused in Minnesota.

Will he or Alex play any next week? Will "The Stubborns" refuse to address an obvious issue and continue to back a non-gamer? Spencer just doesn't have it on game day. How much more do stubborn #1 and stubborn #2 need to see? What is lost by playing Labas? I'll hang up and listen. Confused in Minnesota.
No

The louder the calls the more you will not see anyone but SP short of a broken leg or death. Kirk loves to double down on bad when he is wrong. He gave an inept OC the QB duties in spite of being an OL/TE guy. Genius. I truly feel KF is afraid a real good QB or WR will become prima donnas. Maybe he is afraid if he had a star they'd be the next DJK who knows. But you have to try to be this head scratching bad on offense and today is just the latest of long episodes.

The head coach is fine with whatever the offense does as long as they win. Petras didn’t lose them the game, so that means he starts again next week and probably the rest of the season. If I was another QB, I’d get my name in the transfer portal as soon as I could

Labas was totally lost and threw multiple picks in the open practice by all accounts. Petras or Padilla are the only options.

Maybe in a Face/Off starring Nicholas Cage and John Travolta type scenario. I don’t see it happening otherwise.
Hmmm I'm taking Cage as Labas.. still depressed ole Spence is the best Iowa has to offer. If we only had an offense the Hawks could do some things this year. Defense will win us games but there are bigger traps waiting and with a regressing offense it might not be pretty. Hell, we KNOW it won't be pretty

Reactions: Moral
The louder the calls the more you will not see anyone but SP short of a broken leg or death. Kirk loves to double down on bad when he is wrong. He gave an inept OC the QB duties in spite of being an OL/TE guy. Genius. I truly feel KF is afraid a real good QB or WR will become prima donnas. Maybe he is afraid if he had a star they'd be the next DJK who knows. But you have to try to be this head scratching bad on offense and today is just the latest of long episodes.
Oh yes! You're exactly right about doubling down on the bad! After like Kirk 2.0 he's only gotten more stubborn.

The head coach is fine with whatever the offense does as long as they win. Petras didn’t lose them the game, so that means he starts again next week and probably the rest of the season. If I was another QB, I’d get my name in the transfer portal as soon as I could
You are correct that is what he will say. We won and moving forward to next week 1-0 with our full support behind Spencer Petra. 🤮

This is correct, but I would take it a step further…even if we had lost SP starts the remaining games. Only an injury would keep him off the field…😕

Kirk is not worried about losing games, early/late is doesn't matter. He's all about making lot's of money with no chance of reaching the National Championship.
Iowa won't look this bad next week win or lose, but Iowa has and continues to have the worse offense in college football and there is no way to fix it until Kirk go's out and gets a quick/athletic quarterback that has an arm and is a threat to run. They're out there but those type of quarterbacks are never on Iowa's radar.

There certainly were plenty of times the OL faltered. However, Petras overthrew plenty and forced a few more. Hopefully we'll get our two WR and running back soon.

Kirk is not worried about losing games, early/late is doesn't matter. He's all about making lot's of money with no chance of reaching the National Championship.
Iowa won't look this bad next week win or lose, but Iowa has and continues to have the worse offense in college football and there is no way to fix it until Kirk go's out and gets a quick/athletic quarterback that has an arm and is a threat to run. They're out there but those type of quarterbacks are never on Iowa's radar.
We have one: Labas

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
KFs micromanaging destroys qbs. Only true rebels banks, tate, stanzi, beathard have thrived in it. It’s amazing to me that stanzi kept the job, the pick sixes had to have aged kf by 10 years.

I truly believe KF has a mental OCD control issue that holds him back.
CJ is the guy who was drafted in the 3rd round and is in the league today. Yet stats wise, because he had hardly anything around him (sure the highest paid TE in the NFL but he was criminally underused when he did play) he was the last guy to not throw for 2000 yards in a season. Kirk is where WR and QB generally go to die. Charlie Jones got a second shot at life. This is going to drastically hurt us to ever have relatively good offense again. KF is calling the shots and demands being gutless Phil is getting sold a bill of goods getting just a little north of BF and hell if he left KF would be done. Without Phil we are nothing.

We have one: Labas
Those kinds of QB's are "too sexy." Kirk has a long memory. I am sure he hated that 2002 team scoring mid 30s a game with the Heisman Runner Up that was not as good as Kyle McCann in his eyes. Worked out to the tune of 8-0 conference season and he goes away from that. He is obsessed with winning ugly with unimpressive performances.

If they didn't try either other QB today, I can't see them trying one next week against ISU.
Yeah my guess is we will see other QB's this year. Petras is what he is, which is a very bad QB. But they will have to actually lose a game or games due to horrific QB play for a change to be made.

How can he be less ready than Petras? What is the big fear? He will throw an INT?!

There wasn't anything complicated going on out there today.
He throws the ball to our DBs in practice and Petras and Padilla do that less often.

Transfer Portal!

No chance KF takes out SP in the traditional sense. If…and that’s a big if it comes down to it, SP will have some sort” injury “that justifies KF taking him out. Being as stubborn as he is KF won’t admit he made the wrong call .

Well when it comes to game experience you can't say one is better if the other hasn't snapped the ball yet. Maybe he sucks in practice but would flourish in game but KF so no

Maybe in a Face/Off starring Nicholas Cage and John Travolta type scenario. I don’t see it happening otherwise.
FmrG.gif

Reactions: HFan1981 and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT