ADVERTISEMENT

Labas

So you were only interested in Joey in week 1 and wanted to forget to follow him and see if he was truly a QB the deserved to start a Big 10 game?
He did win a bowl game 21-0 against an SEC team we had lost to the previous year.

Don't get caught up in the personality drama. It's never been about Hill or Labas. It's about a coach who rides a lame horse to a loss that didn't have to happen.

Everyone makes mistakes, including your parents.
So I'll take it you've realized there was probably a reason that goes beyond who the better player on paper was, as to why Hill played over Labas.

High probability that you made a mistake. But at least you came around eventually

Joe with 5 INTs yesterday against FIU. He was 20-39 for 151 yards. On the plus side, he had two nice TD passes. The Panthers got thumped last week at Indiana, but obviously are a big step up from CCSU.
This game is wild. FIU had just over 300 yds of offense, was 3/11 on third down, punted 6 times, and scored 52. CMU also appears to have gone for it on 4th&1 (a pass which was intercepted) from their own 28 with like 5 min left in the 3rd while only down 20. CMU had 10 penalties. Oh and they lost a fumble (on a punt return) in addition to those 5 INTs.

He did win a bowl game 21-0 against an SEC team we had lost to the previous year.

Don't get caught up in the personality drama. It's never been about Hill or Labas. It's about a coach who rides a lame horse to a loss that didn't have to happen.
Joey tossed 5 interceptions against Florida International sounds like he is a dead horse. Would you start him next week?

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Joey in action....

1 pick 6 and another returned to the 5

And Iowa's defense won the bowl game.

Some of you can't face the reality of your mistake projecting Labas as better than this performance.

So you were only interested in Joey in week 1 and wanted to forget to follow him and see if he was truly a QB the deserved to start a Big 10 game?
I didn't start the Labas thread. But I do recognize that it's just one more example of offensive misses by KFz. Saturday's ineptitude was another.

Reactions: ICHerky
I didn't start the Labas thread. But I do recognize that it's just one more example of offensive misses by KFz. Saturday's ineptitude was another.
Here is a quote from you. "But he's just one more on the list of offensive players that KFz somehow couldn't figure out how to develop and get the best out of....that went on to play well at other schools."

So Joey plays one game against a Drake level opponent and that proves a point but you did not want to discuss how he did against an average group of 5 opponent when he was a disaster. Is he playing well at the group of 5 level? Would you start him next week? Do you think Central Michigan should have pulled him before he threw 5 interceptions?

He is not playing for a power 5 team so any discussion of his results should be tempered by that.

Reactions: doughuddl2
Here is a quote from you. "But he's just one more on the list of offensive players that KFz somehow couldn't figure out how to develop and get the best out of....that went on to play well at other schools."

So Joey plays one game against a Drake level opponent and that proves a point but you did not want to discuss how he did against an average group of 5 opponent when he was a disaster. Is he playing well at the group of 5 level? Would you start him next week? Do you think Central Michigan should have pulled him before he threw 5 interceptions?

He is not playing for a power 5 team so any discussion of his results should be tempered by that.
Bonzo appears to have moved on.

Nobody wants to hype Joey now??????????????????????????????????????????????????? He beat SW NW NE SE Junior College State last week and put up huge numbers!

It's not Labas (or anyone else) vs Cade.
It's coaching stubbornness vs coaching creativity.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Reactions: BonzoFury
So you had to go back to 2012 to find this? Any time a team struggles you need to replace the QB? Who was the back-up? Was he ready? How did he look in practice?

Not having Marcus Coker who had 1500+ yards from scrimmage and having Weisman as our running back sure hurt the offense.

So you had to go back to 2012 to find this? Any time a team struggles you need to replace the QB? Who was the back-up? Was he ready? How did he look in practice?

Not having Marcus Coker who had 1500+ yards from scrimmage and having Weisman as our running back sure hurt the offense.
According to ESPN we currently have 5 QBs on the roster.
If it's true one is a capable P5 QB and 4 of them are not (which is what is being implied) ... I guess that's a sign of great coaching??
Some on here don't think Cade is very good. That would make 5 out of 5 QBs not equipped to lead Iowa to a good season.
I guess this whole debate is about standards and expectations. If we'd all learn to get rid of those two things we'd all be a lot happier.

Joe with 5 INTs yesterday against FIU. He was 20-39 for 151 yards. On the plus side, he had two nice TD passes. The Panthers got thumped last week at Indiana, but obviously are a big step up from CCSU.

Current/former Iowa QB breakdown from Week 2:

Cade McNamara
(Iowa) 13-29-2-99, 0 TDs in 21-20 loss to Iowa State

Spencer Petras (Utah State) DNP, injury in 48-0 loss to USC

Deacon Hill (Utah Tech) 14-28-1-188, 2 TDs in 72-14 loss to UNLV

Joe Labas (C. Michigan) 20-39-5 (INTS) 151, 2 TDs in 52-16 loss to FIU

Deuce Hogan (N. Mexico State) DNP in 30-24 loss to Liberty

Carson May (Abilene Christian) DNP in 38-24 win vs. West Georgia

Current/former Iowa QB breakdown from Week 2:

Cade McNamara
(Iowa) 13-29-2-99, 0 TDs in 21-20 loss to Iowa State

Spencer Petras (Utah State) DNP, injury in 48-0 loss to USC

Deacon Hill (Utah Tech) 14-28-1-188, 2 TDs in 72-14 loss to UNLV

Joe Labas (C. Michigan) 20-39-5 (INTS) 151, 2 TDs in 52-16 loss to FIU

Deuce Hogan (N. Mexico State) DNP in 30-24 loss to Liberty

Carson May (Abilene Christian) DNP in 38-24 win vs. West Georgia

This tells me either:

A.) Our coaches can’t identify QB talent
B.) Our coaches can’t develop QBs

Reactions: chuck285
Joey tossed 5 interceptions against Florida International sounds like he is a dead horse. Would you start him next week?
Just a bad day. I'm sticking with Joey, win or lose and never give another QB a chance to make me look bad!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT