ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin: Players whose conferences are postponing should be free to transfer w/out Penalty

He's right but the reverse should also be true. Players who want to opt out this fall should be able to transfer to big ten/pac 12/Mac and be able to play in spring

Well, if you had any doubts whether Lane Kiffin were a weasel, well, now there are no doubts.

Is there some aspect of Kiffin's statement that you can logically refute?

(Hint: the real weasel revealed himself prior to Kiffin releasing his statement).

He’s right....

Why should these kids who want to play be subject to poor conference decisions?

Generally speaking, I don't like the trend towards so much transferring...but in the case of a school/conference cancelling the season I think any athlete should be able to immediately go to any other school of their choice, provided that their academics are in order.

It's really unfortunate it has come to this: Schools/conferences not on the same page. Makes zero sense some schools will be playing and some postponing.

He’s right....

I agree with the decision to cancel and I also fully agree with Lane. If some want to play, don’t let the door hit ya.

I agree with the decision to cancel and I also fully agree with Lane. If some want to play, don’t let the door hit ya.
Dude every one knows that you hate football. Why would you care if some of our best transfer out? You can’t stop posting your opinion every chance you get. We get it. You don’t want football. Enough already.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Dude every one knows that you hate football. Why would you care if some of our best transfer out? You can’t stop posting your opinion every chance you get. We get it. You don’t want football. Enough already.
I don’t hate football, on the contrary you can count the number of home games in Kinnick I have missed since ‘02 on one hand...

It shockingly seems to be a hard concept for many of our fans to grasp but there are much more important things in life than playing college football. Like protecting your friends and family who may be at risk...

I don’t hate football, on the contrary you can count the number of home games in Kinnick I have missed since ‘02 on one hand...

It shockingly seems to be a hard concept for many of our fans to grasp but there are much more important things in life than playing college football. Like protecting your friends and family who may be at risk...
Then those people should avoid the college FB player not the college FB player should avoid FB.

Tell that to the players themselves. A majority of them want to play and are willing to do what it takes to make it happen, but won’t be given the chance.

Seriously, I have had it with “Hawkeye fans” defending this nonsense.

Tennesee recently released data showing a 2020 excess death rate for residents under age 45 of 468 excess deaths. 80 of those excess deaths are attributed to COVID-19. That means 388 of those excess deaths can be attributed to lockdown deaths.

It seems you have a shockingly hard time with the concept of the importance of protecting your family and friends from vicious totalitarians responsible for these daeths, not to mention the witless component of the populace that enables their brutal attacks.

He’s right....

You're wrong.

Lets say Keith Duncan, Tyler Linderbaum, Alaric Jackson, Tyler Goodson, and Deuce Hogan all decide to transfer to Ole Miss. And then a few weeks later the SEC shuts down football. Can Iowa get all these players back? Of course not.

Do we really need more chaos? Of course not. So Lane is wrong. You are wrong.

You're wrong.

Lets say Keith Duncan, Tyler Linderbaum, Alaric Jackson, Tyler Goodson, and Deuce Hogan all decide to transfer to Ole Miss. And then a few weeks later the SEC shuts down football. Can Iowa get all these players back? Of course not.

Do we really need more chaos? Of course not. So Lane is wrong. You are wrong.

Actually, presumably they could. Of course, that means those players would want to transfer a second time, but if the NCAA rules that scholarship players at teams/conferences that cancel/postpone their seasons are eligible to transfer to another institution without losing eligibility, then players at Ole Miss could transer to Iowa (or elsewhere). That would presumably include Keith Duncan, Tyler Linderbaum, Alaric Jackson, Tyler Goodson, and Deuce Hogan, along with every other Ole Miss player that had never been part of the Iowa program

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT