ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron James at 38 is old and washed up

I don’t feel any sort of way towards Lebron. Just don’t point at that play as something other than an all right finish. He’s 38 not 58 and he’s 6’9” not 5’9”.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
I guess there could be some overlap, but I don’t think everything is political.

Sometimes players just rub you the wrong way. I can’t stand Steph Curry and Chris Paul. Some people hate Nikola Jokic, for reasons I can’t begin to fathom. I can’t stand 90% of MLB players who open their mouths on any topic. Etc etc
Wifey will bust you up in fight club if you don’t lay off of Steph Curry. She loves that man.

• Haha
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
I was wondering if maybe he used to be faster because I finally watched him play for the first time the other night and I thought he was a bit underwhelming.

• Wow
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
James is Pathetic. He’s unwatchable. After EVERY missed shot he’s screaming at the refs about a phantom foul call he didn’t get. And then there’s this shit 20 times a game. He’s a joke.
I don’t know. That was pretty bad but he’s 38 and still better than 90% of the players out there.

Reactions: LBoogie28
Lebron James Basketball GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

lebron-flopping.gif

GIF by Fuse

That attempt at the reverse dunk last night was a costly mistake, and damn got to know when you are not hitting your 3- 0% 3pt FG% this series - quit chucking 3's Lebron.
He and Davis early in the shot clock 3's during the 4tf quarter was a killer to momentum.

The flopping was terrible on both sides, the refs need to address it early in game 3

Reactions: McLovin32
James is the only flopper in the league.

I’ve seen the dude in person a bunch of times this year. He’s easily the clumsiest graceful person I’ve ever seen. Dude can pirouette making a 10 foot touch shot, but if someone surprises him and throws him off, he turns into a stumbling doe.

That play was almost q certainly a flop, but Jokic falling down happens a lot. AD blocked a three last night, and it looked like Jokic would eat it.

I’ve seen the dude in person a bunch of times this year. He’s easily the clumsiest graceful person I’ve ever seen. Dude can pirouette making a 10 foot touch shot, but if someone surprises him and throws him off, he turns into a stumbling doe.

That play was almost q certainly a flop, but Jokic falling down happens a lot. AD blocked a three last night, and it looked like Jokic would eat it.
That's fine. My point is that everyone in the NBA flops. But people only seem upset when James does it.

• Haha
Reactions: DolphLundgren
I’ll add that the Lakers have played incredible basketball the last two games. If not for Jamal Murray going NBA Jam in the second half, this series is tied after two great basketball games.

I’ve never seen Jokic as lost as he is when Hachimura and Davis are working on him.

That's fine. My point is that everyone in the NBA flops. But people only seem upset when James does it.
People forget that Michael Jordan lobbied for fouls and everyone in the Association made fun of the special treatment he received.

People forget that Michael Jordan lobbied for fouls and everyone in the Association made fun of the special treatment he received.
Honestly my biggest gripe is all the different rules on what a foul is depending on a players size, ability, marketability.
You can't even brush Curry's arm but you can beat the shit out of Joker or Lebron and nothing is called.
And the whole waiting to see if the shot drops before calling a foul - just go ahead and tell us that the rules are flexible.

I try to get into the NBA during the playoffs as baseball just doesn't catch my interest in May and football season is still 4 months away.

The first few rounds have been pretty disappointing, other than the Sac/Gstate series. I did enjoy the last few nights of the conference finals but the Back-to-back flops by this generations GOAT and Joker reminded me why I'm thankful I grew up with 80's and 90's ball.

Sure, the guys of that generation weren't as athletic but the game was far more entertaining, generated far more excitement leading up to each game, and those dudes were so much tougher than these fragile wimps.

Love J Butler. That guy is tough as nails and it's too bad there aren't more of him in the league. It's funny when people say Daymond is a tough guy. Lol, Mahorn, Barkley, Lambier, Oakley, Rodman would have that guy tossed by half.

Oh, and anyone who thinks LeBron is greater than Jordan is just wrong. He can break every record in the league playing 3-4 more years, but the guy has never had the "IT" MJ had. Unless you were alive in the 80's and 90's you'll never understand how big Michael was. LBJ has never gotten there.

35 million people in the US watched game 6 on the 98 finals.

Less than 7 million watched LBJ's last championship run.

I try to get into the NBA during the playoffs as baseball just doesn't catch my interest in May and football season is still 4 months away.

The first few rounds have been pretty disappointing, other than the Sac/Gstate series. I did enjoy the last few nights of the conference finals but the Back-to-back flops by this generations GOAT and Joker reminded me why I'm thankful I grew up with 80's and 90's ball.

Sure, the guys of that generation weren't as athletic but the game was far more entertaining, generated far more excitement leading up to each game, and those dudes were so much tougher than these fragile wimps.

Love J Butler. That guy is tough as nails and it's too bad there aren't more of him in the league. It's funny when people say Daymond is a tough guy. Lol, Mahorn, Barkley, Lambier, Oakley, Rodman would have that guy tossed by half.

Oh, and anyone who thinks LeBron is greater than Jordan is just wrong. He can break every record in the league playing 3-4 more years, but the guy has never had the "IT" MJ had. Unless you were alive in the 80's and 90's you'll never understand how big Michael was. LBJ has never gotten there.

Now give us television show ratings from the 90s to present day, also without providing context. The TV shows were tougher in those days, they just were! And if you don't think so, you're just wrong!

Multiple times during the game last night I thought to myself, "Man, Lebron looks old". This series has not been great for him and if I'm being honest with myself as a Lakers fan, they're not winning 4 of the next 5 games. No way.

Reactions: mnole03

You sound really old in this post!

I think teams today would beat the teams of that era 8/10 times.

Multiple times during the game last night I thought to myself, "Man, Lebron looks old". This series has not been great for him and if I'm being honest with myself as a Lakers fan, they're not winning 4 of the next 5 games. No way.
His age is showing this post-season. Still, he's one of the top players on the court every game and can take over when he decides to.
But no, he's not the same player he was 3-4 years ago.

His age is showing this post-season. Still, he's one of the top players on the court every game and can take over when he decides to.
But no, he's not the same player he was 3-4 years ago.
One could argue this point. Why hasn't he done it yet? He can't turn it on and off like he used to. There's no doubt he'll have some good games in this series, because he's still Lebron. But he can't just take over when he decides to. Otherwise he just wasted 2 opportunities in those first 2, very close games.

One could argue this point. Why hasn't he done it yet? He can't turn it on and off like he used to. There's no doubt he'll have some good games in this series, because he's still Lebron. But he can't just take over when he decides to. Otherwise he just wasted 2 opportunities in those first 2, very close games.
Everyone in that game last night was gassed. Lebron helped them close the distance at the end but Murry was insane at the end.
Yes, Lebron also choked on several plays but they wouldn't have closed the gap without him.

Everyone in that game last night was gassed. Lebron helped them close the distance at the end but Murry was insane at the end.
Yes, Lebron also choked on several plays but they wouldn't have closed the gap without him.
The Lakers were winning at the end of the 3rd quarter. Lebron and his shot selection was a large reason why Denver was able to quickly put up a lot of points in the 4th.

I'd say AD had more of an impact on the Lakers getting back into the game than Lebron did. Although I will give him credit for his defense on Jokic. That's not an ideal matchup for him and he held his own in the 4th against him.

Edit: Reaves also deserves more credit than Lebron for helping the Lakers handle Murray catching on fire in the 4th.

Those 80's & 90's teams that had Top 10 players of all time like Bird, Magic, Jordan, & Hakeem are probably probably get 2 or 3 wins out of 10. The rest of those teams are going to struggle to get more than 1. The skill & athleticism gap is too much.

Reactions: BelemNole

It does always make me laugh when folks that were NBA fans in that era, try to make it sound like Larry Bird would be just as good today, as he was back then. He'd be good, no doubt. But not MVP good. Someone I used to work with years back, told me Bird would run circles around Kobe in todays game (this was back in late 2000's maybe 2010ish). I stopped the convo right there, because that's absolutely ****ing absurd.

I'm sorry LeBron isn't as great as you want him to be.

T's and P's.
Lol yeah that's what it is. It's not stereotypes like you who don't watch the NBA yet think your opinion is relevant. Nothing worse than Jordan vs James arguments, yet here you are spouting away.

Reactions: blhawk
It does always make me laugh when folks that were NBA fans in that era, try to make it sound like Larry Bird would be just as good today, as he was back then. He'd be good, no doubt. But not MVP good. Someone I used to work with years back, told me Bird would run circles around Kobe in todays game (this was back in late 2000's maybe 2010ish). I stopped the convo right there, because that's absolutely ****ing absurd.

He would whip him in horse or any sort of range shooting.

I wish we had 90's rules

Kobe. 32.9% career from 3

Bird 37.6%.

So, yeah.
I didn't disagree with you. I thought your response was very odd because who brings up Horse in a convo about old players in modern era games? Very weird.

Fun fact though: Most 3's in a game--Larry 7---Kobe 12. Kobe had 7 or more 3's 12 times in his career. Larry did it twice.

Clearly Kobe was a streaky shooter and wasn't known for his passing so he shot more often, which is why Larry's career average is higher. But I honestly thought Larry's would be higher than that.

I didn't disagree with you. I thought your response was very odd because who brings up Horse in a convo about old players in modern era games? Very weird.

Fun fact though: Most 3's in a game--Larry 7---Kobe 12. Kobe had 7 or more 3's 12 times in his career. Larry did it twice.

Clearly Kobe was a streaky shooter and wasn't known for his passing so he shot more often, which is why Larry's career average is higher. But I honestly thought Larry's would be higher than that.

Bird isn't Bob Cousy.

Thanks for taking the time to share these hot takes but even 60 year old Jojo thinks you sound like a crusty old fart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT