ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron on his future post-Lakers: “My last year will be played with my son. I would do whatever it takes to play with Bronny for one year."

That 40 year old is carrying Team USA.
So they spent another $4million to keep him happy for two years. Teams spend money on dumber things.
I mean, they spent $104 million on Lebron for 2 years too.

You can say whatever you want about drafting Bronny, I think it was stupid. But guaranteeing him a roster spot before he even played a summer league game, and guaranteeing him 8 million before playing in a summer league game is idiotic. They haven't been contenders since the bubble in 2020 when they won. They're ruining their future to keep him happy which won't result with them anywhere near a title.

Hell, they haven't even signed a free agent yet this offseason. They're one of 3 teams not to and they've struck out on all the major free agents over the past couple seasons because nobody wants to come to a team where Lebron is the one calling the shots on the roster.

I have absolutely no idea. They're bending over backwards and ruining their future to please a guy that turns 40 years old later this year and is at the twilight of his career. It makes zero sense to me. Lebron and Anthony Davis are not enough to win the Lakers anything (except that awesome in season tournament!). They need a great supporting cast to even have a chance at making noise in the Western Conference and immediately giving their 2nd round a pick a roster spot is NOT the way to make a contender.

Ruining their future is pretty strong. Bronny was the 6th to last pick in the draft. The chances of the Lakers finding a contributing player at that spot are probably less than 5%.

If Bronny is running point during crunch time while Reaves rides the bench then there's a reason to complain.

Reactions: BelemNole
Ruining their future is pretty strong. Bronny was the 6th to last pick in the draft. The chances of the Lakers finding a contributing player at that spot are probably less than 5%.

If Bronny is running point during crunch time while Reaves rides the bench then there's a reason to complain.
Giving Bronny a guaranteed contract for 8 mil before he even stepped foot on any sort of court against competition is PLENTY reason to complain. He averaged 14 ppg in high school and 4 ppg in college. He's never been a star player. I'm a lifelong Lakers fan, and it's just ****ing frustrating watching them do shit like this that doesn't help the team AT ALL. They will never be contenders until they do a complete overhaul of their front office and team.

I mean, they spent $104 million on Lebron for 2 years too.

You can say whatever you want about drafting Bronny, I think it was stupid. But guaranteeing him a roster spot before he even played a summer league game, and guaranteeing him 8 million before playing in a summer league game is idiotic. They haven't been contenders since the bubble in 2020 when they won. They're ruining their future to keep him happy which won't result with them anywhere near a title.

Hell, they haven't even signed a free agent yet this offseason. They're one of 3 teams not to and they've struck out on all the major free agents over the past couple seasons because nobody wants to come to a team where Lebron is the one calling the shots on the roster.
Everyone knows that Bronny is gone when James retires. So you pay him to keep his dad on the team. Just call the contract $108 million. It's not like he'll be on the court in the playoffs.

Lakers are a business. Lebron is good for business.

Everyone knows that Bronny is gone when James retires. So you pay him to keep his dad on the team. Just call the contract $108 million. It's not like he'll be on the court in the playoffs.

Lakers are a business. Lebron is good for business.
Winning is better for business. We can agree to disagree though. I won't have this discussion with you because when it comes to sports you'll say stuff you don't believe just to get someone riled up. So I'll bow out on this one and save us both time.

Winning is better for business. We can agree to disagree though. I won't have this discussion with you because when it comes to sports you'll say stuff you don't believe just to get someone riled up. So I'll bow out on this one and save us both time.
Which will bring the lakers more money in the next 5-10 years:
1. Keeping Lebron until retirement and all the hoopla surrounding his playing with his son and then retirement?
2. Dumping the aging talent for a rebuild and hoping that you get the right guys to make it to the top sometime in the next decade?

One is guaranteed money, the other is absolutely not.

I'll also toss in the hiring of Lebron's podcast buddy, JJ Redick in the "ruining the future" aspect of things.

Perfect example of, "It's not what you know, it's who you know." No coaching experience and is now the head coach of a top 2 franchise in NBA history.

Giving Bronny a guaranteed contract for 8 mil before he even stepped foot on any sort of court against competition is PLENTY reason to complain. He averaged 14 ppg in high school and 4 ppg in college. He's never been a star player. I'm a lifelong Lakers fan, and it's just ****ing frustrating watching them do shit like this that doesn't help the team AT ALL. They will never be contenders until they do a complete overhaul of their front office and team.

Bucks are giving Giannis's brother a charity roster spot and he can barely dribble. Nets made a washed up DeAndre Jordan their center because he was friends with Durant and Kyrie. Teams cater to their stars all the time and make room for undeserving players to do so.

Lakers probably aren't winning more anything more with LeBron but they also don't have any draft assets for another year or two (iirc) so a rebuild right now is pretty pointless. Anyway they won a ring and probably would have won another if Davis/Lebron would have stayed healthy but that's just bad luck.

Reactions: BelemNole
Bucks are giving Giannis's brother a charity roster spot and he can barely dribble. Nets made a washed up DeAndre Jordan their center because he was friends with Durant and Kyrie. Teams cater to their stars all the time and make room for undeserving players to do so.

Lakers probably aren't winning more anything more with LeBron but they also don't have any draft assets for another year or two (iirc) so a rebuild right now is pretty pointless. Anyway they won a ring and probably would have won another if Davis/Lebron would have stayed healthy but that's just bad luck.
Yup, and the 2 Bucks fans I know are pissed about that too. Just because it happens doesn't mean fans have to be happy about it.

Every Lakers fan I know is tired of Lebron and his bullshit. Thanks for the title, but now GM Lebron needs to go. The only "Lakers fans" that are happy w/ the situation right now are the ones that started being Laker fans in the summer of 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT