ADVERTISEMENT

Let's face it. Iowa has the easiest road to the Sweet 16

If Iowa has the easiest road to the Sweet 16 of any 7-seed, does that mean Temple has the easiest road to the Sweet 16 of any 10-seed?

Dude, If you going to come on our boards and talk shit, you probably want to get your facts straight and not admit your a complete douchebag.
We lost at OSU and swept both Michigan schools in basketball.

We where undefeated in regular season in football and played in the Rose Bowl.
What bowl game did you guys play in again?
Plus Iowa is not a land grant school.

"Villanova fans" = again, I have to take your word that they actually exist because I've never seen them. But I assume they're much like "Creighton fans" or "Xavier fans" in that they're a nice little group of football fans from other pro/college clubs that has a few team color shirts to throw on a few times a year during basketball season.

Also, and I mean this in the best way possible, you should be much more worried about UNC Asheville than us right now.

LOL
Seems you know nothing about Nova and its fans.
In the Bahamas you got your azz kicked and there were more Nova fans than Iowans, or whatever you're called.

Reactions: Hardy
We where undefeated in regular season in football and played in the Rose Bowl.
What bowl game did you guys play in again?

Evillainova? (Remember, that's that Andrew Kennedy character hurling taunts your way.) Well, they played in that Amos Alonzo Stagg bowl (or whatever it is that the FCS plays for) several years ago . . .

I like our chances vs Temple they are a very poor shooting team. If Iowa shoots well they should win by 10 to 15.

I like your optimism.

Interesting to note Temple has the fewest turnovers of any team in the NCAA on the year. Considering Iowa's poor shooting woes recently they need turnovers from their defense to help them win this game. I see this as a close game 70-68 range either way. Go Hawks!

I don't care if you are scared.

Nova has a coach who has multiple elite 8's, a final four, a bunch of sweet 16's. They lost to the national champs two years ago and nc state last yr. oh well. The team is still real nice.

Iowa? What have you ever done? Your school is irrelevant and your coach is a joke. Just another mega mart land grant school from the Midwest playing second fiddle to Ohio state and the two Michigan schools.

I honesty didn't even know you were in the big ten until a few hours ago. I though you were a big 12 afterthought. But looks like you are the rutgers of the Midwest. Congrats on being irrelevant at everything.

Im not trying to get into a pissing contest, because we all Nova is good at basketball. But before you talk, you might want to have something to back up your argument.

Hows your football program doing? I find it funny that the Big East can't supply a football team worth anything. I mean seriously your schools are bigger than most midwest schools, yet you put all your stock into basketball. No wonder the Big East is usually pretty good, they throw twice the amount of money towards basketball.

I see NOVA finished 5-3 in the tough CAA and 6-5 overall in Div 1AA!! HAHAHA

Come back when your relevant in something other than basketball.

Reactions: TempleBAPittMPA
Im not trying to get into a pissing contest, because we all Nova is good at basketball. But before you talk, you might want to have something to back up your argument.

Hows your football program doing? I find it funny that the Big East can't supply a football team worth anything. I mean seriously your schools are bigger than most midwest schools, yet you put all your stock into basketball. No wonder the Big East is usually pretty good, they throw twice the amount of money towards basketball.

I see NOVA finished 5-3 in the tough CAA and 6-5 overall in Div 1AA!! HAHAHA

Come back when your relevant in something other than basketball.

NEWSFLASH:
Nobody in the northeast cares about college football

You might as well brag about your wrestling team or figure skating squad. We don't care.

NEWSFLASH:
Nobody in the northeast cares about college football

You might as well brag about your wrestling team or figure skating squad. We don't care.

Kind of like we don't care about basketball? Huh could of swore Delaware was in the Northeast, they usually have a good football team, i understand they are div 1aa as well. Who would of thought that they don't care about football. Also I am pretty sure Penn State & Pitt are in the NE, they don't care about football either? Wow didn't know that.

So pretty much its all basketball for you guys? what do you the rest of the year?

Lol @Villanova fans. I mean Iowa hasn't done much either in the tournament in the past couple of years. But you guys are acting like you're Kansas or Oklahoma or something.

You are not. You are the weakest 2 seed out there. Iowa has gotten a tremendous draw.

Novasince09.jpg

LOL

You are acting like Nova didn't go to the Final Four as recently as 2009, and their coach doesn't have multiple trips to the Elite 8 and Sweet 16,.

Iowa had a real strong finish to the season with some losses to tough teams - PSU, Illinois, O$U. And they are led by a decorated coach with a strong NCAA tournament track record. Very easy to understand how Iowa fans feel so confident about heading into the NCAA tournament.

Um 2009 was 7 years ago boss. Lots changed in that time frame.

If that's the case Iowa football should be rated top 10 because 7 years ago we won the Orange Bowl! Has no impact on what happens today or tomorrow.

Reactions: IAFootball3406
Kind of like we don't care about basketball? Huh could of swore Delaware was in the Northeast, they usually have a good football team, i understand they are div 1aa as well. Who would of thought that they don't care about football. Also I am pretty sure Penn State & Pitt are in the NE, they don't care about football either? Wow didn't know that.

So pretty much its all basketball for you guys? what do you the rest of the year?

I don't know if you care about basketball or not. If not, then whatever, I have no common interest with you.

Yeah, it's pretty much basketball. That includes 30+ games from November through March. In August through January the NFL is big. People like MLB baseball up here too. So the year is pretty covered.

Delaware football is low level. They play Villanova in the non-scholarship CAA. They actually are not good, Villanova beats them regularly.

Um 2009 was 7 years ago boss. Lots changed in that time frame.

If that's the case Iowa football should be rated top 10 because 7 years ago we won the Orange Bowl! Has no impact on what happens today or tomorrow.

Um, 2009 was only 7 years ago. It is still the same coach and program that has been to the second weekend plenty of times. Jay Wright has 14 NCAA Tournament wins. You have to go back to 1987 to find Iowa's last 14 NCAA Tournament wins. Jay Wright has also owned your coach.

Sure we lost the last two years. So did Kansas.

2010-2012 was a rebuilding period for the team. Had some chemistry issues and two mcdonald's all americans had to be let go.

I don't know if you care about basketball or not. If not, then whatever, I have no common interest with you.

Yeah, it's pretty much basketball. That includes 30+ games from November through March. In August through January the NFL is big. People like MLB baseball up here too. So the year is pretty covered.

Delaware football is low level. They play Villanova in the non-scholarship CAA. They actually are not good, Villanova beats them regularly.

I just remember Delaware being good back in the day. They used to be #1 for a while. They came and beat UNI in the Dome one year. Flacco was the QB and they were good! I think they continued to be good after he left as well. But I haven't honestly followed them since I was in college.

Oh okay so there are other things out east. I was just worried because you said no one cares about football. I thought the NE was a hotbed for football, but if no one cared about it made me question if all Nova fans were like that.

Who has Villanova even beat this year? Their best wins are against teams who won't even make it to the second weekend of the tournament!

Seton Hall, Providence, Akron, and Saint Joseph's are not impressive wins by any means. They are mid-major teams for crying out loud.

file

Um, 2009 was only 7 years ago. It is still the same coach and program that has been to the second weekend plenty of times. Jay Wright has 14 NCAA Tournament wins. You have to go back to 1987 to find Iowa's last 14 NCAA Tournament wins. Jay Wright has also owned your coach.

Sure we lost the last two years. So did Kansas.

2010-2012 was a rebuilding period for the team. Had some chemistry issues and two mcdonald's all americans had to be let go.

We have the same football coach as well and same program. Huh you would think we would automatically be in the top 10. Because by your logic your coach has been there and the same program that went to the Final 4 7 years ago. Our same coach and program went to the BCS and won the Orange Bowl. Huh? Why aren't we rated high every year? Oh that's it, because it different from year to year.

I have the most respect for Jay Wright, I think he is a good coach. Hell I root for nova when you play other Big East teams that I dislike (Creighton, Xavier, and St Johns). I think you guys have a good program, but to come on here an stick out your chest and keep bragging, shows to me that you have a little brother syndrome. You are trying too hard to get people to notice you. Just let the players play and when Nova is in the final 4 again, you can stick your chest out and beat it.

I just remember Delaware being good back in the day. They used to be #1 for a while. They came and beat UNI in the Dome one year. Flacco was the QB and they were good! I think they continued to be good after he left as well. But I haven't honestly followed them since I was in college.

Oh okay so there are other things out east. I was just worried because you said no one cares about football. I thought the NE was a hotbed for football, but if no one cared about it made me question if all Nova fans were like that.

Delaware and Nova play each other. Nova wins more often than not. Nova actually dominates that CAA conference, yet we still only get 1,000 or 2,000 fans to our home playoff games for football. Literally nobody on the Villanova campus cares about the football team. Brian Westbrook played his home games in front of 3,000.

It's all hoops at the northeast schools. And that's not just Villanova. Look at Cuse, UConn, Temple, Georgetown, etc... None of them care about football at all.

Rutgers is trying to build a football niche, but that's not really going anywhere. Especially now in the Big 10 where they will consistently lose more games than they win.

LOL

You are acting like Nova didn't go to the Final Four as recently as 2009, and their coach doesn't have multiple trips to the Elite 8 and Sweet 16,.

UH OH! Somebody must have hit Andrew HARD to make him throw off his aliases and post as HIMSELF!

4.6? Oh, come on . . . you're reinvented yourself more times than that!

We have the same football coach as well and same program. Huh you would think we would automatically be in the top 10. Because by your logic your coach has been there and the same program that went to the Final 4 7 years ago. Our same coach and program went to the BCS and won the Orange Bowl. Huh? Why aren't we rated high every year? Oh that's it, because it different from year to year.

I am not saying that being good in 2009 would automatically put you in the top 10. But if you have the same coach and program, then that means if you have a quality team then you have a foundation that has been there and done well in the past. No? It's not like 2009 was a long time ago.

If Iowa football has a team that has a good season, I would give them a lot of credit for their accomplishments from their coach at that school in the past 10 or 15 years or whatever. No team achieves their ultimate goal every year. Kansas lost early the past two years. Duke had a pair of first round losses recently.

I don't understand what you are getting at. Is Iowa football not good? I thought you guys were saying you have a good coach and program. You don't think your success from say 2009 contributes to that foundation? Totally confused on that argument.

Also, it's not like Nova is throwing out RPI 100+ teams year after year. They lost to the national champions in the second round two years and lost by a basket last year to a talented team that underachieved during the season. Happens.

Who has Villanova even beat this year? Their best wins are against teams who won't even make it to the second weekend of the tournament!

Seton Hall, Providence, Akron, and Saint Joseph's are not impressive wins by any means. They are mid-major teams for crying out loud.

Nova does not have a lot of high end wins. That's true. That's why I think the 2 seed was appropriate.

Seton Hall and Providence are mid-major? They are bigger names for basketball than Iowa or Penn State or Rutgers or Minnesota or Northwestern or Illinois. Don't be silly here. People can actually remember watching Providence play in a Final Four and an Elite 8 and Seton Hall in the national championship game.

Nova does not have a lot of high end wins. That's true. That's why I think the 2 seed was appropriate.

Seton Hall and Providence are mid-major? They are bigger names for basketball than Iowa or Penn State or Rutgers or Minnesota or Northwestern or Illinois. Don't be silly here. People can actually remember watching Providence play in a Final Four and an Elite 8 and Seton Hall in the national championship game.

Mid-major is a term used in American NCAA Division I college sports, especially men's basketball, to refer to athletic conferences that are not among the so-called "Power Five conferences" (the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC, the programs of which are sometimes referred to as "high majors" by comparison).

So yes, Seton Hall and Providence are mid-major. Seton Hall went to the National Championship in 1989, 27 years ago.

Providence went to the Elite 8 in 1997, 19 years ago. Providence went to the Final Four in 1987, 29 years ago.

Your wins are a joke.

Reactions: Hawks4Life86
What is the Power 5? Is that what you call the Football 5? You are using that for basketball now? That's funny.

Big East TV contract is a major contract. Their operating budgets for basketball are just as high as any big ten school, half the conference gets invited to the dance, and the good teams get good seeds.

You going to tell me Iowa and Rutgers and Penn State are major basketball programs but Georgetown, Villanova and Marquette are not? WOW. Shows what you know about college hoops.

Good thing recruits disagree as Villanova landed the top kid in Illinois (Brunson) last year and the top kid from Ohio this year (Spellman)

So yes, Seton Hall and Providence are mid-major. Seton Hall went to the National Championship in 1989, 27 years ago.

Providence went to the Elite 8 in 1997, 19 years ago. Providence went to the Final Four in 1987, 29 years ago.

Your wins are a joke.

And isn't that better than Iowa, Penn State, Rutgers, Nebraska, Purdue, etc...?

Last edited:
What is the Power 5? Is that what you call the Football 5? You are using that for basketball now? That's funny.

Big East TV contract is a major contract. Their operating budgets for basketball are just as high as any big ten school, half the conference gets invited to the dance, and the good teams get good seeds.

You going to tell me Iowa and Rutgers and Penn State are major basketball programs but Georgetown, Villanova and Marquette are not? WOW. Shows what you know about college hoops.

Good thing recruits disagree as Villanova landed the top kid in Illinois (Brunson) last year and the top kid from Ohio this year (Spellman)

A Power-5 team just upset you guys last year, an 8 seed for that matter...

And for the record, NC State finished 7th in the ACC last year.

caqk-i5uuae_otb.jpg

And isn't that better than Iowa, Penn State, Rutgers, Nebraska, Purdue, etc...?

Meanwhile Marquette, Nova, Georgetown and Butler (x2) have all been to the final 4 in then 2000's.

What is your fixation on saying Iowa, and then including the bottom pile of the Big Ten?

Look at the history, mid-major teams have some success. Some. But the Final Four is largely determined by P5 schools.

What is your fixation on saying Iowa, and then including the bottom pile of the Big Ten?

Look at the history, mid-major teams have some success. Some. But the Final Four is largely determined by P5 schools.

do you even pay attention to college hoops or is it all football to you?

since 2003, teams in the final four:

Big East:
Marquette
Nova
Georgetown
Butler
4 of the 10 teams

Big Ten:
Michigan State
Illinois
Michigan
Wisconsin
4 of the 14 teams

I don't care if the Big East plays football or not, that doesn't make Rutgers, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern, etc... better hoops schools than Georgetown, Marquette or Villanova

Providence, Seton Hall and St. John's are all better historic basketball programs than Iowa. At least the past 40 years. You disagree with that?

And those aren't even the big guys out of the Big East.

Here are the NBA all stars by conference:

Big East 3 (2 starters)
Kyle Lowry - Villanova (S)
Dwayne Wade - Marquette (S)
Jimmy Butler - Marquette

Big 10 1
Draymond Green - Michigan State

Seriously, I am sure Big 10 basketball is king in the Midwest, as it should be. Some great teams in that conference. But for somebody viewing your conference from the northeast, you have had Penn State for decades and just added Rutgers. That takes you out of the trash talking game about your conference (of which Iowa hasn't exactly contributed much to basketball-wise)

Reactions: Nova69
Since 2013, Nova has played a Big 10 school 5 times, and their record against them is 5-0, including a win against Iowa on a neutral floor. The NC St. game was against a team that also beat 3 top 10 teams that year in Duke, Louisville, and UNC. They were a very good team.

Ummmm, this is the NCAA tournament which is basketball. This isn't spring practice. Why should football even be mentioned in this conversation? In saying that, everyone loses in the NCAA tournament. Kansas hasn't gotten out the first weekend in the last 2 tournaments either. If Iowa gets past Temple I look forward to a good game against them. While we did beat Xavier, we had no bad losses.

Since 2013, Nova has played a Big 10 school 5 times, and their record against them is 5-0, including a win against Iowa on a neutral floor. The NC St. game was against a team that also beat 3 top 10 teams that year in Duke, Louisville, and UNC. They were a very good team.

Shhhh, we don't play football.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT