ADVERTISEMENT

Letting pets run your lives

A great business is a doggie daycare if your area isn’t already saturated with them.

Make it big, open, and clean and you will find all kinds of people bringing their dog to you. These places make a lot of money. 20-40 dogs at $20 each per day. They get picked up every night

funny-dog-cartoons-off-the-leash-134-5888799118082__700.jpg

It doesn't limit them, it limits me because we're somehow expected to take care of the dog when anything comes up. That's my wife's fault.

Our cat will now limp the rest of her life thanks to the dog.

I like dogs better than cats, don't want one though. Cats take care of themselves for the most part.

Nope. We've got a dog and don't take him to a kennel. But my dad no pics lives about 40 mins away, and he ****ing looooooves when we leave and he gets to dog-sit. He spoils the shit out of our dog whenever he gets him. It works well for everyone.

Same thing with us......my Mom (no pics sickos) loves our dog maybe more than us......so asking her to dog sit is no problem. And our dog LOVES grandma too.

We can't hardly say the word "Grandma" in our house in front of the dog because then she thinks we are going there and grandma always gives her a treat the moment she walks in the door so she gets all excited just hearing the word.

My wife (no pic) and I adopted my dad's (no pic) 13-year-old miniature poodle (pic below) when my stepmother (no pic) died and we put my dad into a memory care nursing home. She's a great dog, very calm and well behaved, but they never boarded her. It's been 18 months since we've had her and it has altered our routines. We used to go out after work for a drink or dinner, but now we have to go home first to let her out and feed her. We didn't take a vacation last summer because we didn't want to board her. It's been an adjustment but nobody else wanted her and I couldn't send her to a shelter.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

My wife (no pic) and I adopted my dad's (no pic) 13-year-old miniature poodle (pic below) when my stepmother (no pic) died and we put my dad into a memory care nursing home. She's a great dog, very calm and well behaved, but they never boarded her. It's been 18 months since we've had her and it has altered our routines. We used to go out after work for a drink or dinner, but now we have to go home first to let her out and feed her. We didn't take a vacation last summer because we didn't want to board her. It's been an adjustment but nobody else wanted her and I couldn't send her to a shelter.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

You are good for doing this....I mean it.

Look at those eyes, she lost her people too, so glad you were able to help out.

Do you have a neighborhood kid you could pay a little cash to that would let her out after school or something?

Not sure the types of vacations you take, obviously big city type vacations are not conducive to pets, but we do a lake vacation every year and always find dog friendly places to stay.

(or if said neighbor kid you get to help out after school becomes comfortable with the dog, maybe they could dog sit during a vacation?)

Reactions: hawkeyeandy
We take our dog to a doggy daycare twice per week just so he can run around and play with other dogs. He loves it and is exhausted when he gets home. We boarded him once and they said he just ran around and played like he always does. That said, most of the time we leave one of our boys watches him or he goes to grandmas who spoils him.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Try taking her to daycare once and see how well she does. Most places will give you a report card, take pics or even have video feeds you can look in on to see what they are doing.

You are good for doing this....I mean it.

Look at those eyes, she lost her people too, so glad you were able to help out.

Do you have a neighborhood kid you could pay a little cash to that would let her out after school or something?

Not sure the types of vacations you take, obviously big city type vacations are not conducive to pets, but we do a lake vacation every year and always find dog friendly places to stay.

(or if said neighbor kid you get to help out after school becomes comfortable with the dog, maybe they could dog sit during a vacation?)
Thanks. She is a sweetheart. We live in the country and don't have any close neighbors. We're exploring dog-friendly vacation destinations for this summer. We'll make it work; it's just a big adjustment.

Reactions: JustSayOV

GetAttachmentThumbnail
My mini golden doodles look at me with the same eyes, but they have never stopped us from taking a vacation. They get boarded. When we get back and pick them up, they are overjoyed to see us and I have never heard them complain about the experience. 😃

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT