ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals…just why

Oh please. This is the new "acceptable" method of going after gay people and triggering anti-gay bigots, just like CRT is the new acceptable method of doing racisms.

And as with CRT, you have to nut pick to do it. It's despicable and vile.

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK!

Have your Gay Day Celebrations all you want. Get out on the street and flaunt it (within the bounds of local parade permit schemes of course).

But this doesn't need to be promoted in schools.

Look, take the "gay" out of this... an attractive girl can make big money being a stripper. Should the schools promote that lifestyle choice for those who qualify? Should a stripper appear at a school function to promote that career choice?

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK!

Have your Gay Day Celebrations all you want. Get out on the street and flaunt it (within the bounds of local parade permit schemes of course).

But this doesn't need to be promoted in schools.

Look, take the "gay" out of this... an attractive girl can make big money being a stripper. Should the schools promote that lifestyle choice for those who qualify? Should a stripper appear at a school function to promote that career choice?
It's like the caravans and all the other BS the Republicans push to scare their stupid base, the drag queens are coming for YOUR school. Vote Dem and they'll put a "drag queen" into every elementary school!

Again, it's despicable and vile, but this is you and this is the Republican party. Gotta keep the stupid Republican rabble riled up over stupid shit that doesn't have any actual relevance to their lives.

It's like the caravans and all the other BS the Republicans push to scare their stupid base, the drag queens are coming for YOUR school. Vote Dem and they'll put a "drag queen" into every elementary school!

Again, it's despicable and vile, but this is you and this is the Republican party. Gotta keep the stupid Republican rabble riled up over stupid shit that doesn't have any actual relevance to their lives.

Instead of hurling lame insults, I prefer you respond like an adult. So, I'll ask again - What critical life skill are they learning by watching this?
I wouldn't agree with it to a "captive audience", but a) it's not the downfall of civilization to any stretch, Karens and b) I'm not going to just accept the narrative here as being true considering time after time these narratives have proven to be right wing hoaxes. American Conservatives today are frankly serial liars who feel the need to push culture war issues and victimhood.

I wouldn't agree with it to a "captive audience", but a) it's not the downfall of civilization to any stretch, Karens and b) I'm not going to just accept the narrative here as being true considering time after time these narratives have proven to be right wing hoaxes.
"Hoaxes". What are you even talking about and why are you choosing to insert that word into this discussion?

Are you saying the video we all just watched is a hoax?

Lookit... the entire "PRIDE" campaign is designed to make LGBTQXYZ "normal".

Well it's not normal. It'll never be normal. "Normal" means what usually happens. Transgender-queerness is the opposite of what usually happens.

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
"Hoaxes". What are you even talking about and why are you choosing to insert that word into this discussion?

Are you saying the video we all just watched is a hoax?
Doubtful this was a school event, especially middle school. You know that account has been caught falsifying context over and over, correct?

It's both. Repubs that push this stuff foe political profit or as "end times" are nuts as are the people that think it's important for whatever reason to have drag queens perform in front of grade schoolers.

Ultimately...it's just idiotic from almost all angles.

No, being exposed to drag queens isn't psychologically damaging kids. At the same time... why? Why sexy drag queen performances in schools? Whatever important message you're trying to get across... sexy drag queens? Really?

It's America being ****ing nuts. It's like one maladaptive response leads to another.

It's just a clown show. Why are we talking about this at all?

Last edited:

No, being exposed to drag queens isn't psychologically damaging kids. At the same time... why?

It's America being ****ing nuts. It's like one maladaptive response leads to another.
clint-eastwood-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.gif

If you were desperate for some queer willing to sleep with you, wouldn't you want to expand the pool of "gender-sexual questioning" participants?

I mean, that's just common sense!
Trad, you’re an idiot. Like, you wouldn’t have a career if you didn’t start in the military. I’m surprised you’re allowed to drive. You provide nothing but stupidity to the world. I hope your children do not grow up to be the slack-jawed bigot you are.

This is a strange thread.

Im not sure how rare these drag queen shows are. There was one at a High School at Ankeny and a public library in Davenport. But the problem is the parents that object to having that foisted on their kids at a public school?

I would object to a drag show at my kids school, absolutely. It’s inappropriate at a high school and even more so with younger ages.

No, being exposed to drag queens isn't psychologically damaging kids. At the same time... why? Why sexy drag queen performances in schools? Whatever important message you're trying to get across... sexy drag queens? Really?

It's just a clown show. Why are we talking about this at all?
JFC. There aren't any llberals or dems actually pushing this (if anyone wants to claim differently--find me the politicians pushing drag queen shows)--this is just standard issue rightwing Republican nut-picking and scare-mongering. It's CRT and caravans, it's idiotic.

Reactions: nelly02

Well it's not normal. It'll never be normal. "Normal" means what usually happens. Transgender-queerness is the opposite of what usually happens.
As anyone should have figured, this is actually about anti-gay bigots trying to find an outlet for their bigotry that's acceptable, same thing as with CRT when it comes to racism. Despicable and vile.

A lot of Americans thought interracial marriage wasn't normal not too long ago. The bigots where wrong then and they are wrong now about the LGTBQ+ community.

I’m not sure which one of us is more deranged. Me, for trying to maintain some sort of decorum. Or you, for going to the depths that you have in order to continue to post here.
We established that we have different ideas of what “decorum” is and the relative importance. We also established that I’ll do what I want and so will you. Seems we’re both living up to our agreement. You let people be outright bigots, while thinking challenging their bigotry with some heated language is too much. To each their own. Based on our conversation I suspect you would like to ban that bigot because you also recognize his being a bigot, but you won’t. That may have the appearance of favoring a “side”, one might argue.

And that, Mike? It’s that which is deranged.

People will keep broad-brushing and making blanket-statements, essentially using the same rhetorical formulas that were used to justify slavery and Jim Crow and pretty much all instances of genocide. But curse words, by golly, don’t do that. That’s not “decorum”.

I agree with you, language is important. It directly affects how we think about the world and all its beautifully diverse peoples and cultures. You stick to that “neutral” low-hanging fruit of curse words. And I’ll stick to caring about what I care about.

But how much does this really happen? Why bother getting worked up about something so rare?
Dude....getting worked up by anecdotal evidence/examples is a staple across the spectrum nowadays.

Blame social media.

Remember the central park Karen that was national news? A prime example of "white privilege/racism". Without social media that's not even a story....

There are hundreds of examples of these type things....

We take a anecdotal example and blow it up all out of proportion.

Gives folks a distorted view of where we're actually at in a country of 320 million...

We established that we have different ideas of what “decorum” is and the relative importance. We also established that I’ll do what I want and so will you. Seems we’re both living up to our agreement. You let people be outright bigots, while thinking challenging their bigotry with some heated language is too much. To each their own. Based on our conversation I suspect you would like to ban that bigot because you also recognize his being a bigot, but you won’t. That may have the appearance of favoring a “side”, one might argue.

People will keep broad-brushing and making blanket-statements, essentially using the same rhetorical formulas that were used to justify slavery and Jim Crow and pretty much all instances of genocide. But curse words, by golly, don’t do that. That’s not “decorum”.

I agree with you, language is important. It directly affects how we think about the world and all its beautifully diverse peoples and cultures. You stick to that “neutral” low-hanging fruit of curse words. And I’ll stick to caring about what I care about.

Also, where was the outrage when the broad brushes come from the left? You realize that happens 20X more often, correct?

Last edited:
Trad, you’re an idiot. Like, you wouldn’t have a career if you didn’t start in the military. I’m surprised you’re allowed to drive. You provide nothing but stupidity to the world. I hope your children do not grow up to be the slack-jawed bigot you are.

You obviously weren't around for Trad's thread about how his son should be able to sue the drug dealer that beat up his son, after his son cheated the drug dealer. That's a weird thought process when someone feels the need to sue rather than trying to get help for their son.

Your interaction with me, recently, is a microcosm of what takes place here daily. You have no idea what is or isn’t being done from moment to moment. You don’t know who has been warned for their inability to control their language or expressing themselves in what is generally considered as sexist, bigotry, hateful, or just plain not being a normal human.

you, Sir, keep doing you. And I will continue to do me.

• Love
Reactions: State of Illinois
I know I'm weird but I find both this and the fact that our kids have to go through school shooting drills highly disturbing.

This isn't about not letting kids know that LGBTQ people exist. It's about not exposing kids to sexual content. I don't care if it's under the guise of "acceptance" or not.

Your interaction with me, recently, is a microcosm of what takes place here daily. You have no idea what is or isn’t being done from moment to moment. You don’t know who has been warned for their inability to control their language or expressing themselves in what is generally considered as sexist, bigotry, hateful, or just plain not being a normal human.

you, Sir, keep doing you. And I will continue to do me.
This, too, has been established. I appreciate that you feel a need to defend what you do, and how you do it. I’m just doing the same.

What’s a “normal” human? Maybe it’s a “moderate” republican?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT