ADVERTISEMENT

Libertarians are the only sane political beings left.

You don't have that freedom. You never did. You never will. It's never existed in any civilized society. It never will. You fairy tale is just that - a fairy tale. You might as well start every post with "Once upon a time..."

You've taught nothing. Learned nothing. You think simply...your reasoning is shallow to the point of being non-existent.
I don't think they're interested in a civilized society.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I don't think they're interested in a civilized society.
They don't really want a society at all. They view every individual as a sovereign king of their own domain, responsible for their every need individually as if they were cavemen out in the forest forging their own way.

You don't have that freedom. You never did. You never will. It's never existed in any civilized society. It never will. You fairy tale is just that - a fairy tale. You might as well start every post with "Once upon a time..."

You've taught nothing. Learned nothing. You think simply...your reasoning is shallow to the point of being non-existent.
Sure thing Hitler, right I'm doing exactly what I want and there is nothing to stop me. You're wrong, again.

They don't really want a society at all. They view every individual as a sovereign king of their own domain, responsible for their every need individually as if they were cavemen out in the forest forging their own way.
We do and it's beautiful. Your world is an illusion, nothing more.

You've not demonstrated any other kind of thinking. Most people would be distraught to be denied the ability to be with their significant other at an emotional time. Not you. Nope...you're above that...until you're not.
Well, I wouldn't expect you to interpret any other kind of thinking.

I'm not "above" anything. I'm simply not worried about being denied access to them at that time.

Well, I wouldn't expect you to interpret any other kind of thinking.

I'm not "above" anything. I'm simply not worried about being denied access to them at that time.
And that's a nice privilege you can be reasonably certain of enjoying. Pointing to the cheapness of your position.

More like non-existent fantasy concepts. Live in your imagination if you like, but it's not real. In the real world we need real enforceable, actionable laws and policy to deal with real problems. You pretend reality isn't real to give your fantasy world more meaning. I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between real and imagined, but you're just denigrating concepts you are closed off from.
"In the real world..."

Good one! We create our own reality. It's really that simple. Some of us are threatened by how others do it, some of us aren't.

And that's a nice privilege you can be reasonably certain of enjoying. Pointing to the cheapness of your position.
Well, there was never any price involved.

Maybe you feel the need for "protection" because of your lack of awareness of your soul and spirituality. That's fine. Now you have that protection you think you need, as you see it. I'm happy for you.

"In the real world..."

Good one! We create our own reality. It's really that simple. Some of us are threatened by how others do it, some of us aren't.
That's a crazy thought. Reality is objective. It's factual. It's shared by all. If you're creating your own reality we can't really trust anything you say.

That's a crazy thought. Reality is objective. It's factual. It's shared by all. If you're creating your own reality we can't really trust anything you say.
"We can't?" How many people are you?

Your ignorance to what I'm saying may make me appear crazy to you. That's fine.

Here... see if this can help you.
"How we create the reality we experience"

How many people are you? Derp! o_O

I'm glad you aren't lonely in your fantasy. This is literally an admission of crazy. Perceptions are not individualized realities. Reality is real, not dependent on your mental state. It's objective, like the temperature on a thermometer. We all get to reference the same shared reality. The temperature doesn't change in reality when you are ill or go through menopause. That's just a perception. You are literally fooling yourself.

"How we create the reality we experience"

How many people are you? Derp! o_O

I'm glad you aren't lonely in your fantasy. This is literally an admission of crazy. Perceptions are not individualized realities. Reality is real, not dependent on your mental state. It's objective, like the temperature on a thermometer. We all get to reference the same shared reality. The temperature doesn't change in reality when you are ill or go through menopause. That's just a perception. You are literally fooling yourself.
Organized religion must have really done a number on you.

I'd say it has more to do with your messy thinking. Break free of the fantasy. The material world is all that's real for humans.
I'm not religious. Never have been.

ETA: You might wanna refrain from speaking for all humans. I'm trying my best to do the same.

Well, there was never any price involved.

Maybe you feel the need for "protection" because of your lack of awareness of your soul and spirituality. That's fine. Now you have that protection you think you need, as you see it. I'm happy for you.
Can you answer a question for me? Assuming your ideal society includes much less or even no govt "protection" or involvement, isn't a fundamental component of that view fairness? A free society where everyone is free to do as they please is one that is fair. There are not certain groups given protections or advantages over others.

Until that utopia is established, in a system where the govt is involved in regulating and protecting, doesn't it make sense that those protections are applied fairly and equitably?

I'm not religious. Never have been.

ETA: You might wanna refrain from speaking for all humans. I'm trying my best to do the same.
You should stop thinking you're not part of humanity and able to speak in common. You're not the special being you are pretending to be. You are a physical hunk of meat just like all of us in the same reality.

Sure thing Hitler, right I'm doing exactly what I want and there is nothing to stop me.

No, you aren't and yes there is.

And I will amend that to say, you may be doing exactly what you want. But it is within the constraints of society and you simply choose not to cross those boundaries. Like most other folks.

You would do well to read Strum's link (so would he).

"What is real is not imaginary. Something that is real is seen to have actual existence and not merely possible, apparent or imaginary."

Last edited:
"In the real world..."

No one here is "threatened" by your imaginary world. Here's a question...if - in this world you've created - you can go where you want and do what you want and experience this total freedom...why do you give a damn about a political system that's irrelevant to your fantasy world?

And I will amend that to say, you may be doing exactly what you want. But it is within the constraints of society and you simply choose not to cross those boundaries. Like most other folks.

"What is real is not imaginary. Something that is real is seen to have actual existence and not merely possible, apparent or imaginary."
I did read it it. I didn't stop with that isolated statement.

No one here is "threatened" by your imaginary world. Here's a question...if - in this world you've created - you can go where you want and do what you want and experience this total freedom...why do you give a damn about a political system that's irrelevant to your fantasy world?
First off, it's not "imaginary" for me. It is my reality, just like your reality is yours.

Technically, I really don't care about the system itself. It's a corrupt, rigged charade. I think it would serve people better to acknowledge it. But, if they don't, that's fine. I realize that a great many people embrace and enjoy the flaws and blatant hypocrisies it affords. Some people flat-out count on them. They exploit it!

First off, it's not "imaginary" for me. It is my reality, just like your reality is yours.

Technically, I really don't care about the system itself. It's a corrupt, rigged charade. I think it would serve people better to acknowledge it. But, if they don't, that's fine. I realize that a great many people embrace and enjoy the flaws and blatant hypocrisies it affords. Some people flat-out count on them. They exploit it!

LOL...yeah, you don't care about something you bring up at every opportunity, And you haven't worked on "over 6" campaigns through the past x years. Why do you even care about "what a great many people embrace and enjoy"?

0c29c35534847048e35b503046f0e6db.jpg

Tell you what...if you "technically don't care"..walk away.

LOL...yeah, you don't care about something you bring up at every opportunity, And you haven't worked on "over 6" campaigns through the past x years. Why do you even care about "what a great many people embrace and enjoy"?

0c29c35534847048e35b503046f0e6db.jpg

Tell you what...if you "technically don't care"..walk away.
And give up this scintillating banter? No way.

I have come to understand a lot of this AFTER I experienced what I did in all that time. This is where I am with it, at this point. I haven't contributed my time or efforts to any campaigns since 2012. From 2007-2012, I was wrung-out.

Commenting and sharing my views is enjoyable for me. I'm not sure that I "bring it up", but if I do participate here, then it's likely that I will bring my perspective with me.

This is where I am with it, at this point. I haven't contributed my time or efforts to any campaigns since 2012. From 2007-2012, I was wrung-out.

"But as you admonish others for not "doing anything" about it......you aren't doing anything about it either because you've convinced yourself that nothing can change. And because you believe it........it must be so."

Well said?

"But as you admonish others for not "doing anything" about it......you aren't doing anything about it either because you've convinced yourself that nothing can change. And because you believe it........it must be so."

Well said?
Not even well-typed.

Things are ALWAYS changing. I've not "convinced myself" of that. I've come to know it.

Not even well-typed.

Well, I copied and pasted it from Prime and the "Well said" is quoting you...sooooo....

Things are ALWAYS changing. I've not "convinced myself" of that. I've come to know it.

The good news is, this is changing...ALWAYS:

It's a corrupt, rigged charade. I think it would serve people better to acknowledge it. But, if they don't, that's fine. I realize that a great many people embrace and enjoy the flaws and blatant hypocrisies it affords. Some people flat-out count on them. They exploit it!

Last edited:
Well, I copied and pasted it from Prime and the "Well said" is quoting you...sooooo....

Well, the good news is, this is changing...ALWAYS:

It's a corrupt, rigged charade. I think it would serve people better to acknowledge it. But, if they don't, that's fine. I realize that a great many people embrace and enjoy the flaws and blatant hypocrisies it affords. Some people flat-out count on them. They exploit it!
Good news is good.

The only one imagining things is the mini Hitler named tarheelbybirth. I do what I want.

The good news is, this is changing...ALWAYS:

Copied and pasted what exactly?

The only one imagining things is the mini Hitler named tarheelbybirth. I do what I want.

LOL...that's already been established. But you do it within the constraints of society. And you pretend that you have some imaginary "total freedom" because you choose to operate within those constraints...the same as almost everyone else. The only people who truly "do what they want" are sociopaths.

LOL...that's already been established. But you do it within the constraints of society. And you pretend that you have some imaginary "total freedom" because you choose to operate within those constraints...the same as almost everyone else. The only people who truly "do what they want" are sociopaths.
I never said I wasn't one did I? I'm fully aware that my thoughts and practices aren't considered to always be normal. You say sociopath, I say enlightened. Although your meaning of the word does apply to certain people, but in this case I don't think so.

I never said I wasn't one did I? I'm fully aware that my thoughts and practices aren't considered to always be normal. You say sociopath, I say enlightened. Although your meaning of the word does apply to certain people, but in this case I don't think so.

*sigh* Put that claim right up there with the venerated HROT super model significant other and ten digit salary. o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT