ADVERTISEMENT

Libertarians are the only sane political beings left.

Now I see why divorce and marriage is such a huge industry! The "legal state" opens it up to a huge cash register.

I don't mind acting illegally when it comes to having emotional relationships with those I choose to be close to.
Exactly, and exactly the reason that sane people don't need to register for licenses. Natural is afraid of personal responsiblities.

It's whatever we want it to be. You can still make choices like this on your won. Two people decide whether they want to be married or not, in all it's about a relationship commitment. Nothing more and nothing less. You are truly a slave aren't you my friend?
I don't think he's a 'slave', but he is obviously needing some sort of outside approval or recognition for it to be legitimate in his perception. It's one of the downsides to the game he plays.

I just wonder of the obsession with the "legality" affects the longevity and strength of the bond emotionally. I don't wonder too much, just a little.

It's whatever we want it to be. You can still make choices like this on your won. Two people decide whether they want to be married or not, in all it's about a relationship commitment. Nothing more and nothing less. You are truly a slave aren't you my friend?
Ridiculous. More crazy talk.

Exactly, and exactly the reason that sane people don't need to register for licenses. Natural is afraid of personal responsiblities.
I dunno if I would say Natural is "insane" because he needs the state to recognize his actions for him to feel that they are real. It's just something I don't need. and, you don't either. What is interesting here is; if you and I don't have the state's recognition for OUR marriages, natural won't recognize us as being married! He was being discriminated against and now he's doing the discriminating. I love how the world works!

Reactions: HawktimusPrime
Ridiculous. More crazy talk.
Wow! I love where this has gone! It shows me just how crystallized and "conservative" you can be! You remind me of the old, "conservative" guys that fear things they don't understand and resort to juvenile retorts like yours here.

I dunno if I would say Natural is "insane" because he needs the state to recognize his actions for him to feel that they are real. It's just something I don't need. and, you don't either. What is interesting here is; if you and I don't have the state's recognition for OUR marriages, natural won't recognize us as being married! He was being discriminated against and now he's doing the discriminating. I love how the world works!
Again you can't separate your feelings from reality. I need it on the law books because that is how a thing becomes a right. The Marriage fight was is about rights, not feelings. This is an especially cheap reply from a person granted those rights even if he doesn't get a license. You neither understand nor respect civil rights, you will be an easy victim for the libertarians. Fortunately you can just close your eyes and live in paradise.

Again you can't separate your feelings from reality.
My feelings ARE reality! I'm sorry you can't understand that.

Fortunately you can just close your eyes and live in paradise.

It's awesome! No victimization at all. You were deriding me before as BEING a Libertarian. Now, you have me as a potential victim of Libertarian. Of course, this is impossible since, by your own admission, Libertarians don't have any impact on society. Did a Libertarian steel a boyfriend in your past?

ETA: I don't even have to close my eyes anymore!

Reactions: HawktimusPrime
My feelings ARE reality! I'm sorry you can't understand that.

It's awesome! No victimization at all. You were deriding me before as BEING a Libertarian. Now, you have me as a potential victim of Libertarian. Of course, this is impossible since, by your own admission, Libertarians don't have any impact on society. Did a Libertarian steel a boyfriend in your past?

ETA: I don't even have to close my eyes anymore!
At least you admit you're crazy. Let me know if you ever enter objective reality again. Enjoy your journey.

At least you admit you're crazy. Let me know if you ever enter objective reality again. Enjoy your journey.
"Crazy" is subjective. You're resorting to insults again. You don't need to do that. You're better than that.

This will help you; the state doesn't recognize or identify me as being crazy. So, that should be all you need.

"Crazy" is subjective. You're resorting to insults again. You don't need to do that. You're better than that.

This will help you; the state doesn't recognize or identify me as being crazy. So, that should be all you need.
So the state has screened you? How did that come about? I must not be the only one that thinks inventing reality and thinking yourself a God is pretty delusional.

I don't need that. If that makes me crazy to you, that's fine.
Of course you don't, your rights were already protected. Which is why you're position is so cheap. You pay a minimal price for not getting a marriage license as common law rules covered you already. Until recently, that wasn't true for me.

So the state has screened you? How did that come about? I must not be the only one that thinks inventing reality and thinking yourself a God is pretty delusional.
I was being somewhat facetious. You seem to need "empirical data" and some official state seal of approval or recognition for anything to be "real" to you.

You're not someone who engages their own spirituality very much. Maybe that's what's causing the disconnect for you. I don't know. I don't need to adopt your reality, but I don't think you're delusional. I just think you're different.

I was being somewhat facetious. You seem to need "empirical data" and some official state seal of approval or recognition for anything to be "real" to you.

You're not someone who engages their own spirituality very much. Maybe that's what's causing the disconnect for you. I don't know. I don't need to adopt your reality, but I don't think you're delusional. I just think you're different.
I do need empirical material data. Spirituality isn't real, it's all fantasy. People who think fantasy is real are crazy.

Of course you don't, your rights were already protected. Which is why you're position is so cheap. You pay a minimal price for not getting a marriage license as common law rules covered you already. Until recently, that wasn't true for me.
I don't even care about, or consider, "common law" as a circumstance or variable for us. "Marriage" for me is between me and my significant other. We will inform other people along the way, as needed. I don't need the state to recognize this, okay? Those "laws" are state mechanisms, not ours. If you need the state to recognize it and validate it, then that is your choice. It's no more a "right" with or without their consent to me.

if it's any consolation, I would have always... ALWAYS... recognized your desire to be recognized as being married, and committed to the man, woman, person, dog, houseplant, that you chose. People loving each other and wanting to be recognized for that is more of an instinct than a right. I won't even make you pay a fee for a piece of paper and processing.

Reason is liberal. Magic is conservative.
I never said "magic." Magic is more illusion and sleight of hand. I said Spiritual. That is a completely different concept. I'm sorry you don't understand it. I think maybe you're confusing it with religion. Most religious people do the same thing. I can't help how religion has bastardized spirituality to control people.

You're a stickler with word associations and how you think they work. I'm sure that the realization of being anything other than what you feel is liberal will bother you. But, scoffing and belittling what you don't understand is exactly what you're doing.

There is nothing magical, or mystical, or surreal about Spirituality except one's own ignorance to understanding it.

"Well, let’s face it. These laws, that you say, hidden laws, they are hidden, but they are only hidden by our ignorance, and the word mysticism is just being arrived at by people’s ignorance. There’s nothing mystical about it. It’s only that you’re ignorant of what it entails."

George Harrison to John Mortimer in October 1967 about how Transcendental Meditation and spiritual exploration was not a reality, but that they were "hidden laws."

I don't think it's possible to "waste a vote." I don't care who you are and what the circumstance is. Wasting a vote would be to NOT vote. Otherwise, you're using it, not wasting it.

And, are you implying that you don't talk down to people here?
Sure I do, but it doesn't represent the entirety of what I'm willing to do to bring about the type of change that you seem to think is so critical. You act as if what you're ranting about is crucial to our future, yet do essentially nothing to actually make it happen. What's worse, you seem to think we should do the work for you. In addition to being delusional, it seems you're also lazy.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I don't even care about, or consider, "common law" as a circumstance or variable for us. "Marriage" for me is between me and my significant other. We will inform other people along the way, as needed. I don't need the state to recognize this, okay? Those "laws" are state mechanisms, not ours. If you need the state to recognize it and validate it, then that is your choice. It's no more a "right" with or without their consent to me.

And without it, you can be denied hospital visitation "rights" (or whatever you want to call them). You can be forced to testify against your partner in court. You can be denied the "right" to make medical decisions for your incapacitated significant other.

Of course, you don't need to be married...but there are benefits that can't be denied.

And without it, you can be denied hospital visitation "rights" (or whatever you want to call them). You can be forced to testify against your partner in court. You can be denied the "right" to make medical decisions for your incapacitated significant other.

Of course, you don't need to be married...but there are benefits that can't be denied.
Well, we'll deal with those when, or if, they ever become a factor. I'm not really that concerned about it.

Well, we'll deal with those when, or if, they ever become a factor. I'm not really that concerned about it.

Yeah, those, and other rights, fall under the heading of "I don't need them....until I do." Of course, it'll be too late at that point but that pretty much defines how you approach everything, doesn't it?

Sure I do, but it doesn't represent the entirety of what I'm willing to do to bring about the type of change that you seem to think is so critical. You act as if what you're ranting about is crucial to our future, yet do essentially nothing to actually make it happen. What's worse, you seem to think we should do the work for you. In addition to being delusional, it seems you're also lazy.
Well, you don't really know what I've actively done, do you?

But, in the last 9 years, I've contributed probably 8 full months of my own, personal time to over 6 political campaigns. I can't even guess how much i spent out-of-pocket. I was not paid, I volunteered. It was some of teh most fun I have ever had and there was a lot of disappointment. But, I learned a great deal and feel much wiser and familiar with so many aspects of the process- good and bad. One of the worst, and most disconcerting, aspects was watching the local and state conventions completely ignore protocol and rules in 2012. Ron Paul delegates were present and ignored and other candidates' delegates weren't present and were counted. The delegate/electoral process is a total charade. But, making people aware of the futility in being in perpetual war globally, and the war on drugs has made an impact.

Yeah, those, and other rights, fall under the heading of "I don't need them....until I do." Of course, it'll be too late at that point but that pretty much defines how you approach everything, doesn't it?
I'm not concerned at all about being NOT being able to visit my sick companion in the hospital. If this obsession about rights is basically limited to "what happens when they're at death's door", then I'm really not that concerned.

And, as far as the "benefits" in financial terms? No, thanks. To me, that belittles the whole human aspect of the relationship. It institutionalizes it even more. That's one reason it's such big business.

And, no, that is not how I approach everything.

You are the one who has to have a piece of paper that says you're allowed to live and love someone for as both as you shall live......you hate our freedom don't you?

"Well, let’s face it. These laws, that you say, hidden laws, they are hidden, but they are only hidden by our ignorance, and the word mysticism is just being arrived at by people’s ignorance. There’s nothing mystical about it. It’s only that you’re ignorant of what it entails."

George Harrison to John Mortimer in October 1967 about how Transcendental Meditation and spiritual exploration was not a reality, but that they were "hidden laws."
More like non-existent fantasy concepts. Live in your imagination if you like, but it's not real. In the real world we need real enforceable, actionable laws and policy to deal with real problems. You pretend reality isn't real to give your fantasy world more meaning. I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between real and imagined, but you're just denigrating concepts you are closed off from.

I'm not concerned at all about being NOT being able to visit my sick companion in the hospital. If this obsession about rights is basically limited to "what happens when they're at death's door", then I'm really not that concerned.

And, as far as the "benefits" in financial terms? No, thanks. To me, that belittles the whole human aspect of the relationship. It institutionalizes it even more. That's one reason it's such big business.

And, no, that is not how I approach everything.

You've not demonstrated any other kind of thinking. Most people would be distraught to be denied the ability to be with their significant other at an emotional time. Not you. Nope...you're above that...until you're not.

More like non-existent fantasy concepts. Live in your imagination if you like, but it's not real. In the real world we need real enforceable, actionable laws and policy to deal with real problems. You pretend reality isn't real to give your fantasy world more meaning. I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between real and imagined, but you're just denigrating concepts you are closed off from.
Lol, the fear is so strong with you.

You are the one who has to have a piece of paper that says you're allowed to live and love someone for as both as you shall live......you hate our freedom don't you?

This is priceless. Your level of "freedom" is exactly no more or less than anyone else's. Your decision to forgo a license isn't "freedom" (I need a font dripping with scorn here). You have the freedom to choose. Guess what? So does EVERYBODY else - including Natural, now. Nobody hates your "freedom"...you don't even know what the word means.

You ever have a girlfriend before?

You continue to fail to understand. I'm not after paper or permissions, I'm after rights and protections and equal standing before the law. Neither you nor your partner in lunacy have any idea how rights work.

This is priceless. Your level of "freedom" is exactly no more or less than anyone else's. Your decision to forgo a license isn't "freedom" (I need a font dripping with scorn here). You have the freedom to choose. Guess what? So does EVERYBODY else - including Natural, now. Nobody hates your "freedom"...you don't even know what the word means.
Sure, try and keep up as you're making an argument Natural isn't making.

You continue to fail to understand. I'm not after paper or permissions, I'm after rights and protections and equal standing before the law. Neither you nor your partner in lunacy have any idea how rights work.
Rights and protections? What would those be for? By the way, who's actually been married and who hasn't? Let's play the game of experience.

Sure, try and keep up as you're making an argument Natural isn't making.

That wasn't an argument...it was a statement of fact. Freedom isn't defined by the choice you make...it's having the ability TO CHOOSE. Near as I can tell, you and yours are the only ones here who think only one possible choice represents "freedom". Hint - that's tyranny.

That wasn't an argument...it was a statement of fact. Freedom isn't defined by the choice you make...it's having the ability TO CHOOSE. Near as I can tell, you and yours are the only ones here who think only one possible choice represents "freedom".
And having the ability to choose without any sort of entity dictating how you go about a matter is true freedom. Now you're learning aren't you?

What is this fascination with attacking gay marriage? Aren't you guys against the concept of documented legal marriage entirely? If you take down the system and the state is no longer involved in marriage, I'm sure same sex couples will be fine. But as long as the govt regulates marriage, opposing same sex inclusion makes you a shitty bigot, not a good libertarian.

And having the ability to choose without any sort of entity dictating how you go about a matter is true freedom. Now you're learning aren't you?

You don't have that freedom. You never did. You never will. It's never existed in any civilized society. It never will. You fairy tale is just that - a fairy tale. You might as well start every post with "Once upon a time..."

You've taught nothing. Learned nothing. You think simply...your reasoning is shallow to the point of being non-existent.

You don't have that freedom. You never did. You never will. It's never existed in any civilized society. It never will. You fairy tale is just that - a fairy tale. You might as well start every post with "Once upon a time..."

You've taught nothing. Learned nothing. You think simply...your reasoning is shallow to the point of being non-existent.
#micdrop

Reactions: Raglefant
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT