ADVERTISEMENT

Lisa Murkowski leaving the GOP?????

Who the hell is Lisa Murkowski?

I think she is the young lady that plays Center for Nebraska’s WBB.

Markowski__Alexis_10x8_Mug_Nebraska_WBB_2022_SB_8449.0.jpg

She doesn’t know a damn thing now that wasn’t known in 2015. Far too little, far too late, coward.
Criminy. A lot of things have happened since 2015 and there are a lot of things we know now that we didn’t know 9 years ago.

Murkowski publicly called on Trump to resign after 1/6. She voted to convict him in the subsequent impeachment trial.

Her votes align with Biden 67% of the time - more than any other Republican except Collins. She helped champion the infrastructure bill. She voted to confirm Ketanji Brown-Jackson.

You guys constantly demand that Republicans push back against Trump and then every time one of them does, you brand them a coward.

Reactions: 3boysmom and h-hawk
Just in case the low intelligence voters haven't heard... another House Republican incumbent is leaving the House before his term is up... this time from Wisconsin. Mikey Johnson loses another vote of his already razor thin majority.

And we all know how the GOP has done in special elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: franklinman
Criminy. A lot of things have happened since 2015 and there are a lot of things we know now that we didn’t know 9 years ago.

Murkowski publicly called on Trump to resign after 1/6. She voted to convict him in the subsequent impeachment trial.

Her votes align with Biden 67% of the time - more than any other Republican except Collins. She helped champion the infrastructure bill. She voted to confirm Ketanji Brown-Jackson.

You guys constantly demand that Republicans push back against Trump and then every time one of them does, you brand them a coward.
Tell me one thing you didn't know about Trump in 2015 that you know now. He's a pathological liar? Knew it. He's totally immoral? Knew it. He's a raging narcissist? Definitely knew it. He cheats the people who work for him? Knew it. He's deeply tied to Russian interests? Knew it.

Murkowski backed Trump when it mattered and voted to not impeach him for trying to bully an ally into aiding his reelection campaign. She admitted it was "shameful and wrong" but felt the process had been "rushed". She went with McConnell and refused to hear any witnesses as part of the Senate "trial". She supported Trump's picks for the SC when courage could have made a difference. Apparently, the Barrett nomination wasn't all that "rushed".

She supports Biden's agenda now? So what? What did she do when she was faced with a reprehensible person who should have never stepped foot in the Oval Office?

Reactions: sober_teacher

That's sort if the issue, it seems to only ever be one at a time or just retire. The proof is that he is going to gain the party's nomination...again.

Just in case the low intelligence voters haven't heard... another House Republican incumbent is leaving the House before his term is up... this time from Wisconsin. Mikey Johnson loses another vote of his already razor thin majority.

And we all know how the GOP has done in special elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There won’t be a special election, Mr. High Intelligence Voter. They’re just going to have an election in November, like the rest of the country.

And given that the district is R+10 and the Democrats don’t even have a declared candidate yet, I doubt the GOP is sweating this one too much.

Reactions: ICHerky
That's sort if the issue, it seems to only ever be one at a time or just retire. The proof is that he is going to gain the party's nomination...again.
Trump on the ballot is the Dem's best option right now.

Voters either love or hate DJT.

That's good for Biden.

There won’t be a special election, Mr. High Intelligence Voter. They’re just going to have an election in November, like the rest of the country.

And given that the district is R+10 and the Democrats don’t even have a declared candidate yet, I doubt the GOP is sweating this one too much.
Thank you for the correction. Doesn't change the narrative that House Republican incumbents are running for the exits.

Keep spinning.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky

Not likely but if MTG gets her way Gallagher gets booted two weeks plus a day early and they have to hold a special election.

Not likely but if MTG gets her way Gallagher gets booted two weeks plus a day early and they have to hold a special election.
They would have to boot him before next Tuesday in order to trigger a special election. And even in the unlikely event that happens, it’s still an R+10 district and the Dems still don’t even have a candidate yet.

They would have to boot him before next Tuesday in order to trigger a special election. And even in the unlikely event that happens, it’s still an R+10 district and the Dems still don’t even have a candidate yet.
As I said, not likely. But it would be entertaining watching the GOP candidates tear each other apart.

Reactions: MitchLL
As I said, not likely. But it would be entertaining watching the GOP candidates tear each other apart.
As of right now I think there are two GOP candidates in the regular primary. So those two will be trading punches regardless of whether or not there is a special election.

It will be interesting to see if any Dems even bother running. Gallagher got 72% of the vote in 2022. The only Dems in that race were two write-in candidates who got a combined total of 1% of the vote.

*Edited to add that I would imagine the party is going to want a candidate in that race even if there is zero chance of flipping the seat. The POTUS race figures to be close in Wisconsin and the Dems aren’t going to want people in that district who less than enthusiastic about voting for Biden again to have one more reason to stay home.

Last edited:
I think this answers OP question. No, she will not be leaving the Republican Party. She just won’t vote for him. Ever here of Never Trumpers in the GOP?
Who are the never Trumpers in congress?

Who are the never Trumpers in congress?
Senator Bill Cassidy (LA)
Senator Mitt Romney (UT)
Senator Susan Collins (ME)
Senator Mike Rounds (SD)
Senator Lisa Murkowski (AK)
Senator Todd Young (IN)
Rep Chip Roy (TX)
Rep Thomas Massie (KY)
Rep Greg Pence (IN)
Rep Larry Bucshon (IN)
Rep Mike Gallagher (WI)
Rep David Joyce (NY)
Rep Mike Lawler (OH)
Rep David Valadao (CA)

Senator Mitt Romney (UT)

Senator Mitt Romney (UT)
Leaving congress

Senator Mike Rounds (SD)
Republican Sen. Mike Rounds tells CNN's Dana Bash that the election is a "binary choice" and that Donald Trump is "the best choice of the two choices that we have got.

Massie and Roy supported DeSantis but I can't find where they say they won't now vote for Trump.

Rep Greg Pence
Leaving congress

Rep Larry Bucshon
Leaving congress

Rep Mike Gallagher
Leaving congress

Rep David Joyce
Can't find anything that says he doesn't support Trump.

Well, there seem to be an unusual number of republican incumbents leaving office. That’s usually not a good side for that party in the next election.

Reactions: gohawks50
Senator Mitt Romney (UT)
Leaving congress

Senator Mike Rounds (SD)
Republican Sen. Mike Rounds tells CNN's Dana Bash that the election is a "binary choice" and that Donald Trump is "the best choice of the two choices that we have got.

Massie and Roy supported DeSantis but I can't find where they say they won't now vote for Trump.

Rep Greg Pence
Leaving congress

Rep Larry Bucshon
Leaving congress

Rep Mike Gallagher
Leaving congress

Rep David Joyce
Can't find anything that says he doesn't support Trump.

For the sake of ease, I just listed the names on a Never Trump Wikipedia page. So some of them may or may not be accurate.

Some of them supported a different GOP candidate in the beginning of the primaries and the real test of their conviction will be whether they continue to oppose Trump now that all the other GOP hopefuls have fallen by the wayside.

One thing is certain - the list is way too short and the number of them who are leaving Congress at the end of the year is disappointing.

Reactions: gohawks50
It might be better for Merica to not have a special election.

An open seat means one less vote for Mike Johnson, forcing him to try and work with Dems.

No margin for error with THIS GOP House and their radical agenda.

I think the chances of Dems hanging onto their US Senate majority in November are pretty slim, especially with the Newport of Maryland this week.

But it's also likely they gain control of the House.

Mixed govt is actually a positive.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I think the chances of Dems hanging onto their US Senate majority in November are pretty slim, especially with the Newport of Maryland this week.

But it's also likely they gain control of the House.

Mixed govt is actually a positive.
If by some miracle they either keep their majority or even expand it - that ought to be a giant alarm bell for republicans, as favorable as the senate map is this year.

If by some miracle they either keep their majority or even expand it - that ought to be a giant alarm bell for republicans, as favorable as the senate map is this year.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Menendez. If he is able to run as an independent he could pull enough votes to swing the election to the GOP.

I for one will laugh my ass off if the Dems’ refusal to kick him out of the Senate ends up costing them a seat they’ve held for over 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT